Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

That would require a significant effort on the web application side to make profiles, to ask “which simulator is this profile for” and such questions - all for just one-time process.

Crash at importing is a known issue as described above, and it is being worked on.

1 Like

np, I’ve sorted most of the sims.
It is a good way to refresh them in any case :wink:

• Tray icon handling issues should be fixed now
  • Unsure if window size handling is working yet, need to test that. It is possible that is only saved when closing from the tray icon right click menu. I’m not sure if that is the correct place to do it.
  • Profile importing does not crash anymore for me, but unsure if it is a permanent fix.
  • Paddock mode does not download profile data from device, except for the online profile. Due to this, the Steering angle is being tracked in Paddock mode now with 900 degree angle assumed, if the web app has not yet sent any profile to the device. It is not a pretty spot in code how it is now.

Next release with these fixes will be published soon after the weekend.

1 Like

visual bug. when switching profiles the previous profile is still highlighted. But only when using the filter.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, fix will be deployed to the web app.

Firmware release 2021.5 is out.

Changes and fixes - general

• Adjusted servo drive tuning to fix rare device reboot issues for some units happening since 2021.1 release.
  • Switched to 64bit compiler for True Drive. Note that you might need to download 64bit version of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 redistributable package.

Changes and fixes - True Drive Paddock

• Fix crash when clicking save -button on the hardware tab in Paddock mode.
  • Fix some random crashes
  • Fix Paddock mode application always crashing on exit.
  • Change the steering angle in Paddock mode to track with assumed 900 degree steering angle if the online application has not yet sent any active profile to the device. Also the buttons and analog axises keep tracking in Paddock mode.
  • Fix application crash when exiting via tray icon.
  • Fix the tray icon options to work with also the paddock application.
4 Likes

thanks Mika, importing classic profiles is now working great .

With the new 2021.5 paddock, when the trudrive loads the active profile is either blank or not correct profile until click on paddock and select correct online profile. Also when using tray minimized option when close the trudrive and reopen from task bar the paddock screen is blank blue and must fully exit the software and reopen to see the screen. Also the feedback option in the software is not working keeps saying failed to send feedback data, try again later.

1 Like

Correct. The online widget does send a profile only after clicking “my profiles”. This will be fixed in two ways:

• it sends the active profile immediately upon load to the pc application
  • pc application downloads the online profile from the device (this currently never happens)
  • there will be a way to set a default profile that gets saved to the device.

However, some of the syncing will only be correct once we remove all the classic mode profile stuff from the device so that there really is only one profile there.

I could not repeat this issue, but will keep trying.

Thanks for the report. It seems that correct versions of the OpenSSL libraries were not packaged. Will be fixed for next version.

The issue for the blank paddock screen only seems to happen when minimize the app via the X button, not by the minimize button

in 2021.5 - classic mode - telemetry doesn’t work, the “consent” button can’t be selected as it is greyed out and “Broken” is written instead of the last upload date.
another thing, the degrees of rotation can’t be manually changed by tipying any number, but it only works using the up/down arrows.

yes, same reason as the feedback dialog not working - incorrect OpenSSL library loaded.

Strange, I will try to repeat this.

My Telemetry still says Enabled with rejected consent. Already reported this for the previous version.

Thanks for reminding me.

I just analyzed the issue, and the fault is a difference in how MinGW and MSVC compilers handle signal connections in Qt framework. For all intents and purposes they should behave the same way, but somehow the signal that propagates the real indication to the UI text label wasn’t going through as that part of code used an “old” style of Qt’s connect() syntax. I’ve now tested that when I changed that syntax to the current Qt style, the signal is working as it should, and the indication does show in the UI.

Will be included in the next release, as well as offline profile caching functionality.

1 Like

Hi !

I have cloned an online profile and I would like to delete it but I can’t find the button or the function. Did I miss something?

Thanks

Go to my profiles -> hover mouse over the profile -> click the eye icon to view -> buttons for deletion etc. should appear near the top.

1 Like

Exciting times, lots of small changes and fixes coming up in the online application, and the offline backup mode is 100% ready.

2 Likes

i think i need some help i have a simucube pro 2 r1 (the 1 with 2 power bricks).
whenever i download these new releases and try to update the firmware of my unit, it says it flashes successfully but upon launching TD my base seems to connect and disconnect beeping like crazy and the wheel position never loads.
additionally, it says " waiting for faults to clear release e stop" even though my e stop is released.
also, menu items go from being available to cleared out.

i had initially tried a newer version months ago and the same thing happened as the current new version with paddock early access

can someone please help me i feel like I’m stuck on version 2020.10

I have a question, the feedback experience is a combination of SC2 settings with the sim application settings. The paddock is taking care of SC2, but what about the selected profile related sim application settings?
Should the paddock not have the possibility to store and share screenshots of the sim application related to a profile?

3 Likes

Hi @Mika

I am using your iracing profile and I have an update dated June 4th. It would be nice to put a changelog (or a diff) between the current conf and the new one to know easily the changes.