Simucube 2 SQR Extension

For the moment, I think I reached the minimum distance needed between shaft and steering wheel…SRM 70mm adapter + HRS Xero Play qr…and yes, I must say ffb is quite clear and direct :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I just installed my SC2 on my rig and using the 100mm sim lab extension. Do you guys this is ok for the bearings of the motor? I don’t want to have the wheel too close to the monitor.image

1 Like

The picture doesn’t seem to have uploaded but I can say that you won’t be the first person to have used a 100mm hub extension.

I’ve seen a few people using them (and longer) with no issues or complaints of wear to the bearings.

1 Like

I’m using these on both my rims with no problems at all :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m looking for an extension that connect directly at the base. I need to push back the pin insertion point so I can mount a DDU.

How about something like the SRM adapter and a QR that doesn’t use the pin, as shown in the pics from @SuperMonaco_GP a few post up. Not cheap but it should give you the required space.

His looks like a SC1. I found a work around by sanding the plastic knob on pin nearly completely away.

1 Like

Ingenious and a far cheaper solution. Nice one :+1:

that’s actually a sc2 sport with hrs xero play qr…

Is there an extension that fits on the motor side using the SQR. I don’t want to change that but I also don’t want to put extensions on every wheel I own.

I am wondering the same, I just want to add a 3-4" extension so the front mount doesn’t line up perfect with my knees. I see most of these guys just a SQR on both sides of the extension shaft but that seems unnecessarily expensive.

Probably not unless you use Ascher adapter and 3rd party QR like Buchfink Q1R or Xero-Play.
Extra expense but cleaner and less bulky on a wheel side.

1 Like

Check this thread: How do I attach steering wheelspacer to sc2?

I ended up buying two SQR 70 mm adapters and only 1 steering wheel extension. And I can still use the stock SC QR.

1 Like

That’s exactly my problem. Especially with the dash mounted to it.

That’s exactly the same extension I have. I just ordered the 70mm adapters. I don’t know why more thought wasn’t put into making it easy to use common items like extensions. I really like the simplicity of the SQR but the need for all these adapters is a pita and just adds cost for no reason.

1 Like

And the extension in use is this one. It’s 4" and quite cheaper than one from sim-lab, the quality is top notch.

2 Likes

I bought the sim lab one back when I bought my rig just in case I needed it. But that does look like a nice piece especially for the money.

I have the 3" version I use for my Rally and oval rim works great .

1 Like

For anybody looking to put the extension on the motor Martin will drill his adapters for you so it works like it should. :smile:

Just recieved an email yesterday from Simon @ Simracing machines. He know has adapters on stock that make wheelbase extenson with reuse of SQR possible. You need 2 adapters for this. I orderd2 and will keep you updated on my experiances.
https://www.simracingmachines.com/webshop/srm-qr-adapter-for-sc2-wheel-base