Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

The Paddock uses an OpenGL accelerated internal web browser. It has worked fine for me with many displays, but 4th display on top might be some special case that the browser does not like.

What happens if you move the 4th display to left or right of the other displays, does it still freeze?

I have a 4th monitor and do not have such problem. But I do not use NVidia Surround.

work in progress to ease migration from classic profiles:

5 Likes

That is a ā€œMust haveā€ feature, dont want to lose my saved profiles on Flash memory when installing the new firmware. But It must be an automatic step, just load Flash profiles on Paddock and then delette what is not needed any more

Paddock-mode profiles need to have the correct metadata (games etc) in them, so such automatic step would require a larger number of one-time-use code and weeks lost in developing and testing that. Therefore it will remain manual. On average, Simucube 2 racers have less than 10 profiles anyway.

1 Like

Can you detail this sentence?

If no metadata for any given Game on Paddock/firmware, Will I be able to create a profile for those games myself? or they will be considered ā€œobscureā€ games too by Paddock software?

No difference, just tested.

It freezes when going into the pull down menu for choosing sim profiles.

When you create a profile into Paddock, you must select a game for that profile before saving the profile. One of the options is ā€œOtherā€ so no games are ā€œobscureā€ as such.

1 Like

Iā€™m closing this Early Access thread and setting a new one for the feedback and feature requests about the Paddock features / profile management system.

1 Like