Simucube 2 Profile Online Early Access

I’d like to suggest that you guys standardize the “strength” of the profiles base on the wheel base. I think it would be much better to use the raw NM value instead of a percentage. For example, I run an SC2 ultimate. When I download a profile made on an SC2 Pro and it’s set to 80% my ultimate also gets set to 80%, this is obviously a different NM than the pro (~20NM for pro vs ~25NM for Ultimate). As a result, I either need to copy the profile and modify it or run at a different strength than intended. IMO not using the raw NM sort of invalidates any in-game settings that the profile creator specified, since the wheel strengths are not the same.

That all being said, you still have an issue when someone’s profile uses more NM than another persons, but you can at least clip that value to the wheel max.

6 Likes

How to save my profiles to online server? Can’t find button

I’d actually suggest strength isn’t carried over.

Strength is really aligned with in-game settings. And TD doesn’t change those.

Personally I think strength should be set at game level - and not be part of the profile.

It’s just waiting for an accident to happen when someone has their in-game strength set to high but usually has their profile to low … and then downloads a profile that’s set to high … injuries etc

I think it might depend on the game? I mostly play iRacing and I cannot dial down the strength so it is always at an acceptable level. Roughly speaking iRacing request a percentage of your wheels power. I can change how it decides what percentage to request using the max force slider, but the game can still spike to request 100%. The only way to dial my wheel down so 100% spikes are never more than, say, 15Nm is to turn down the strength of my wheelbase.

I do agree with your point to an extent though, I wish games were more consistent about how they work with the FFB, but from what I’ve experiences and seen it doesn’t seem to be a standard.

As far as profiles changing things… I think that’s the risk you run whenever you change a profile or load someone else. To be fair, the new software provides a notes section for in-game settings too, if I just blindly copy them into the game I can have the same issue.

Edit: It just dawned on me that perhaps you’re saying strength should still exists in true drive… but not as an individual profile setting, but as an overall adjust for all profiles of that game? That’s an interesting idea…

Yes, this.

Strength is really irrelevant when it comes to a profile… and people have wildly different settings for it based on their own strength and wheel size. It could perhaps be suggested by the online profile, but not overwrite it.

Possibly the same for steering angle too - it’s too tied up with the game settings.

I realise you should be checking things over when downloading a profile, but I’d also err on the side of caution. Plus, this is meant to be attractive for new comers etc

Yeah, the idea of a global strength setting per game (perhaps with the ability to override in a profile if you want) would be interesting and could make sense.

Just had a quick go with the new online Profile, And I like it, very intuitive and easy to use.

My only minor gripe, I downloaded a profile and used it, but could not Adjust the wheel strength in TD, Got round it by making my own profile to match with the adjusted setting. A live setting here would be less long winded.

Great stuff, Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

J

Can you describe this a bit more? You added the profile into your own profiles, then edited and click “Edit FFB” button and it wouldn’t change the strength there?

I downloaded the SC2 profile early access file, ran the file and the file appeared to load. Unfortunately, I didn’t realise this version wasn’t generally released. So, I’m not able to open this version.

My question is, how do I revert to version 2020.10 as get the following message when double the 2020.10 application:

You should be able to use the _Classic.exe version just fine. Except for a slight change regarding detecting an Online Profile being in use that broke the compatibility, it is exactly the same as 2020.10.

@Mika

Many thanks for your reply.

When I open the _Classic.exe version I get the following screen and I am not able to reset the wheel position. Is this now correct and am I able to use the pro 2?

Hmm, that is unexpected. You can downgrade the firmware and software using the instructions here:

but please save the profiles_autobackup.ini file as downgrading will reset all settings back to default and deletes your profiles.

1 Like

@Mika

Many thanks again.

I’ll give this a go.

At the second look, you might have the _online app running as a tray icon shortcut, and that definitively doesn’t work correctly and thus launching the classic exe will show non-functional online version too. You’ll just need to shut down the online from the tray also.

Hi Mika,

If I download someone else’s Online Profile, in this case “RF2 Baseline”, Add it to mine, Activate it, Their version is Locked, with no “edit ffb” option Available.

It’s no biggie, My work around works for now.

I’m gonna leave everyone in Peace :slight_smile:

Happy Holidays Everyone, See you in the New Year.

J

@Mika

I’ve followed the instructions and the screen is back to normal.

I bet you don’t get this type of quality service at Fanatec!

Especially at 20.20 GMT on Christmas Eve!

Many thanks Mika. Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

3 Likes

Ah yes.

Please use the “duplicate” button in viewing that profile, that will create a profile directly with the same settings.

I just did some Christmas Eve debugging on the detection of another app instance. It seems that it is somehow broken on the current Windows version and the MSVC 2019 compiler, and we need to wait for 3rd-party fix for that. But at least the tray icon will work normally in the next release, the already running instance just won’t be able to activate when clicking the shortcut again.

Strength does somewhat depend on the game but setting by NM is a good start for equivalency however with most games the final results will vary… iRacing uses a different system than pretty much every title out there so it adds another layer of complexity to the equation. In that you can match ANY wheel strength to another through Specific output… However with that matching lower powered wheels are also more likely to clip… These settings unfortunately cannot really be translated directly to the SimuCUBES unless their systems override the iRacing standard setting…

Anyway if you want to find out pretty much all about the iRacing Strength system you can click here https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3770438.page

The only bit I’m struggling with at the moment is clarity as to whether changes have been applied/saved/whatever…

Is it just the case that whatever profile has the tick for Active will be live? To be honest, the classic version wasn’t much clearer in this respect - you’d make a change and press the ‘Save settings to Simucube’ button and not really get positive confirmation such as an audible ping, pop-up dialogue or state change on the button appearance (it would stop flashing, admittedly)…

As an aside, my vote would still be to retain the Nm max torque readout alongside the slider percentage. For rf2 it makes updating the your_controller.JSON a breeze.