Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

If you have a signal with update rate of 60 Hz, then the FFB signal that can be accurately represented with that update rate, can only contain FFB signals up to 30 Hz frequency. Any signal from the road higher frequency as this, will have to be either filtered out or the content will be aliased and the result will not be felt correctly on the steering wheel. However, racing sims are doing the latter, they do not have the pre-filtering up to Nyquist frequency. This is because the exact signal that needs to be reconstructed to the drivers hands is not generally required to be exactly reproduced anyway.

But the exact frequency content of the signal and the update rate are still very ā€œapples and orangesā€ things. They affect each other but are not the same things.

iRacing has 60 Hz FFB update rate as it has always been.

You are completely wrong.

1 Like

2nd day in a row after a long switch off time.
Released the E-Stop first and then switched the SC on and it could initialize it without any issue.
So maybe its related to a locked E-Stop?

True Drive 2021.9 supports quickly trying out Paddock profiles without registering.

We have now deployed the next version of the web application.

• Support for quickly trying out online profiles
  • Filter settings in the online profiles view stay in memory
  • Filter settings in the online profiles view default to order by rating
  • Car filter now updates to blank when changing between games where the new game did not have the selected car type available
  • It is possible to set type of wheel used in the profile metadata
  • Added some more characters to allowed characters in online profile name
  • small styling changes
3 Likes

3rd day in a row.
Starting TD with E-Stop unlocked and I was again able to initialize the SC2 without any issue. :smile:

I saw that the tooltips are not working on the new version. When I hover over the View or Rocket icon there is a blank black/darkgray bar.

Maybe some CSS is coming from a cache. It works on develop when I launch the software from the development framework, but not when I launch my normal installation.

Well, 4th day and the wheel base got stuck while e-stop was released.
Seems like not related to the problem. :sob:

I have a feature request if I may :slight_smile:
I have looked through the documentation in the folder and see that some parameters can be passed but not the ones I was thinking of.

The problem: I have a streamdeck like device that I use to load applications, map to joystick buttons for in game functions etc, etc. I would like to add some buttons on it that will allow me to change my truedrive profile from there without having to switch to truedrive to do it.

Possible solution: Modify truedrive so that it can take extra command line parameters - i.e. the name or id of one of your profiles that it will change to. Obviously if truedrive was already running then this would just pass the message on to the running instance of truedrive as I have seen some other pieces of software do to allow you to do.

It would be a very convenient feature to have for the many people with a streamdeck or touchpad running similar software.

2 Likes

We are considering this, and also making profile unique id numbers visible to users.

We are deploying a new Paddock software version at the moment. No changes needed in True Drive, only the web app is updated. Changes include:

• Logout&re-login reliability improvement
  • Notification style changes
  • Added profile publish/unpublish notifications
  • ā€œUse at your own riskā€ disclaimer moved to only profile page itself
  • Navigation menus are more responsive
  • Update to userā€™s latest profile version -feature was broken. Fixed now.
  • UI elements that were not responsive enough on small window, are now more responsive.
  • Fix bug where, if a default Paddock-mode profile was not set to device -> Paddock did not send the active Paddock profile on load as it was supposed to.
2 Likes

Is the most overlooked problem also fixed? :smiley:
grafik
Different background color :rofl:

That is on the list to investigate. The background color of the image is the same as the True Drive skin color, so something strange is happening there.

And of course fixing that requires a full update of True Drive, not just the web application deployment.

Maybe it is a problem how the image is exported. Just an idea :).

Background should probably be transparent to prevent image/web page colour differencees.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe you saw this. Eagle eyes :joy:

Once you see it you canā€™t unsee it: frowning:

1 Like

I think I found the reason, and it should be fixed for next release:)

1 Like

Is all you can starr at, I guess. And the difference in colour increases like crazyā€‹:joy::joy:

Mika I have saved my profiles from the True Drive classic.

How do I open the saved files in Paddock? Is this possible?

Thanks