Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

I’m not sure why we’re ridiculing each other’s settings here? Surely this is somewhere we can share our findings and preferences and if people want to try them then great.

After setting up my Ultimate I reported to Beano about my experience and he gave me a baseline to test and also offered up some vastly different settings which he personally wouldn’t use but he knew I might like (because I’m a pussy in his opinion :laughing:).

I’m not too bothered about finding the most realistic settings, I’m a competitive git and all I really care about is lapping as fast as possible.

The amazing thing about the SC2 is the range of feel and experiences it can provide the end user, there’s no right or wrong here it’s just personal preference.

11 Likes

Good post, Simon, how I read it too!

Plus, at least you’re a fast Pussy, not a slow old fart like I am :blush:

Great timing!
Niels speaking about iRacing FFb ingame VS profiler.

He talks about telemetry, im talking about linear forces, but in the end we talk about the same thing. Soo im not a fool or something like that, “leave me alone, i Know what im doing!” hehehe

https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3652915.page

4 Likes

hello @Mika it’s wednesday and i’m going on vacation tonight. I had hoped that I can test the new firmware before my departure, so I see if it solves the issues with the noise and I can avoid the return of the SC2Pro. Will there be an update today?

1 Like

Depends what you are looking for. Niels wants to protect his wrists, I want realism and I wont get realism in a dallara18 with 10nm. 10nm is slightly above a fanav2… no thank you :wink:

wont happen as Mika was looking into an issue just an hour ago so no new FW this week I guess.

Spot on!
SC2 Sport is not created to replicate the forces on a Dallara IR18, im not with that goal in mind.
Im talking about driving a sim racecar one handed and smoking if possible

1 Like

Yeah apologize for the posts, if the feeling is right with you it s perfect. I don t use my simucube 2 pro at 100% ffb more likely about 68-70% with irffb. Though the heusinkveld guy forgot one thing you can set the max delta peak force by adjusting slew rate …for example u set it to 2 nm and it s ok my wrist are still on

Can we have a lite theme to go along with the dark?

@Mika Any news on the next firmware release Mika?

1 Like

Should be this week, but no major new features will be ready.

same for me. How did you solve the problem ?

That’s fine, it’s just the resonance/noise issue I’m waiting on a fix for.

1 Like

do you have the firmware1.03 on it? Reconfilter on 1 or higher and you no longer have any noise

It’s the Friction filter that creates the resonance in my tests.

2 Likes

What friction Filter? Hardware or DXinput?
My SC2 Sport only do weird sound when Recon OFF and/or with DXinput Filters activated

The Friction filter in True Drive. Don’t worry, I’ve already had confirmation that a fix for the resonance is in the next firmware update, perhaps it’s more of an issue with the Ultimate than the Sport.

2 Likes

got also the strange resonance noise in raceroom and putting the direct input friction filter to 0 eleminaited it

This is what confuses me a little.

I didn’t think any of the direct input filters could have any effect with raceroom.

When you look at the True Drive interface, it shows a - next to every effect which according to the user guide means they are inactive.

Am I understanding that correctly?

If one uses the default raceroom profile, it will create a clutch effect which induces great noise with DD wheels. It is disabled in the raceroom rcs files we released, so the effect is not activated with those.

1 Like