Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

I do not think I actually changed anything that matters.

Yes. There is a text field for any sim settings. But having a service where users would upload pictures fall under some regulations where we would have to have content filters and active moderation. :thinking:

This is a very strange issue and unexpected. There are no changes that should be able to be cause any effects like this. Do you see any fault codes in the True Drive application at any point?

i have been testing your profile, in Iracing max force set to 13nm to match Truedrive, and in game GT3 set to 35NM. The wheelbase is beeping and almost clipping on kerb strikes etc. You usually use it like this?

Thats the wrong way to use it. I have it at around 30-32 Nm in iRacing.

1 Like

Ive always been told the max force in iracing should match the max force set in trudrive. So in your case its 13nm. Then the blackbox FFB is set per car, so around 30-40nm

Thats only if one wishes to use the automatic FFB strength adjustment in game. I do not use it, it does not work very well.

Ok now im totally confused. Can you please link a screenshot of your iracing ingame settings please.

Max force does not matter. I have the strength slider at 30-32 Nm.

Yes, I commented in a confusing way above.

I just tested resetting password (in several different times/days) and the link arrived to my email after some seconds each time. Which email provider do you use?

1 Like

thanks Mika for testing it. I use @virgilio.it, an italian provider. Should I try with a different mail, and if so is there a way to change the login credentials?

It does not appear to be possible to change the login email address as of right now. I will discus if that can be added. Its a feature of the third party login service provider, we’ll need to figure out what options there are.

1 Like

no, nothing.
only after true drive launches and the beeping starts do i see the “waiting for faults to clear release e stop” and the wheel base begins to disconnect then connect.
how would i go about getting some additional support. i am getting more concerned about the issue as time goes on considering i cant update.
the base was bought about a year ago from simracingbay. they dont seem to be a partner of granite devices anymore. not really sure how to proceed. any ideas?
i can try to do the upgrade again a 3rd time and send a video if it will help.
any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Interesting. You can downgrade to 2020.10 to test if this is somehow related to any changes we’ve made during the last few months. Constant beeping could also be caused by misbehaving e-stop button signal.

I currently am on 2020.10 it is the only firmware I know for certain works with no issue.
when I upgrade to “Simucube 2 True Drive 2021.5_with_Paddock_Early_Access” the issue happens
there was also a version I tried around December 2020 - Jan 2021 that I tried and it behaved the same way with constant disconnects and beeping so I reverted back to 2020.10

Unfortunately, I don’t remember the version number I tried in January

i can confirm that on 2020.10 the e stop button works as expected.
I will flash “Simucube 2 True Drive 2021.5_with_Paddock_Early_Access” again and see if disconnecting the e stop temporarily resolves the issue.

Is there anything else you suggest aside from e stop that might let me use these newer versions?
Is there a log i can provide you?

Thanks in advance,

Sorry for double posting but I tried a few things and I think you might be correct about the misbehaving e stop. I reflashed “Simucube 2 True Drive 2021.5_with_Paddock_Early_Access”
Once again the motor began to beep and constantly disconnect.
I then flashed back to 2020.10
On this firmware everything behaved as expected.
I then flashed back to "Simucube 2 True Drive 2021.5_with_Paddock_Early_Access with e stop disconnected from the motor.
Once done I launched the new version of TD and the motor stayed initializing until I connected e stop back.
When I connected e stop back is when beeping started again
When I pushed e stop in beeping stopped.
However, it still cannot detect the position of my cube controls wheel it keeps flashing “0.00 and ???”

is there a firmware I need to flash for the e stop or does it need to be replaced?
thanks in advance

If it works as expected on 2020.10, then it is a software issue. But, we haven’t yet figured out what it is exactly. There is no separate firmware for e-stop button or anything like that…

Ok is there any log I can provide you?..it seems like its not too common of an issue if i am the only one reporting it so far. I don’t want to be left behind lol…kind of scary to think i haven’t been able to update in over 5 releases.

anything that I can help with just let me know! :slight_smile:

I’m still running 2020.7 happily…

Don’t get me wrong 2020.10 isn’t bad but I would like to try out these online profiles.
It could save me a lot of time trying to figure out a starting ground for new titles if someone else has already done some of the legwork. Plus being on a particular firmware by choice is a bit different from being stuck on one because of a bug.