Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock Early Access

We are pushing some new features and fixes to the web application today. There is a button that sets a default profile to the device, but that needs a True Drive implementation as well, and will work correctly in the next True Drive release.

1 Like

2021.5 Didn’t work at all for me a couple weeks ago. Tried 2021.4_4 and worked fine for a few days. Came back after a vacation and 2021.4_4 is stuck again on waiting for drive, estop not showing any changes, no steering angle shown in app or in iracing. Profiles section is dead, clicking on anything does nothing.

Should I downgrade even lower?

I’ve been running 2021.5 since May 26th with zero issues, especially ones like that, could it be possible that the issue is the software environment on your own pc?

If 2020.10 doesn’t work, it’s system issue.

2020.10 wont work saying firmware is too new for that version.

dunno if its software environment, its a dedicated iracing pc…just has what’s on it to play. Worked fine on 2021.4_4 until I went on vacation and powered everything off.

You need to downgrade the firmware by following the instructions:

Good afternoon Mika / team,

I just wanted to point out that it starts getting really annoying for R2 owners not being able to get on board. Unless you haven’t noticed, we paid also to buy your product. It is already summer! Secondly, i am also still on 2020.10, since it is THE ONLY STABLE (!!!). Really??? I feel like having top notch hardware but it is useless, since nobody has managed to produce reliable, widely compatible and up to date flexible software / settings. It is really sad to admit that my previous v2.5 was working flawlessly with out having to engage in settings / profiles AT ALL, in ALL games. Since you are producing such a top notch hardware which is capable of distinguishing settings / feeling per car per game, you have to do something more efficient in order to get the job done.

That’s all for me and good luck!

BR
G

Feedback noted.

Our current plan is to have R2 owners also onboard starting next month, after our summer holidays. Mainly this is due to the fact that there has been many ongoing small problems with the Paddock mode, and also missing features, but things are getting better and more stable, and we will release 2021.7 this week where the some of the issues have been solved and important new feature have been added, such as setting a default profile to the device and the offline fallback mode for those that do not always have Internet access.

Regarding stability:

Only instability that we know about, has been the ongoing investigation why some servo drive improvements made after 2020.10 release have caused unwanted side effects causing device reboots and non-tracking E-stop buttons causing device not to start, for SOME users. But we also fixed a rather dangerous startup issue with Simucube 2 Ultimate after 2020.10 release, which affected a very small amount of Ultimate owners. This is the main reason why we haven’t returned back to the same servo drive firmware that was included in 2020.10. Our servo drive engineers have been working on another project for the last couple of months, which is not an ideal situation and we are working on improving it.

Other minor inconvenience is the profile settings dialog in Classic mode jumping around when trying to change steering angle, but there is a workaround AND the issue does not seem to happen within our own code but in the UI framework code AND we will remove the classic mode soon, so its not productive work to do fix.

1 Like

Hi Granite family! Afaik you really earned this holiday. Think you all worked very hard and will again after this break. Looking forward to the paddock acces… Drove WRC9 stages at 100% difficulty without assistances. The sport is sorry (fucking crazy awesome)!! Step by step I’m learning more about filters. What I experienced in terms of feedback of the different surfaces, how smooth and realistic a change is (fe slow puncture or loosing hydraulic oil) ist, for me, almost unbeleveable!! Your devices are top. Use BJ pedals, shifter and handbrake. They go along extremely good with the sport. So, stop working day and night and enjoy your holidays. Forbidden to touch everything connected to work, should be clear!! Stay safe and healthy
Roland

I spent some time to fix the dialog still. I had a feeling that it is somehow related to the number input (spinbox) style causing a widget size recalculation.

So I removed the steering angle number box, and replaced it with a slider

It turns out that depending on the resolution/size of the dialog, one could not adjust the steering range with the wanted 1 degree accuracy, neither by moving the mouse nor keyboard. AND the keyboard focus seems to move to the next slider (bumpstop angle adjustment) automatically very very quickly for some reason…

So not a good solution.

So, something is causing the shifting focus in the dialog… just can’t get my head around what it is! :smiley:

2 Likes

Found the culprit, finally. It was the widget always keeping the steering angle set by game -label hidden. If it was already hidden, that still caused a widget resize somehow.

5 Likes

Thanks @Mika
We want a perfect final release for old True Drive, all will be happy

4 Likes

2021.7 is ready for testing. Anyone want to have it? :wink:

We re-wrote some parts in the online app this week, and now some routes that should mark activated profile as active in the web application, do not do that, so indicator in True Drive top bar and in the online app can get unsyncronized :frowning: . Minor inconvenience and will be fixed to web application in due time…

2 Likes

Is it possible to get some newsletter/maillinglist up for this - just refresh every week when the version vor R2 drops. Can’t wait to get it to test it out.

Thank you for the hard work!

We will announce it on our social media channels and all news sites. You won’t miss it! Current plan is right after our summer holidays.

Final round of testing is ongoing for 2021.7 with a small issue found, new version is ready…

1 Like

Hi Mika, does 2021.7 include classic td or just paddock?

1 Like

It includes Classic as well. Almost no changes in that. And the offline fallback mode for Paddock is included in the Paddock version.

2 Likes

When i import an online profile using the paddock version, does it write to the simucube chip? since i want to limit the number of writes to the device

Online / Paddock profiles do not use the flash memory. Neither do the Classic profiles unless you click the Save button.