Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock - Feedback and suggestions

some of these wrong profile being active -things are fixed in 2021.11 release - there was a timing issue that caused some.

Also, it was possible to enable high torque mode when the system was still booting up and not ready for it, which has also been fixed.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Maybe the best end solution would be a way that you could upload files created or edited offline to paddock?

Unlikely, as there would need to be mechanisms implemented for all kinds of sync conflicts. Our best interest is not implementing such service, we are not experts in it. And majority is already using Paddock anyway.

Ok understood, thanks for the reply.

Did the transition to 2021.11 and will se if it works out.
Thanks Mika!

So it wasn’t just my imagination.
The latest version feels really smoother. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi at all, is it possible to set True Drive to run automatically, without having to open it every time? @Mika

Yes it is possible, you must copy its shortcut to the location which Windows uses to launch software. We are planning on adding the same feature to a Windows registry key + checkbox in the software, including a checkbox for launching as tray icon into the software itself.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-app-to-run-automatically-at-startup-in-windows-10-150da165-dcd9-7230-517b-cf3c295d89dd

1 Like

Thank you Mika :v: :v:

2 things i noticed as well:

1. The profile import from classic may have issues. I imported 10 profiles, 7 of them imported ok but 3 were totally off. Did the same process on all of them. Having checked a couple of profiles and saw that these were i ok, i ended up deleting all exported profiles and then realized that not all were ok. So i advise people to double check all imported profiles.

2. With 2021.11 i had a similar situation as DrRob but with DR2. Selected the active profile and going on a 1st race, the wheel feels dampened with lots of friction. Not really like low torque mode. With some alt-tabing or esc and restarting the race seems to be bringing the correct settings. That is weird and didn’t have such issues with the classic.

Thanks for the report. I will investigate. It would help if there was a profile that I could test that would not import correctly.

I noticed the following:
Online profiles
Searching for a specific profile, for a specific simulator I have to specify a type of wheel. It should maybe have “all” to choose because there could be a profile but I have to go through all types of wheels to find out. If so, I would change that into a value “not mandatory” or add a value “all”

I think the very first option (default) in that dropdown menu is a blank item which is the same as All would be.

The first is the Simucube Tahko GT-21 and from there is in alphabetical order :hatching_chick:
As example:
Dirt rally 2.0, car rally, wheel type other: no result
Generic rally wheel 350mm: no result
Generic rally wheel 300mm:
1 result
So if I can choose " all" it will list all profiles and from there it’s ok to refine what wheel, I think

@Mika sorry Mika but as i said unf i was too excited/quick to delete the exported profiles and don’t have them anymore. I doubt If that would help you but one “imported” profile which is absolutely irrelevant with what it originally was looks like that

Actually all 3 ill imported profiles have these same settings.

Yeah, I guess the “all” (or blank) and “other” should in fact mean the same thing in this sense.

1 Like

But it has to be added because “others” doesn’t implements " all". You could do “all+others”…?

1 Like

the 1st entry in the drop down list is an empty string. That is the wild card to not filter for any wheels. Just select the entry above the Tahko wheel.

1 Like

Seems I missed this one. When you open this option right next on top is the Simucube wheel. By reflex one will most likely don’t have the Idea to go 1 up. I check it later, thanks anyway!!

The empty line was selected by default for me when I tried it.