Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

You’re dead right, Quantity does not make Quality. And the dozens and dozens of profiles on TD makes finding the quality ones difficult.

As for a single profile, I race iRacing almost exclusively and I find myself making a new profile for each car individually because I find my profiles all need slight tweaking to give a nicer feel when driving.
I just couldn’t get away with one single profile for all of iRacing. My F3 car needs far different settings to my GT3 ones.

irFFB feels so much better in iRacing and saves the profiles per car. Certainly does a lot more than TD, so additional TD-settings seems not really necessary to me, but I do iRacing not often enough to judge that. The goal for me is to have a default profile for as many titles as possible because TD doesn’t do auto-switch like SimHub and usually the games have enough options (not iRacing) to fix the details. In DR2, FH5, Wreckfest and WRC I’m using 450° of rotation (it’s quicker) and they might output some unwanted spikes you want to dampen. BeamNG, ETS2, ATS and Kartkraft needs special treatment. In AMS, AMS2, iRacing, rF2, AC, ACC I’m running my default.

You are right. I read it wrong that you updated it right away. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t understand why more users don’t take a screenshot of their profiles. Takes a few seconds and serves as a decent backup should something unexpectedly go wrong.

4 Likes

I use 540 for WRC9 and max 40% of the torque from my sport. In some stages, or for classic cars ,I use recon 1. In game everything to 100 except self aligning to 110, motor to 50 and damage very little. All driving aids off and damage system to realistic. Dirt 2.0 unf I can’t find a good FFB at all

I tried those different FFB combos Content Manager offers for AC. I only drive open wheelers from RSS, Sim Dream, VRC Aso. For me it works best with the basic and new Gyro tweak from CM and then adjusting the proposed in-game FFB per car. TD 100% torque, recon off or 1, static force reduction depending on track. That’s all. I have no sudden loss of FFB, no crazy spikes. Just as n overall FFB from track, car, suspension, tyres. It works very good for me

I started to do this also for some log in occasions. Writing them down in a note ends (at least for me) in a mess. Having 2 or 3 devices and one has to change your data for all is trying. It’s a clever idea you are bringing up.

I agree irffb is so much better. The latest update that I’ve the SOP setting for all cars is badass. So much better than TD or Iracing.

Some features wishlist for TD Paddock v2

Auto switch profile
Per car
Per track
Per game

TD have to ASK

A new track , car combination Is detected from this game… want to create a new profile ? Yes
Want to auto load this new profile next time this combination is detected ? YES.
want to made this profile available on TD online paddock? … Yes

Recon filter 2
Integrated SoP effect
In firmware detail enhancer ( irffb like FX )

Simucube2 aggregated Device
A way for TD to LINK other dinput or xinput device like button boxes / pedals / wheels etc, and control them from TD with dead zones, linearity , button assignements etc + auto HID-HIDE linked device. The result have to be a New virtual device with 4 axes 128 buttons , encoders, switches, shifters ecc. One unique big ( Simucube2 steering wheel device )

Telemetry/Value view for current and peak torque

TRUE DRIVE Special Key
Internal special Key that when pressed uses preassigned buttons / Rotary / switches to change Value like :
Strength
Inertia
recon
Friction
Damper
Slew rate
Static force reduction
When pressed again , buttons return to normal game assignements ( its like the Shift Key in ACC )

NEW TRUE drive Dynamic Dampening based on telemetry

750 max characters on paddock Profile instead of 500

In short
PLEASE …
INTEGRATE similar software like VJoy ,emuwheel and Irffb INTO TRUE DRIVE Just like ImmSource did with their Platform software. iRFFB and vJoy is open source and the source code is available on GITHUB in case GD want to see how this tools works.

Immsource device Is fully compatibile even with FFB … Out of the box with games like forza Horizon 5 , forza Motorsport 7 and others… Even if the device Is not directly supported by the game

10 Likes

9 Likes

Good one! :slight_smile:

Great posting with great ideas @Albert_Brennan, thank you for your valuable input!

We have started dev team discussions on these matters.

Yours, Tero

3 Likes

hello,
really ?. thank you Tero. this is very appreciated. :). :pray:

You made good points and I would also love to see these things in the next releases. :slight_smile:

@Mika & @Tero and GD Team in general. Guys @Albert_Brennan indeed made a few good suggestions and i hope that GD will start investing more on the software development side. I am a proud owner of an SC2 pro since Aug 2019 and although i love the hardware, over these 2,5 years i have not seen any real improvement/advancement on the software side and the way ffb is delivered. It is mainly bug fixes and the Paddock (which for me does not bring any value).
I see lately less known or new companies like Immsource, Moza, Simagic even Cammus with good looking software and settings, mobile apps with Bluetooth connection on the wheel base, etc. I havent personally tried any of these products, so i cannot really say if they are good, but they look of good quality with good reviews, at competitive pricing and overall seem to be a good value proposition in the sim market.
On the other hand i see Simucube which i believe holds the crown of the high end Direct Drives with many years of experience in the market, with the most expensive products, but at the same time with an outdated software. The hardware part maybe the best, but i feel that the software is just basic and is falling behind the competition.
I think that TD should do hardware auto lock, it could show the NM output, use telemetry (accuforce is doing this for many years), have better compatibility and all the other things @Albert_Brennan mentioned already.
I am not trying to be disrespectful here. I value your work and products, but i suggest you step up your game with the software part.

All the best.

9 Likes

Amen Brother. I asked about the whole irFFB a while back but nothing. I really hope they do some of these things. With that said I hope they are not holding out for a new wheel to do these things that we are asking. I love my SC2 pro.

1 Like

@anthony_handley New wheel :scream:? LOL if a new wheel shows up anytime in the next few years i will be seriously disappointed. DD wheels are not mobile phones. SC2 has been marketed as the cutting edge DD technology at least hardware wise. So i cannot fathom that our wheels cannot support these things, while cheaper/less advanced products can. GD instead of investing on R&D for a new base, should better invest on a cutting edge software to take advantage of the current hardware (assuming of course that the HW has the capability). Otherwise i am afraid that the competition will take over.

2 Likes

I think that Granite Devices can talk to people from CollectiveMinds and make a joint venture to add support on DriveHub to Simucube wheels

From my ignorant consumer view while SC2 hardware is nice step up from OSW Argon/Mige I had, the software is the same as MMOs with just Smoothing filter replaced by Reconstruction. There is nothing else functionally that distinguishes two.
Misplaced priorities also killed almost two years of potential useful features development.

6 Likes

I just have exactly the same impression. I don’t know if GD have been working on the side all this time on other stuff than the Paddock and they will surprise us at some point. If not, 2 years just for the Paddock does not seem any progress at all to me…

5 Likes