Simucube 2 release 2020.3 grainy feel issue

Maybe people just overwrite the old files and this thing happens?! Luckily, ive no problems with the new version, after puting the files in the Zip to their own folder and starting the new Software.

nope. every new TD version, I deleted the old TD app and folder entirely, then i unpack the new version’s folder to my desktop.

@Matthias The firmware is bundled inside the True Drive.exe file, so what you are suggesting is just not possible.

Ok, hm… Hopefully you’ll find the bug.

I did this too & the downgrade worked with no added grainy stuff.

However I have today installed the 2020.3 AGAIN & this second time the grainy did NOT appear…
I have no doubt I had the issue the first time I upgraded.

Can anybody confirm if this happens to them as well?
That on second time upgrade the issue is not there any more?

Only if you’re willing to try to upgrade to 2020.3 again, of course.

Thanks

I tried to update again today but grainy feel is back again.

@Mika: Do you have any news if you got the problem recognized and more important if you can provide a solution?

Its been easter holidays here, with no news unfortunately as I do not find the issue with my own rig at home.

Hey Revan,

It’s been a while since I had it, as I remember it the grainy was there no matter upping the recon filter.
What I don’t remember is which Sim and car I was using, please provide as much info as you can. I would like to try and reproduce the issue again somehow…

Thanks!

No problem, enjoy your holiday :slight_smile:
Was just asking.

@kledsen
I have grainy feel just when i`m at the desktop with TD open and High Torque Mode activated.

Ok, does it go away in the Sims? So normal there?
Also, is SteamVR running?
Do you see any direct input bubbles active?
That combo was reported by Andrew_Wot some posts ago. I’m not sure it would create any grainy bc of that or not.

Did not tried in in Sim. SteamVR was running.
Direct Input effects are disabled in my profiles.
Tried to reset FFB state with no success

Ok, thank you, is it grainy at the whole range when turning the wheel?

Wondering if it’s related to particular OS version patch or MFC library. Could be easy to test by just connecting affected unit to different PC.

Unlikely, the OS does not know anything about what happens inside the device…

I was thinking of a driver.
Why don’t you try remote session with the client?

Simucube products use the default Microsoft driver.

One cannot feel axis torque ripple remotely…

I know that, but things got broken with that one in the past after MS updates.
And guess customer can provide some feedback during session.
My understanding that your investigation just stuck at the moment.

Its a bit stuck, yes, as we are working remotely and limited access to test setups. But we have a few ideas to try soon.

And, of course there is other developments coming up.

Revan,

Does the grainy become more/less pronounced if you change the torque force nm in TrueDrive, so it’s the exact same no matter if it’s a the lowest & the highest?
Or is it the same grainy no matter?

Can’t say, i`m training for the 24h Nürburgring and i’m back at 2020.1

No time for beta testing between work, house work and a bit iracing now and then

Mika,

I have just reproduced the issue as reported here:

And

But there seems to be 2 different issues, or at least degrees of severity/outcomes:

1. As the above posts. This is the “light” issue. You don’t feel it when driving, but it does produce light vibration along with the resonance noise.
    It happens as a combination of:
  • Some of the “other filters” are active (& it can be toned down by adding some “intertia” filter).

• Rotational speed of the wheel.

I can actually reproduce it on 2020.1, with the same settings, but on 2020.1 it takes a slightly higher rotational speed than in 2020.3, where it is obvious starting at a lower rotational speed.

1. What people report when they upgrade to 2020.3 and report a “grainy” feel. This one is what I had when first upgrading & it went away after downgrading & upgrading. I have not been able to reproduce. This is not “just” minor added noise & resonance vibrations. Driving felt like some noise was added in as forces were applied & it made sounds like if I was running with “too low” recon, no matter what recon I ran it at.

Maybe the 2 issues stem from the same underlying issue, but magnified for some reason when #2 happens. I would not know.

If you need any testing done feel free to let me know.
Happy to be of help if it’s useful.