Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

Come on @Tero don’t be a tease :joy: Please share!!! This is what we have been wanting/waiting to hear, just give us a hint!

Cloud hosted wheelbase. :rofl:
Seriously, even some vague roadmap would be nice. :+1:

1 Like

I hope you don’t wonder why you get in trouble now: you just can’t tell “I have a parcel for you but I don’t tell anything about other than you maybe have to wait for quite long time till you get it. But it’s huge, it’s mind blowing, it’s gonna change your world. Bye for now”. Tis time you digged the hole yourself :hatching_chick:

TBF, I would be really impressed.
Downloading new wheels with subscription would also be a good idea. :smiley:

I wanted to chime in and ask people who own the simucube 2 how the paddock is coming along? Are people readily using it to post up to date profiles for all driving/racing games or does it remain as what many explained to me last year as just okay and more of a starting point where no profiles were that great?

I notice that less times now can I find forum posts with people sharing their builds and settings so I assumed it was more on the paddock now which would be great.

For settings people post, is there a spot for them to add additional details like what the in game settings should be?

Guess all decent settings for all the sims were posted already, SC2 Software hasn’t added anything new to warrant profiles updates, we’ve seen some activity after sims like R3E and ACC revisited their FFB, and of course AMS2 that seems nobody can figure out after each new update, but other than that how many different settings for the same set of sims one can expect.

I’ve been using it since release and whenever I needed some profiles they were there.
Of course you have to test it yourself, but mostly the ones with good rating are always great to use right away.

1 Like

Yes when you create a profile for yourself or even if you share it, there are 2 mandatory boxes to fill in, one for any information and the second for in-game information, so if the creator has filled in the box for the game there should be the settings to apply in the (games)

It seems that login with the google login is not working in the system right now. We are investigating.

@Mika any idea what that means? I’m on 2022.5

That means that the SSL communications dll file is somehow not found by your True Drive, or that loading of it is blocked by another software.

Any information about virus scanners etc on your PC?

1 Like

the pic was taken right after a brand new install of win10 and the first boot of td on the new system, I had to reinstall because the pc was having quite a lot of problems lately and I suspect it might have had some viruses or something similar.
I always had just win basic antivirus, never installed another 3rd party sw for that.

i updated win with every update available and even reinstalled td, it still shows Broken.
any help please?

I’m investigating it. The “Broken” note does not affect the device in any way.

1 Like

Finally updated driver and firmware to the online paddock thing (2022.2) a few weeks back and I’d like to list some things which I don’t understand, don’t seem to make sense to me, are frustrating or a step back from previous versions, possible glitches / bugs, or just general questions:

1. why was the link removed that brings us to the Simucube 2 update download page? It was nice to quickly click on that to check for updates rather than opening up a webrowser, etc.

2. If I click the “other settings” page, the “Save settings to Simucube” button flashes. I did not change any settings so why does this keep flashing?

3. the “Prevent mouse wheel from changing profile settings” cannot be un-checked. I’d like to disable this so I can use my mouse wheel. Well, it can be un-checked but it doesn’t do anything as the mouse wheel still doesn’t work to change FFB settings, it just scrolls the page up & down. Also, whenever I start True Drive again it’s back to being checked.

4. It’s not good that we have to click the “Edit” button to change or view FFB settings. When clicking a profile, we should be able to view the settings immediately to make sure everything is OK and also to edit settings. Also, currently when we edit settings, we also have to hit the “OK” button which closes the edit window. When we’re constantly tuning FFB settings, this will eventually drive the user crazy as they have to keep clicking “Edit” to open the window, adjust the settings, hit “OK” to apply the settings (which also closes the window), hit “Edit” again to open the window again and repeat. Also, even if we just want to see the FFB settings and not adjust them, we have to hit the “Edit” button. It’s very tedious and pointless and adds nothing but annoyance & frustration in my opinion.

There should be another column - maybe on the far-right side of the window - that shows all the FFB settings. A “lock” button so that people aren’t able to adjust any of the settings by mistake would work perfectly here.

1. If I go to online True Drive, where are my profiles? Why are my “offline” profiles not accessible when I’m using True Drive online mode? We should have all our profiles accessible regardless if we use online or offline mode. Regardless of whether I go into the online section or not, all my profiles should be there. What’s the point in splitting all our FFB profiles into 2 completely separate “cabinets” or locations?

2. What does “Quick Try” do? I clicked on “Quick Try” but the profile is actually saved so how is that different to just saving it normally? What’s the point?

3. The “Quick Try” saves to my offline profiles section. Why would it save there but not in the True Drive Online section?

4. When I go to view that profile which got saved to the offline section via “Quick Try”, I don’t see any of the vital information about the profile like the comments, game settings, notes, tips, etc. I just see the FFB settings themselves (if I click “Edit”) and that’s it. Why would all that potentially important information disappear?

5. If in True Drive online mode and I save a profile by clicking “ADD TO MY PROFILES”, I cannot make any changes to that profile. It’s basically locked. So if trying others’ FFB profiles in True Drive Online mode, we have to use their exact settings with no chance to adjust them? I’m assuming most people will use other people’s profiles as a starting point but will like to make changes. It seems I have to go back to offline mode to make the adjustments. Why do we have to keep switching between offline mode and True Drive online mode to do different things?

Honestly, it’s a little messy and all over the place at the moment. I avoided True Drive online driver / firmware version until a few weeks ago because I figured it would take some time to be polished up but tomorrow (May 12) it will be 1 year since True Drive’s first public release and either I don’t know how to use it properly or it needs quite a bit of work still. Downloading/saving, viewing, and adjusting FFB should not be such a cumbersome experience.

1. This is probably not important but I’ll still mention it. I always get the message “unable to open device in bootloader mode” when firmware updates are attempted. It tries 30 times and fails but then it is able to find and connect to the device in “normal” mode and the firmware update seems to complete successfully. It’s done this twice now I believe. When going to 2022.2 and again today to 2022.5. Is this normal and OK?

P.S. I would like to say that the whole idea with the online profiles where you can search by game is awesome. Also, the part where users can write notes about their FFB settings, descriptions, tips, advice, in-game settings, etc. is just beautiful (but it needs to be implemented better so we can always view that information once we save/download that profile - that info needs to be stored in the user’s end along with the FFB profile rather than just the FFB profile).

1 Like

There is now an integral check for updates mechanism that brings that text back to UI only when there is an update available. However, we haven’t yet used that mechanism, but looks like 2022.5 is finally solving the wireless wheel receiver bug so we can have 2021.11 and up version to notify that there is an update that does not have any known issues or at least is not worse than their current version.

It flashes whenever any of the profile settings or hardware settings have been changed. It seems that it might be best to limit it to only the settings visible on that page.

This could be a newly introduced bug - I will check to fix that.

I agree. Our goal is to add switching between normal and advanced mode settings to the web application, and then we can have the web application to enable editing those sliders and to send the new settings to device. Also some of the filters (or at least the peaking/notch filter) need to have all its logic implemented in the web app. This is all on todo list.

After making an account and logging in, you have “My Profiles” tab there, where your profiles are saved.

Offline mode caches all the profiles that are sent to device from the online application. It is meant to be used for those circumstances where there is not online connectivity available. This whole offline feature was not originally planned, but it was implemented after community wanted to be able to use device offline as well.

It enables to quickly try profiles from Paddock without first saving them to My Proflies in Paddock. Works also without logging in, so even those that insist on using Offline mode can enjoy other people’s shared profiles. Offline mode caches these as well.

Offline mode is only a cache in case of there is no online connection available. It does not sync both ways.

That is true, you loose all the useful things from Paddock online profiles if you just use the offline mode.

This is because the Paddock profile that has been added to your profiles, can be updated by the original creator (there is a button to get those updated settings if there are any).Those updates could then overwrite the user’s own edits. But there is a duplicate -button that enables to make a copy that facilitates editing. It wouldn’t be great if your own profile edits were overwritten by accident, wouldn’t it?

This is normal, we left a short time window where a malfunctioning device could be turned on in a mode where it is forced to be in bootloader mode, and a firmware update triggered for that device. Lets see if it is useful in support cases. I’m monitoring the situation and remove this part of the firmware update process if it is not really used even once.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies but I’m still not understanding things. I’ve been using True Drive for a month or 2 now but all my FFB profiles are in the offline list. There they are neatly listed and easily able to adjust settings. I don’t see what the online mode is for besides viewing and downloading other people’s profiles which is awesome (as well as viewing their tips, advice, game settings, etc.) but once it’s downloaded, it’s always in the offline mode list, and furthermore I can’t see any of the important information, advice, game-settings anymore. Why is there no option to read that?

Even if I click “quick try”, it still saves the FFB to my offline list of profiles - so it’s not a “quick try” but simply downloading / saving the profile. I don’t have any online profiles but like 10 or 15 offline profiles and I still don’t understand what the point of me using True Drive online is. It’s great to download other people’s profiles, it’s great that I can upload my profiles for others, but when I’m just managing my own profiles, making adjustments, etc. I don’t see what the point of using True Drive is versus the much cleaner and simpler UI of offline mode.

Also, when viewing my True Drive online profiles, the FFB settings should be immediately adjustable where they are all listed. Instead, they are just a “picture” of the settings and to actually change the settings we have to click edit which then brings back the offline mode style adjustment screen. Why make it so cumbersome?

If we download someone’s FFB settings, they will automatically change if the other person changes them? Will we be notified when there’s a change? An option to compare the changes to our version? An option to decline the changes? Will there automatically be a version number or date so we know which version we have and can keep track o things? Things can get real messy if someone’s constantly updating their profile and our own profiles are automatically getting changed in real time every time they change their profile. That can cause havoc. On the other hand if you make a duplicate copy of the profile so that we don’t have to worry about our FFB automatically changing on it’s own, will we still be notified if the original profile was updated?

1 Like

It is the new profile management system. The offline mode is just a backup and for those that who do not want to use the online mode.

Because the online mode does not send that information from the cloud to the device.

It seems that for some reason, you are wanting to use offline mode and as such, you are missing the actual benefits of the online mode.

Addressed in my previous reply. Quite a bit of logic has to be written so that sliders would be able to be edited in the online mode. But we are working on it.

Not automatically. There is a notification “star” or icon on the profile in your My Profiles view if it is a profile that has been added from Online mode, and you can manually go and update it.

That duplicate copy does not get the notification anymore, but the original profile does if you still have that in your My Profiles view.

Why though, isn’t this important info directly relating to the profile we downloaded?

Yes, that’s why I’m writing all these questions & complaints (sorry, not trying to be rude) because I’m trying to discover & understand what the benefits are besides searching & downloading other people’s profiles which is great but once they’re saved and in my offline profiles list, I’m not understand the benefit or point of using online mode. In other words, I find True Drive online mode so cool as a way to create a sort of Simucube community where we can download and upload profiles (as well as describing them). But other than being a fantastic community repository to download/upload profiles, I’m not understand the point of me using & adjusting my own profiles in online mode when it’s just more cumbersome than offline mode.

We do not have the development resources to do two separate full profile management systems. Offline is usable enough as it is now, for those situations where there is no network connectivity or in the unlikely circumstance that the Paddock is down.

Thats up to you to decide. You loose the fields for in-game settings, and you loose the benefit of very secure place to store the profiles (in cloud) and you’ll need to backup them yourself instead.

I do understand that the current system is a bit confusing, but the offline mode was much requested by the valued members of this community, so lets be respectful for their requests.

Did you notice that their is the wrench icon in the active profile rectangle in My Profiles view? By clicking that, the profile is activated AND the FFB editing window is launched. It is actually one less mouse click than in offline mode (if I calculated my mouse clicks correctly).