Simucube 2 release 2020.3 grainy feel issue

I’ve split the issue to separate topic from the downgrade instructions thread.

We are planning on a session at the office tomorrow where we will test a few motors back-to-back to try to repeat the issue and find a cause.

5 Likes

Can this downgrade procedure be used to switch back to any version of TD or is it specifically only to go from 2020.3 to 2020.1?

I think the downgrade command line switch was implemented in 1.0.13.

Thanks for the confirmation, Mika :+1:

We have managed to hear this issue ourselves now, but the feeling really was not different on the steering wheel rim. Also, the same issue can also happen in servo firmware 1.8.12 (2020.1 release) if the parameters are right.

1 Like

Good work.
Does that mean it can be heard on all servo’s, or are there certain restrictions where only certain models and/or batches are affected?

Fyi: I haven’t had any problems with mine, Pro from the 1st batch.

I cannot hear nor feel at at home at all, and in our office rig we got the difference between 2020.1 and 2020.3 audible only with some particular settings, that enabled us to narrow down the source of the issue.

But neither cases was there any vibration on the steering wheel rim. We used as light rim as possible without any button plate.

I had that feeling just after upgrading firmware using skip barber, just on boxes without the car running on track i started feeling like if friction or something. Downgrading solved the problem. Until i checked forum and see more people feeling it i tought it was placebo.

Issue has been fixed in 2020.4.

2 Likes