Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

Agree, something that even users that can’t make own profiles can understand. :rofl:

Such table is great for web but not the best solution. When the app is not meant to be full screen, and the ratings should be shown in a “tile” in the online profiles view, one must be minimalistic to avoid unneccessary UI bloat.

But good feedback all in all. Every idea will be taken into account.

Thanks @Mika!

As an aside, I don’t think Amazon lists this in search results, it’s on the product details page.
I’d assume something similar would be the path for something like paddock - display stars on the ‘card view’ and then have the detail visible when the user clicks the card.

• Jack
2 Likes

One more suggestion/request:

• Have a single button that clones/duplicates an online profile to ‘my profiles’ and places it in edit mode in one step

Right now I have to find a public profile then:

1. Add it to my profile
  2. Duplicate it
  3. Delete the original
  4. Edit my copy

:checkered_flag:

2 Likes

Is maybe too much work and will be solved with the next update anyway, but if not:
Avoid stuff which has filters as activated not even supported in the simgame. This is a sign of incompetence or not paying attention.
Profiles which having signs of clear logical faults. Like full torque plus full dampening plus fine-tuning to maximim.
No profiles without some basic in-game informations and hardware oversight.
Could be nice to get information on the publishers skills. In F1 there are rankings and experience levels. In WRC are driver cards which one can download and get detailed information on skills.
Profiles dealing with center frequency, q factor should be handled with care. As I understand the status quo is that this can interfere with almost everything and results can be quite “surprisingly”

2 Likes

Sorry mate, but don’t we have some really basic stuff to deal with? Don’t get me wrong, is a lot of “nice to have” we could list. I just think that we, as consumers, shouldn’t behave like:
Thanks for the beverage. Why didn’t you open it up and placed it, together with a appropriate glass, right in front of me? Some ice would be nice aswell!

You know what, you’re probably right -

I try to throw out ideas as I see them - Mika’s always free to discard and prioritize as he sees fit.

This one came up when I was helping my friend get started with True Drive Paddock on his sport.
He didn’t understand that the profiles were read only.

I showed him how to duplicate and then edit - Now he’s doing it like a champ and said he really loves the paddock features.

So yeah the idea of a clone and edit in one step is likely unneeded.

Would it be possible to have some kind of rating like Tradingpaints is doing?
There you can sort by paint driven / used?

But I have no knowledge if you can access or have the data what profile people are using.

I think similar way of thumbs up as Facebook, where you can somehow see who has recommended the profile would be nice.

As I know I have similar taste in FFB as user X I can choose certain profile over another even if the “score” is lower if that user X recommends it.

But to answer your question, some GD batch on the profile would be better.

Based on another thread I created, I would appreciate it if you could also provide some information about the wheel used to create the preset.
Because some torque settings don’t work so well with smaller wheels.

What could also be an improvement is some kind of “pro” rider. For example, profiles created by professional riders or racing companies.

The idea behind this is that I don’t know how a real Porsche GT3 feels, for example, and drivers who race it in real life could replicate that much better.

Bro, you trying to help a friend and then I show up like an ass…you helped me before and I didn’t even say thanks for it. So is time to tell you that for me you are one of my absolute favourite in this community and I value your knowledge. And the way you respond makes me speechless, you are a great dude!

When you are in online mode and activate or check a profile you see the number of people that downloaded or used it

Bro, you trying to help a friend and then I show up like an ass…you helped me before and I didn’t even say thanks for it. So is time to tell you that for me you are one of my absolute favourite in this community and I value your knowledge. And the way you respond makes me speechless, you are a great dude!

Thanks @CLAYREGAZZONI ! I always appreciate your feedback and support as well!

1 Like

I am late in this and maybe I have missed something. Apart from the TD settings which each user could share and anyone could easily check, could a user upload for example screenshots of the used sim settings? If not then this would be pointless…

1 Like

Right now there is no place for a screenshot, but the user has a text field where they can note in sim settings and I’ve seen this on a number of profiles already.

There is also a spot for a link to a video, but that has not seen wide use.

@mika, I don’t know what infrastructure would be needed to support a rich text box field in qt, but if they offer it, it could be a nice way for people to just past in screenshots of what they used.

Its a good idea until one looks at the legal environment of hosting any service where users could upload any content they wanted. Possibly, content ID and/or pre-approval would be required. Hosting any forum like this one, is acceptable as we can react to things very quickly, but in a custom online system we would need backend and such to respond…

Well it’s getting complicated and Mika you are right, of course everything should be compliant. Now there are sims that a few lines in a text are enough. But in others like for example AC it would be impossible…

Agree, I wasn’t saying we would let users upload to the central repository, was just looking for more guidance for users wishing to help you finish out the missing photos.

That said, I wonder if there’d be value in letting users override the stock picture.

I’d imagine this could be useful for racing venues with a bunch of sims side by side.
They could customize the images to make it easier for customers - for example with a picture of the specific car the profile is for.

Could be a nice value add - I wouldn’t even bring it up, but It’s one of those things I think could be coded in very little time and could have a nice impact. Definitely not an immediate need.

Another observation, i use triple monitors in surround, and a 4th on top as second monitor.
When i move paddock up to the top monitor, it freezes and needs a restart. This worked without issues with classic version…

Common issue for several people , or just me?