Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

I can do some testing on my Pro

No more annoying beeping, Cheers!

1 Like

mine still has all the startup and HT enabling beepsā€¦ even though I disabled the adible notifications in the previous TD version alreadyā€¦

That is on my list to investigate next; however the audible notification will only concern the startup beep and the wireless wheel beeps, and not the safety notification beeps.

1 Like

great. Although the HT mode beeps are the most annoying because theyā€™re so loud. That was supposed to be decreased 1 or 2 versions ago but apparantely didnā€™t work out like intended. I really hope you can still do something about that too in the near future.

Noise inside the motor right now after update to latest firmware :frowning:

Update: Noise when stand or not drive. While drive it seems the wheel become more quiet :slight_smile: Only sometimes, in very rarely wheel movements i have this strange noise

i have a grainy/rubbery type feel to my Pro now :pensive:

Maybe this is good and you need setup your car and wheel again? Maybeā€¦

I have the same problem so it would surprise me that it comes from the car setup ā€¦

i have that same type of noise if i listen closely to it! along with my weird feeling in the wheel :frowning:

well iā€™m in iRacing and youā€™re in ACC so it canā€™t be the settings in TD that are wrong as i havenā€™t changed mineā€¦ iā€™ve now just got this added horrible feel to my wheel i canā€™t get rid of :frowning:

hereā€™s a video of mine it does create a sound too which is quite difficult to pick up on an iPhone, but really having regrets on updatingā€¦ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dw7lzHfG3g1dbrFmV2HXLPK4CoNO8EKE/view?usp=sharing

Can you please try to evaluate which particular setting does that? We and none of the testers had any issues.

For example, turn each filter to 0 and try to evaluate if that is the problem. Report back if any particular filter does it.

why should we be doing GDā€™s work ā€¦ā€¦ updates should improve device not make it worse ā€¦. want to go back to earlier version ā€¦ā€¦ with no issues

I just tested and couldnā€™t repeat any strange issue with any of the filters - perhaps this does not affect all units somehow.

iv a pro from very first batch , only had one issue with update till now that was a slight vibration in ACC due to game devs ā€¦ this grainy feel is awful

I am pretty sure FW update enabled back Resonance reduction, try to turn it off, itā€™s actually causing more noise.

1 Like

For you guys with noise does the wheel shaft shudder a bit as well? I get a bit of noise with a shudder if desktop spring is set in TD and it is off center by about 20 deg. Happens every few seconds as it seems try to center itself but doesnā€™t quite have the strength.

Yes, the slight shudder with just the desktop centering spring is due to the device telemetry processing inside the device and it will not be active when driving FFB-enabled simulators.

I never really understood what noise reduction doesā€¦I tried to enable it but didnā€™t fell much differenceā€¦is it related to some specific wheels (simulaje maybe)?