Simucube 2 general settings discussion

always thought at iRacing the additional filters didn’t work?

You mean the Directinput effects? No, those won’t do anything with iRacing, so no reason to have them at any other than default.

I took note of all Simucube settings I wsa using before on my OSW and I think they will be my starting point for when I will receive Sport and I’ll start driving that.
Is that a good idea to replicate in the new True Drive those OSW settings and start from here with SC2?
Also, will Granity software still function the same way it did with Simucube 1 gen?

ciao alessandro , in che giorno allora è previsto l’arrivo del simucube ? prima del 15 agosto?

Then I would remove that in the offered setup for iRacing. Even if it doesn’t bother of course. Find the setup okay for newbies. Later everyone does it according to his taste.

for alessandro
I have adopted my old values for the time being. Paste not everywhere but was not totally different. Don’t worry one is quite fast there where one would like to be in approximately

ciao, io sono rimasto al 2/8 come data dalla quale il secondo lotto inizierà ad essere distribuito ai rivenditori, e si suppone che tra il 5 e l’8/8 partano le spedizioni ai clienti finali (ovvero noi). credo dipenda dunque dal rivenditore che hai scelto, io ho preso uno Sport da Simtag (Belgio) e a quanto mi hanno detto dovrei riceverlo attorno al 12/8…speriamo, quando mi arriverà sarà la fine di 3 mesi di attesa, durante la quale sono rimasto totalmente fermo avendo venduto l’OSW a metà maggio…quando ancora speravo in una consegna entro breve termine…
Tu da chi hai acquistato, che modello e cosa ti ha detto il tuo rivenditore riguardo alle date di consegna?

si si ho seguito la tua vicenda e per quello che ti ho voluto chiedere, io ho già il Pro arrivato col primo lotto.

1 Like

Mika how come in the iracing the Overall profile is at 37% and the Torque limit is at 1500 hz?

fortunato te! :slight_smile:
hai fatto cambio con un osw? ne è almeno valsa la pena di aspettare?

no , venivo da una base Fanatec Csl quindi è il mio primo DD e ti posso assicurare , anche se non ho esperienza ,che è un bel prodotto

The overall strength is something safe that will be manageable for oscillation-wise, and still give a good road feel. We will add more dampened version with more strength in next release.

In properly filtered (damping and friction, as well as reconstruction filter) signal, there is no content above 1500 Hz anyway. We intend to remove the torque bandwidth setting in the future when we get the other filters at a proper point in development.

3 Likes

Simucube 2 does not have a user configurable servo drive. There is no access to any servo drive settings.

1 Like

Well , at least for me, that’s good news, even more if it means that those new servos do not need any further settings like MR and ML, MUL and DIV, which drove me nuts with OSW. Also, that gives me more trust into the new servos, because for me it implies that they are already set in an optimal way, and the less settings are required, the more reliable is the hardware. thanks Mika.

Tried iRacing setting. Lots of oscillations then not holding wheel and driving feels like on ice not track.

can you make a Screenshot from your Settings?

Which car was this with? I only really get hands off oscillations in the Formula cars, GT’s are fine.

Are you using the same driver to set the profiles? There should be consistency in the pilot across as many games as possible. Ideally someone who has good real life and sim experience.

1 Like

These are mine,just did a race in Iracing…feels not bad but not how i want yet.
I dunno what exactly,it is maybe pretty strong its not clipping atleast but it feels like the car is understeering alot i dont know how too discribe.
And yes i know it can be the car setup but thats not it.
I have a hard time still getting the right feeling.

setting direct input values lower (or higher) than 100% on iracing does nothing at all, since iracing doesn’t use any of those.

Try the new baseline profiles on TD 1.0.7
ADD new profile and choose iRacing, it feels good to me on a SPORT, very good baseline.

Note to @Mika: on iRacing SC2 Sport profile Torque Bandwidth Limit is at 2200hz, but on PRO is at 1500hz?