Simucube 2 general settings discussion

You are thinking too much maybe…
Did you Know my pedals, my rig and my braking method for every car I drive?
Keep thinking

it only depends on 1 simple thing : have you got loadcell brake or not?
is the answer is yes, please go check every single settings you can possibly find all over the internet and see what value the brake gamma ( or brake factor for iracing) MUST have in order to work right with a loadcell brake.
just the first result on google :

1 Like

also this might be useful :

1 Like

Allessandro is correct, both loadcell and hydraulic brakes need the same setting in every sim. i.e. a 1.0 setting.

Anything else is incorrect and will give improper response if these types of brakes are used. Listen to his advice on this topic, it is good.

Cheers,
Beano

3 Likes

HEs actually have (better) “brake gamma” via firmware. Which is even more a reason to NOT use brake gamma in any game.

1 Like

that particular software works only for he sprint or also with pros?
I use diview off course, but I wonder if that could be an alternative

Thank you Exact Performance, v good advice there. :+1:

Followed your recommendations.

Next step, what are best slider/s to increase overall torque all of the time as the steering is a little light in the straight ahead?

Next how to reduce osilations ie if you quickly go left then right then left, the moment of inertia increases unrealistically. How do I reduce this?

Many thanks

1 Like

Sprints only. Pretty much the readon why I went with them over the ultimates.

1 Like

try to add more friction and see if that helped.

Its funny…
All experts on high end sim gear claims that brake gamma must be 1 (0 on iRacing), anything else is “sacrilege”.
Then a high end sim gear maker adds “gamma” to his software and now its OK to adjust brake linearity?
Funny at least.
I dont have HE Pedals nor better ones, my pedals are a highly modified CSP V1 (i call them My V1.5) tuned to act like a F1 brake. Thanks to Brake Gamma i can drive fast any car on any sim with my setup

Whatever works for you, is what you use. I have 150-165kg brake-pressure on my diy hydraulics, because I try to emulate real-life in my sim-rig. Also the reason I am running pretty high torque-levels on my DD wheel. If I wanted to race with gimmicks in arcade games, I would have done so.

Just because suppliers add canned effects to hardware, doesn’t make our advice less valid.

2 Likes

Seems to work for, that’s great. I couldn’t do anything with brake gamma turned on.

Brake Gamma is a simple multiplier, unlike curve adjustments. Which, I personally, only use to limit the maximum brake pressure to avoid going into territory where ABS will take over.

Driving fast times doesn’t mean accuracy. The two aren’t related. Just because you have built up the muscle memory and adapted to a certain set of conditions means those conditions are somehow as accurate. Subjective vs objective.

Guys can we try and keep this on Topic. This thread should be on best SC2 settings with pics please.

If you want to start discussing load cells or other, please start another topic. Thanks

We do already have threads to discus about settings for various sims. This thread is rather redundant.

1 Like

Actually what I’m seeing are topics with hundreds of posts for each game, not one area with a nice simple summary of settings

Maybe you could guide me to an area that has this?

Ho hum

The nice simple summary is rather impossible to do as people like so much different settings. We already saw that happening here in this thread - it was not a nice summary anymore.

The 1.0.7 firmware has some initial setting templates that have some minimal filtering to make settings better for beginners, and it will be improved and more templates will be added. The end goal is to not need to use forums at all.

1 Like

Mika, where do I find these templates?

1.0.7 firmware, use the add profile button.

1 Like

But it was a start on something that was needed. Anyhow I’m glad you’ve introduced some templates for “beginners”