Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

…actuality I’m not complaining. I’m just waiting for a good reason to upgrade

So I was referring in general terms. But I will be more sensitive in the future to people’s feelings.

1 Like

good boy! very nice! Thank you

Not sure why you have to be patronizing?

guys, please. discuss personal matters on dm or something, don’t clutter the forum.

1 Like

Oooooh, I would like this too!

Every time I change cars, I have to take my VR headset off and find my profile for that specific car.

The other annoying thing is that if my Simucube Ultimate bugs out and I lose FFB (which surprisingly happens almost everyday), and I have to restart my wheel, (which I can do by hitting the on/off button whilst in VR), it then resets to my default profile, and I have to take off my headset and scroll down to the profile I actually want.

Just having the Simucube remember the last profile I was using and loading that up and not defaulting to my default profile would be awesome.

1 Like

Hi Mike, do you only use one single profile for all cars (bar the mud oval cars) in iRacing then?

Thats exactly how the old software works so its weird they wouldnt have made the new one do the same.

1 Like

I’m wondering if I’m wasting my time running different profiles for every single car in iRacing, and thinking maybe I should be running just one single profile in TrueDrive for all the cars in iRacing.

I dont use IRacing but ive never understood different profiles for different cars myself. To me thats like trying to make them all feel the same and they shouldnt.

2 Likes

If you start running cars without power steering like the Indycar i need to run diffrent profiles with static for reduction as it will start to hurt my hands. I also like running diffrent profiles for cars like F3 and Pro Mazda as running lower slew rates makes the tires feel really nice and reduces violent force feedback jolts when hitting curbs. Iracing force feedback changes significantly from car to car as there is such a huge variety of cars compared to other sims, Im not going to run the same profile on the Indycar as I would a Rallycross or stadium truck.

2 Likes

I do have a slightly more dampened and about 5% less strong profile for LMP and other high downforce cars. But I keep tuning it… And I do not do the offroad trucks nor rallycross at all.

2021.11 is ready to download.
Somehow the reminder is missing @Mika :smiley:

2 Likes

yes, its out.

and its Friday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So far no issues and the wheel base is starting without any issues. Seems like the problem with the bootup is solved :).
Thanks @Mika and Team. I’ll provide more infromation when I drove around like a madman :rofl:

On problem I found so far.
If you hover over the menu items it seems like the tooltip is broken.

Is there plans to add an autoload profile feature like SRS/Sim Commander/IRFFB have? This is a huge quality of life feature for VR especially.

Can we please have a view list format for profiles instead of these large tiles?

2 Likes

That problem is with the previous version also. As I don’t use paddock I didn’t really care.

Some bug reports coming in - the “default” customized wheel images for some wheels do not load as they are installed in the installation directory. Will be fixed.

The tooltips in Paddock is a bit of a mystery, as they seem to sometimes show correctly and sometimes not. It could be a cache issue as we try to mimize the bandwidth utilization, and some wrong stylesheet is loaded.

How do I set the My Profiles tab as default. It keeps defaulting to Online Profiles at startup.
I could have sworn I’ve seen that option somewhere but can’t find it now. Thanks.