Simucube 2 general settings discussion

Hi Robert be sure to make the saved profile , the one you use to play the game ,is the profile you make the changes to …regards denis

1 Like

Blockquote
when car gets out of shape this self aligning force is not filtered because it’s not static so it feels like passenger grabbing steering wheel and correcting for you with much stronger Force than turning Force.

This is a huge problem. I’ve been bringing this up for around 2 years now. It doesn’t matter what sim I play, Self-Aligning Force is WAY too powerful in ALL sims. When I get I big slide, what happens is EXACTLY what you described, it feels like a passenger (or an invisible person) has grabbed the wheel and correcting for me with way too much strength and often also too instant/abrupt. SAT (self-aligning torque) of course is realistic but not the SAT that DD wheels have in our games.

1. The problem may not be DD wheels though, the problem may be with FFB software technology in general. All games are using Microsoft Direct Input for FFB and this is very old technology from the 1990s and not designed for such powerful and quick systems like DD wheels.

2. Another problem is that real-life “FFB” is passive/reactive but videogame FFB is active. This makes for different fundamental behavior of forces which we have to try and replicate and compensate for through FFB software, firmware, filters, etc.

3. Real-life “FFB” is essentially torque-based FFB but our videogame FFB is position/speed-based. This, again, means different fundamental behaviour from real-life which we have to try and compensate for with FFB software, firmware, filters, etc.

DD wheels have exposed the very weak and old FFB technology that ALL racing videogames use.

I doubt any of the 3 things I listed above will be solved anytime soon but what I would LOVE for Granite Devices to do is make a filter which is like the Torque Reduction Filter but ONLY for S.A.T… It only applies to the wheel returning to centre, not for general wheel inputs, turning in, etc.

2 Likes

actualy problem is offroad multiplier to low so when you drop even one wheel it cuts FF and the second that wheel is back on the road the FF is back 100% in very abrupt way so the bigger the difference the worse it is. I find 0.7 solves that problem. and Jolt magnitude -2.0 is still to strong but that is the minimum setting.

1 Like

Do you guys use a separate profile for each car or just one for each game?

In game per car in SC2 per game

Brake Gamma at 2.4 with loadcell pedals? Min force at 2% with a dd wheel?
I think there doesn’t exist worst settings than those for AC.

1 Like

But it’s from Sim Racing Garage so it’s what you need to use LOL

1 Like

really, whoever uses those settings and then come here to complain, is crazy.
but whatever makes you feel good guys…

1 Like

funny thing is in its video, SRG keeps on saying “AC has a ffb very vague…”
I mean, really?
He’s the best with hardware reviews, but please don’t let him talk about ffb settings…

4 Likes

Brake gamma is useful when brake pedal has little to no travel, so you need a good amount of pressure to activate the brakes

with loadcell brake is useless, what’s the point in not having a linear brake if you measure brake force with pressure (and not potentiometers)?
loadcell brake require a 1.0 linearity, on every sim, wheter your break pedal has 1 meter or 1 cm of travel, not much to argue about.

1 Like

So can anyone explain how to simply have force and dampening? The main issue I’m having running the Ultimate is there is a lot of erratic noise and or artificial effects coming through the rim.

In addition to this the drop off of force when going into oversteer is too quick, it drops off a cliff, which is simply not realistic. The best settings I’ve run some far are the rF2 options above though I’ve reduced overall force to 45%

The bodnar motor doesnt have these complications as there just a couple of settings which, so far, seems more realistic.

If anyone can direct me to just 2 or 3 sliders that will allow me to focus on Force and then Dampening that would be great.

I can then zero everything else and hopefully find a mix that works

I have been testing on rF2, AMS, PC2, AC

We are just now developing a “simple UI mode” feature that allows an average user to do just this. There will be smoothness slider that allows one to control many settings via using just a single slider.

In addition, next firmware release will already have some template profiles for a few games, and it will include some resonance/noise fixes especially for the Ultimate.

5 Likes

No. Brake gamma really needs to stay at 1 for load cell brakes. It’ll just screw with you.

3 Likes

Set force reconstruction filter to 5 and leave it there.
just play with Dampening, Friction and Inertia rest keap it off. From what you describing I feel the same so inertia is your biggest friend it adds weight to whole steering assembly it’s doing great job of smoothing out those strong jolts without killing fidelity. start with 30% Inertia ore more then go down to se what is most comfortable for you, but anything under 20% this Ultimate motor is machine gun.
Friction is another great filter if it gives the actual Tire contact friction with for some reason is not present in any of those games (not ready for DD wheels) 17% is my number most of the time
Dampening between 15% and 20% some games needs more but so far this filter is broken for me its noisy and have some resonance above 15% I think the problem is motor is trying to dump also slow or smooth Force application which actually dampening shouldn’t have affect on those. I think they are going to fix it with next Firmware, at least I hope. Overall strength you can keep 100% and then adjust Force by the car in the game. That way you can safe profiles for those cars so you don’t need to play with sliders every time you choose different car.

Change brake travel and/or sensitivity every time I race a road car when coming from a formula car setup is what screw me, really. No time to mesh with tools on the back of my rig.
So rig is configured to my liking and then can use any tool the game give to me, gamma, linearity, sensitivity… Call it what you like

Break gamma is kind of cheating in sim games. I’ve seen some videos on utb people using break gamma on HE pedals:crazy_face:

1 Like

I always wonder what’s the point on having high-end equipment and not using it properly…or maybe someone still don’t understand the meaning of load-cell

this is not the point, and I think you are a bit confused about the meaning and the functioning of loadcells…