Simucube 2 News and Updates

What are the changes (besides the powersupply) for the new Simucube 2 Pro (Rev2)?

Slight differences in the back plate design (connectors in different position, power LED is replaced with a led that illuminates the PSU connector housing).

Also the PSU cable is longer.

1 Like

I know, I know.
Single PSU. :raised_hands:

How long is PSU to motor cable now and what is the plan for upgrade path for existing SC2 users, if any?

Thanks

1.8 m if I remember correctly.

It has not been determined yet. As the performance is exactly the same, there is no direct benefit to the driving experience.

Understood, but besides driving experience there are other considerations, same as you had used when went through the trouble of making single PSU and longer cable happen in R2.
Plus you can sell extra, good for business! :v:

Hi Mika, i am using SC2 pro. So far, i have no issue driving Iracing with SC2 pro. The ffb and feel is good.
I am using all default setting.
But other than iracing, all other games like RRE, Dirt, Automobilista 2and AC…the driving feel and ffb is terrible. I am using the default setting.
What could be the issue ?
Could it be my SC2 pro is having some problem ?

Your SC2 pro is not having any issue if it feels good in iRacing, but bad anywhere else. There are dedicated threads here on this forum, where you can find settings and advice from guys running those games :wink:

Cheers,
Beano

Hi Beano,
Thanks for the reply. I am not good in fine tuning the true drive settings and wondering if you can include those drivable default settings for all other sims.

Firmware release 2021.4 is out. It is downloadable via our wiki, but temporarily hosted elsewhere due to wiki configuration issue.

Notable changes are fix for the USB stops being recognized issue, and an important and recommended fix for all wireless wheel users. Also, the firmware now includes support for the Profile Online, but we will be releasing that as a separate download.

So profiles are local?

Yes, the early access for online profiles is coming soon as separate download. We wanted to give the USB and wireless wheel fix now rather than wait for online release.

1 Like

Hotfix for 2021.4 release is now out with a surprise new feature included.

This time I used WeTransfer to host the file while we work an issue with the wiki…

1 Like

It seems like the window position restore didn’t quite work, so I’ve replaced the existing _2 release with _3 that has a fix for that.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

I’m still running one of the early betas for the online access (Beta 4?) and have a USB wheel.

“Is it time?” for me to catch up? Aside from anything, when I looked to download the latest updates a few days ago on the temporary hosting site, MalwareBytes wanted to block the site due to possible Trojan risks (almost certainly derived from generic file sharing on the site…)

When release for 2021.4 online version?

As we are releasing it “semi-officially” now, we are currently writing up a short FAQ and also polishing up a few issues that have been pointed to us within the online application.

1 Like

Simucube 2 True Drive release 2021.9 is out now.

4 Likes

Release 2021.9 was updated today (to the same file link) with a fix for trayminimized command line option not working.

2 Likes

Simucube 2 True Drive 2022.2 out now.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

6 Likes