Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

I can confirm, it seems to be happening on my PC as well. I wonder what has changed, it must have been a recent change somewhere, as we did test this after the firmware was rewritten.

As a workaround you can toggle the Enable FFB button in iRacing options: Options, toggle off, OK, Options, FFB on.

I hope this makes it easier to bury the somewhat embarrassing unicorn, that means: ā€œInternet, when will the stable connection comeā€.
It must be sheer luck that you were able to:
Visit 770 days (out of 1200)
View 1100 topics
Read 23900 posts
Recently read for 17 hours

2 Likes

@Mika Iā€™d like to return to 21.9, what does that mean?
Immagine 2021-11-28 222922

On the wiki is a post about how to trigger the downgrade. You need to start true drive with a parameter.

I know how the ā€œoldā€ downgrade worked, but this was in the 21.11 changelog :
" * Firmware update/downgrade to the installed True Drive version is automated without the need to use command line parameters"

Try this. :slight_smile:

Oh ok. I missed this one :frowning:

1 Like

this would presume I need to reinstall 21.11, and make a shortcut of the .exe, but I doubt it will work with the paddock.exe.

Yeah, downgrading to previous versions that do not have the installer, need to run the downgrade via the parameter.

But in the future when there are lots of versions with installer, then running installer + launch will prompt the downgrade to the installed version.

Can you tell us why there is a need to downgrade for you?

Great thanks Mika!
I will likely get another Pro after the new years holidays. :wink:

After you register and have full access you donā€™t necessarily need to connect to the internet again unless doing updates etc?

sure, I wanted to test the new paddock but I find the classic mode way easier to fiddle with. not that paddock is bad per se, i just donā€™t need it.

ok so make the shortcut of the 21.11 paddock.exe and edit that?

Just a quick positive feedback from my side; I have the smoothest driving experience with the 2021.11 release since I started racing with 2020.3.
Thank you

2 Likes

If you register and login to Paddock, then you can have your profiles stored there (in My Profiles view), filter them by simulator, etc. And that of course requires internet connection to work. Each of the profiles you use will get cached and will be able to be accessed in offline mode. However any changes you make in the offline mode will not get synced back to Paddock if you use Paddock again.

You make a shortcut to the True Drive.exe of the version you like to downgrade to - just as it says on the instructions post. so if you want to downgrade to 2020.1, you download 2020.1 and make shortcut to that versionā€™s exe file.

It should be obvious that we couldnā€™t make the improvement to already existing releases of the software.

Next step in improving user experience in this, is to automate the whole process without opening the separate dialog and start button in the dialog.

1 Like

Since changing to 2021.9 Paddock it is really hit or miss if the SC2Pro activates the proper profile or not. In 90% of the cases I start ACC Iā€™m left with a non-high torque motor although it is shown as being in high torque mode. Typically I switch profiles, save again, diable and enable high torque mode and it works out eventually.
From this perspective that is a huge step back from the old classic version, where my profile was just like had wired and worked a charm every time.
Anything I should ook out for?

some of these wrong profile being active -things are fixed in 2021.11 release - there was a timing issue that caused some.

Also, it was possible to enable high torque mode when the system was still booting up and not ready for it, which has also been fixed.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Maybe the best end solution would be a way that you could upload files created or edited offline to paddock?

Unlikely, as there would need to be mechanisms implemented for all kinds of sync conflicts. Our best interest is not implementing such service, we are not experts in it. And majority is already using Paddock anyway.