Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

It is O.T. but It depends on the the car and degrees of rotation for that car.
Imo more than 540⁰ with a wired wheel is not recomended

@Mika Not sure if this is the right place for a feature suggestion, but here goes…

Would it be possible to have a wheel center position memory based on the wheel rim attached? In the case of wireless rims you could detect the rim and apply the wheel center automatically. For USB rims, a dropdown in the wheel rim tab would get the job done.

Maybe I’m just not skilled enough when installing my wheel side QR, but all my rims have a slightly different center despite my best efforts :smile: It’s a pain to have to reset center every time I switch rims.

Hello,
I can not find the topical where it is mentioned the next to return on an old glass of true drive .
My first version was the 2020.10 which was very good, I switched to the 2021.09 and now the 2021.12 but these last 2 versions brought me too many very unpleasant grains in the direction, the only way to eliminate these grains is to pass the reconstitution filter on 9 and there the driving becomes not possible.
Thank you in advance for giving the solution to return on an old version.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I would also love to go back to 2010.10, I am on 2021.08

Is that possible?

Hi!
Go to main page of this community, use the search function and type “true drive downgrade”, do the same with "is firmware downgrade possible with (your actual TD version).
I ONLY provide you the way to find what you are looking for. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND to stick with the latest TD and firmware version. If you are not able to do a search you might neither capable to use the possibilities that true drive is offering. If it is possible is beyond my knowledge

1 Like

Absolutely, just follow the instruction

Older releases can be found here

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answers, in the meantime I got an answer on my forum in France, it’s a real gold mine this forum, with very great connoisseurs on DD and other parameters.
Like you they gave me the link and warned me that it was dangerous, so I didn’t do it, I looked at what could give me this problem of vibrations / grains in the steering wheel and I realized that in content manager the gamma was set to 50% I put it on 100% it seems better to me, as well as the boost of the center of the steering on 10% that I put on 0.
I’ll continue my tests before really going back to the true drive version.
But it’s still strange not to be able to go back as we want, well that’s how I deal with it…
Thanks again for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I am not sure about “danger”, rolled back mine a few times after trying new release out.
It just flashes FW to EPROM, same procedure as installing new version.

I really don’t understand what all the fuss is about with the latest version. I never had any problems with my SC2 in combination with TrueDrive. It’s simple, stable, lightweight and the way Granite is developing it, with the community in mind, is fantastic.

2 Likes

Yea, I’m also running the 2021.12 (hotfix) and no issues for me. If you have a wireless wheel there might be a small issue if I recall correctly, but it’s perfect for USB wheels. I think 2021.9 is perfect for wireless wheel users until the issue on startup is fixed in a next release.

No luck downgrading to 2010.10, procedure was smooth but now when I start TD 2010.10, it just closes itself after few seconds.

Going to 2021.9

Did you also add the parameter to downgrade the firmware? Just opening the old Truedrive isn’t enought.

That is what is meant by procedure going smoothly, that is the procedure. Without the procedure firmware does not downgrade

2021.9 is running fine.

Now to sort iracing issue …lol

I can tell you my short experience with the last version of TD since i bought it. Now i understand it much better and it works perfect. In fact, it can change your experience in game a lot and let you drive a car in a completely different way. it detects the wireless steering wheel in less than one second when it’s turned on. No cuts, lag or mistakes in connection. Very useful and friendly, each time you change some parameters in TD running the sim (background), you can go back to the sim and feel the differences. It’s great and give you the chance to make changes very quickly (old version looks like to have some mistakes with it?¿) . All functions works fine and adjustments are really noticeable. If i’m not wrong, i think what you mean is the old versions were smoother?¿ granny effects?¿ I hate the granny effect, my old TS-PC had a lot cos the belt. With SC2, depending the game you can have that feeling but modifying some parameters it will disappear easily. The SC2 hasn’t belt but curiously the game produces that unreal effect (too much from the road surface) with its own FFB. I guess the game’s companies should check this. Recently i just can see how they are making worse FFB. That’s why i appreciate a lot to have TD software to correct this and get a better experience in sims.

Greetings.

1 Like

Totally agree with you on the felt grain, in my case it occurs especially at the start of the car at very low speed and in the turns, it makes an effect as if it missed nuts on the wheels, moreover if it were necessary to modify the ffb for each car, in AC there are so many, that it would become impossible.
I wonder if it’s not more a problem of the content manager than of True Drive …

Which version do you have @Andrew_WOT ?

Hi getmlh,

Have you checked the “road” option in Content Manager? it amplifies the surface asphalt effect and this makes you feel like you said “missed nuts on the wheels”. My value is 3% in CM. More is an uncomfortable feeling for me. You can make it disappear with TD filter “Reconstruction filter” too. 5 is a good value(compromise) to me and 10 is like driving a standard street car. You won’t feel that “grain” although many people like having that feeling to be sticky to asphalt, they feel the car more alive and wheels more sensitive.

Greetings.

1 Like

Yes, road effect on 0, this is the problem on the previous version I did not exceed 3 on the reconstruction filter, now it must be increased, it is good that TD to change something that for me is not going in the right direction …

Oh, and the other problem I noticed, I already reported but did not receive an answer or not very clear in any case, I will try to explain it a little better.
In simple profile mod I create a setting in this case high torque max and RAW / RAW I validate, I save and I play, the ffb is very good, I get out of the game, I edit the profile without changing anything, I click on cancel or ok I return to the game and well surprise there is no more ffb!
I have to come back in this profile to make edit, move the cursors to make a new save and the ffb comes back, it’s the same if I choose another profile, when I take back the simple mod profile there is no ffb, this problem is made only with the simple mod profile there is no save with the expert profile.
Why I use the simple mod? because I find that with its combinations the ffb is very very good, but with this problem the experience is spoiled.
So I don’t know if with the versions before 2021.11 the defect existed, this is another reason why I wanted to go back.
Greetings

Summary

1234567890123 (required 20 characters)

1 Like

“Grainy” feeling in DD-wheel FFB is not a defect, it’s a feature. :grinning: All DD-wheels share that trait. It just means that the servo is extremely responsive to the ffb signals. DD-wheels operate in a much broader dynamic-range than main-stream ones.

As users, it’s our job to find the settings that fit our personal ideal ffb. Grainy ffb can easily be avoided but, as a former user of geared and belt-driven ffb wheels myself, I had to relearn how to tune the settings effectively, what’s good in ffb, what’s not so good, what’s more realistic, etc.

We need to forget what we “think we know” about tuning ffb and explore what’s possible.

Even after years of DD-wheel use (on 3 different systems), I’m still learning new tricks. :wink:

4 Likes