Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

Bro, you trying to help a friend and then I show up like an ass…you helped me before and I didn’t even say thanks for it. So is time to tell you that for me you are one of my absolute favourite in this community and I value your knowledge. And the way you respond makes me speechless, you are a great dude!

When you are in online mode and activate or check a profile you see the number of people that downloaded or used it

Bro, you trying to help a friend and then I show up like an ass…you helped me before and I didn’t even say thanks for it. So is time to tell you that for me you are one of my absolute favourite in this community and I value your knowledge. And the way you respond makes me speechless, you are a great dude!

Thanks @CLAYREGAZZONI ! I always appreciate your feedback and support as well!

1 Like

I am late in this and maybe I have missed something. Apart from the TD settings which each user could share and anyone could easily check, could a user upload for example screenshots of the used sim settings? If not then this would be pointless…

1 Like

Right now there is no place for a screenshot, but the user has a text field where they can note in sim settings and I’ve seen this on a number of profiles already.

There is also a spot for a link to a video, but that has not seen wide use.

@mika, I don’t know what infrastructure would be needed to support a rich text box field in qt, but if they offer it, it could be a nice way for people to just past in screenshots of what they used.

Its a good idea until one looks at the legal environment of hosting any service where users could upload any content they wanted. Possibly, content ID and/or pre-approval would be required. Hosting any forum like this one, is acceptable as we can react to things very quickly, but in a custom online system we would need backend and such to respond…

Well it’s getting complicated and Mika you are right, of course everything should be compliant. Now there are sims that a few lines in a text are enough. But in others like for example AC it would be impossible…

Agree, I wasn’t saying we would let users upload to the central repository, was just looking for more guidance for users wishing to help you finish out the missing photos.

That said, I wonder if there’d be value in letting users override the stock picture.

I’d imagine this could be useful for racing venues with a bunch of sims side by side.
They could customize the images to make it easier for customers - for example with a picture of the specific car the profile is for.

Could be a nice value add - I wouldn’t even bring it up, but It’s one of those things I think could be coded in very little time and could have a nice impact. Definitely not an immediate need.

Another observation, i use triple monitors in surround, and a 4th on top as second monitor.
When i move paddock up to the top monitor, it freezes and needs a restart. This worked without issues with classic version…

Common issue for several people , or just me?

The Paddock uses an OpenGL accelerated internal web browser. It has worked fine for me with many displays, but 4th display on top might be some special case that the browser does not like.

What happens if you move the 4th display to left or right of the other displays, does it still freeze?

I have a 4th monitor and do not have such problem. But I do not use NVidia Surround.

work in progress to ease migration from classic profiles:

5 Likes

That is a “Must have” feature, dont want to lose my saved profiles on Flash memory when installing the new firmware. But It must be an automatic step, just load Flash profiles on Paddock and then delette what is not needed any more

Paddock-mode profiles need to have the correct metadata (games etc) in them, so such automatic step would require a larger number of one-time-use code and weeks lost in developing and testing that. Therefore it will remain manual. On average, Simucube 2 racers have less than 10 profiles anyway.

1 Like

Can you detail this sentence?

If no metadata for any given Game on Paddock/firmware, Will I be able to create a profile for those games myself? or they will be considered “obscure” games too by Paddock software?

No difference, just tested.

It freezes when going into the pull down menu for choosing sim profiles.

When you create a profile into Paddock, you must select a game for that profile before saving the profile. One of the options is “Other” so no games are “obscure” as such.

1 Like

I’m closing this Early Access thread and setting a new one for the feedback and feature requests about the Paddock features / profile management system.

1 Like