Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

2021.7 is ready for testing. Anyone want to have it? :wink:

We re-wrote some parts in the online app this week, and now some routes that should mark activated profile as active in the web application, do not do that, so indicator in True Drive top bar and in the online app can get unsyncronized :frowning: . Minor inconvenience and will be fixed to web application in due timeā€¦

2 Likes

Is it possible to get some newsletter/maillinglist up for this - just refresh every week when the version vor R2 drops. Canā€™t wait to get it to test it out.

Thank you for the hard work!

We will announce it on our social media channels and all news sites. You wonā€™t miss it! Current plan is right after our summer holidays.

Final round of testing is ongoing for 2021.7 with a small issue found, new version is readyā€¦

1 Like

Hi Mika, does 2021.7 include classic td or just paddock?

1 Like

It includes Classic as well. Almost no changes in that. And the offline fallback mode for Paddock is included in the Paddock version.

2 Likes

When i import an online profile using the paddock version, does it write to the simucube chip? since i want to limit the number of writes to the device

Online / Paddock profiles do not use the flash memory. Neither do the Classic profiles unless you click the Save button.

ok thanks for the quick reply (as usual :smile:

2021.7 has been released.
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

8 Likes

Hi Mika,
Is 2021.07 a good upgrade for me to try considering the issues I had when flashing anything above 2020.10
(Rebooting, constant beeping, always initializing, etc)

Let me knowā€¦ If it is I will try it todayā€¦

Thanks!

Hi

As mentioned on youre FB page, i get classic to work fine in both latest updates, but paddock only starts a white window with ā€œnot respondingā€ message.
Ive tried to run the program in compatibility mode, but no change. Ive also tried shutting off firewall protection, no change.

Any suggestions on what to try?

7months old computer only used for sim racing, high end specs, windows 10 pro.

Mika is enjoying mid-summer break in Tampere. He will reply back once heā€™s available.

Cheers,
Beano

I tested the paddock mode, which I think is basically good, but the handling is very strange.

You load a profile, you can edit it, but I canā€™t save it locally. Conclusion, each time you have to go back into the profile to activate the change.

Paddock Verision completely closed and the Classic variant opened, I get an information that a profile is still open in Paddock mode. How come ?

Conclusion: the handling is cumbersome

I would like to save the paddock profile locally under a name of my choice and continue to use it. That might work somehow, but itā€™s self-explanatory unfortunately not for me.

Iā€™m still not operational with 2021.7, I emailed Marko with the details. same problems as before only difference really is getting wheel torque with high mode off and none with it on. zero steering angle input.

Donā€™t have access to paddock. Maybe it works like the normal way. Copy it and then save. Maybe this works

This is correct. True Drive Paddock is our new profile management system. Profiles are saved in the ā€œMy profilesā€ view in the cloud, and not locally at all. However the 2021.7 version now caches all profiles that youā€™ve used, so if online access is not possible, you can still use them in a limited manner.

Because the Paddock profile is a slightly different format, and the Classic software (which uses the old profile format) does not know how to use it. We are removing the Classic profiles mode completely soon.

It can be, if you try to use both modes, which is not how it is supposed to be used. We implemented this support for both in the firmware for this time period where people would like to use either system or when the Paddock was still in beta / early access / launch phase.

Thanks Mika for the explanation. I really wanted to use both variants, i.e. Paddock and Classic.
With Paddock I wanted to download a profile of another user and, if I like it, use it in Classic.

This is apparently not the intended use.

Somehow i like the Classic variant very much, maybe I just have to work only with the paddock in the future.

1 Like

When will ingett access to Paddock? I have SC 2 pro v2

1 Like

Hi Mika,

I was wondering how I can view my profilesettings? Iā€™ve updated TD to 2021.7 with the Paddock, have classic profile showing on top of the TD window, but I canā€™t view my current settings? I can add a profile but I was expecting there would already be one, the original one I once set (before Paddock was even a thing).

Offline mode also doesnā€™t show my current settings. And before Iā€™m off trying different online profiles I would like to review my current one, in case I want to switch back or manually adjust it.

Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile: