Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

From what I saw the increase of wireless wheels having connection problems
The amount of posts claiming to have all of a sudden a “grainy” FFB also increased. I never had this and my wheels are all powered through active USB. Based on the assumption that not all of postings were “phantom pain based” we could say that either firmware updates and or TD had bugs. I see this as a almost logical event from what I posted before. Tbh I think you (Granite as a whole) mastered this very classic economical situation real good. Believe me, I saw that exact same situation turning into tragedies and nightmares.

It will, but it will now be likely released as part of the wider thing Tero hinted above. We didn’t want to make a relatively short lived API changes between the device and the PC while the project that was pressing on is more deep rooted software rethink so that the development is shared between developers more easily.

2 Likes

@Mika cant wait to see what you guys are planning to do!! Very excited about that. Now on the debate online sharing VS better FFB feel, i am 100% sure that all of us would appreciate and value the FFB feel more and there would be 0 debates, but that is done now so no point discussing it. Lets focus on the future! :grinning: :pray:

5 Likes

And also the API between the device and PC is pretty complicated and difficult to maintain. Not easy to add e.g. telemetry support, or support for more devices. So thats what the wider rework is about.

2 Likes
1 Like

Guys, if you feel there is too little going on in SC2 / SW development, I can assure it’s just “the silence before the storm”. We have doubled SW team size in the past year and working harder than ever. It will pay off. Big projects just take time to mature :slight_smile:

14 Likes

oooh interesting! :smiley: do we have the right to have some information about what it could change? or it remains secret? :smile:

2 Likes

Come on @Tero don’t be a tease :joy: Please share!!! This is what we have been wanting/waiting to hear, just give us a hint!

Cloud hosted wheelbase. :rofl:
Seriously, even some vague roadmap would be nice. :+1:

1 Like

I hope you don’t wonder why you get in trouble now: you just can’t tell “I have a parcel for you but I don’t tell anything about other than you maybe have to wait for quite long time till you get it. But it’s huge, it’s mind blowing, it’s gonna change your world. Bye for now”. Tis time you digged the hole yourself :hatching_chick:

TBF, I would be really impressed.
Downloading new wheels with subscription would also be a good idea. :smiley:

I wanted to chime in and ask people who own the simucube 2 how the paddock is coming along? Are people readily using it to post up to date profiles for all driving/racing games or does it remain as what many explained to me last year as just okay and more of a starting point where no profiles were that great?

I notice that less times now can I find forum posts with people sharing their builds and settings so I assumed it was more on the paddock now which would be great.

For settings people post, is there a spot for them to add additional details like what the in game settings should be?

Guess all decent settings for all the sims were posted already, SC2 Software hasn’t added anything new to warrant profiles updates, we’ve seen some activity after sims like R3E and ACC revisited their FFB, and of course AMS2 that seems nobody can figure out after each new update, but other than that how many different settings for the same set of sims one can expect.

I’ve been using it since release and whenever I needed some profiles they were there.
Of course you have to test it yourself, but mostly the ones with good rating are always great to use right away.

1 Like

Yes when you create a profile for yourself or even if you share it, there are 2 mandatory boxes to fill in, one for any information and the second for in-game information, so if the creator has filled in the box for the game there should be the settings to apply in the (games)

It seems that login with the google login is not working in the system right now. We are investigating.

@Mika any idea what that means? I’m on 2022.5

That means that the SSL communications dll file is somehow not found by your True Drive, or that loading of it is blocked by another software.

Any information about virus scanners etc on your PC?

1 Like

the pic was taken right after a brand new install of win10 and the first boot of td on the new system, I had to reinstall because the pc was having quite a lot of problems lately and I suspect it might have had some viruses or something similar.
I always had just win basic antivirus, never installed another 3rd party sw for that.

i updated win with every update available and even reinstalled td, it still shows Broken.
any help please?