Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Hey Beano,

Yes agreed. The only Mige failures I know of were Sincos encoders. I personally only had one customer with a failure.

As far as Ioni failures 2ea. Over the many years.

As far as Simucube boards only a few in the early days when there was not the safety feature in the Ioni software to prevent the Regen circuit from failing before you got the proper drc installed.
Not everyone read instructions carefully and did not always have the estop enabled while programming.
Over the Iast year there has been several Simucube have failure of USB connection, but we are still talking a tiny percentage.

Yes this forum has started to become more nasty everyday.

I am starting to see why the Simxperience Accuforce forum is locked down to verified customers only.
Hopefully we can weed out the trouble makers and get things back on topic!

Hope everything is good in the land of OZ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He is mad at me for flagging a post where he was balking at me for no reason. I was telling him that I think the omission of the premium e-stop on the Pro model is not a big deal. He didn’t wanted to hear it. I don’t understand what his problem is.

Hi @Joe, I am asking you some help, you are a third party and I hope you might be helpful in solving the dispute.
This is the exact test, word per word, of what I wrote and said to mr. @Leandros.
Please find the “insult”, and if you do please tell me, I have yet to find it, maybe because I am severely nearsighted :

“it’s a pleasure to hear your thoughts about this, but I asked Mika for me, I would like it, yes. I didn’t asked you, sorry.”

If in all those many words you can find the insult, please contact me via pm, it’s very important.
Thank you, have a nice day.

OK, summary…
OSW/SC1 -> small/big Mige, high end Kollmorgen, high end Lenze or high end Bogeyman(Beano) servo motor
Bodnar SS2 -> high end Kollmorgen servo motor
SC2 Ultimate -> high end KEBA servo motor with the best encoder on the market(!)
SC2 Sport/Pro -> ??? servo motor
Fanatec Podium DD1/2 -> ??? servo motor

4 Likes

The fanatec podium is out runner servo motor but I don’t know what brand.

I do not see an insult in that quote. Was there something else that was said leading up to that.

People here should be able to disagree. We just need to be civil about it.
The purpose of these forums are to help each other get the hardware setup, share different sim settings etc.

Not saying you are doing it, but all of the hostility and negative remarks towards individuals and or company’s does not get us closer to a new awesome product.

I do not have my SC2 pro yet. I think I will be in the next batch. I decided to wait for a few batches since I am not desperate. As awesome as all versions of SC1 where I am really looking forward to the SC2.

6 Likes

Ok understood.
My advice is if you have an issues with a person just ignore them.
That is one of the sweet perks of the iRacing forums. You can click ignore on a person and you don’t see anything they write.

And just so it is not misunderstood. I am not a moderator. I am not even a reseller anymore. I am just a person that has been involved with OSW since the early days and have a passion for this stuff. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

As SC2 becomes more mainstream and a consumer product, you’re going to get a wider array of userbase. Not a bad thing. You’ll have to just choose to engage more carefully but at the same time, we’ll get some great users in the community also. Just gotta identify and avoid more interaction land mines.

@Mika Hi Mika did the sc 2 pro PSU using IEC C13 connecter? Same type cable in photo, it will come with the ground connect pin ?

In that Euro plug, the ground/connect is the strips in the slots of that plug. There are contacting-pins build into the sides of the receiver/female plug.

That is the std Euro-plug configuration.

I’m form Asia and I order with Asia reseller,so will get the same Euro plug ? But my country is using UK type plug systems.

So can I use the Euro plug too?

@ylleeason The EU plugs (CEE 7/7; Type E; Type F) do not have a ground Pin.
These plugs also are not compatible with the UK (Type G)-Socket.

We have fixed the annoying issue that Simucube 2 needs to be restarted after computer starts.

Also, some communication errors between Simucube 2 processor and the servo drive have been under investigation, pending testing.

The new simple settings mode functionality is also getting there; we need to re-do and re-test some template profiles.

Release at the end of next week might be tight, but possible.

12 Likes

Thanks for information, my reseller told me yesterday the batch 3 Asia will come with the Asia use plug.:grinning::grinning:

I was actually wondering,
I have the SC2 Sport for a while now,not raced with it for a month orso already due too a broken steering wheel and a monitor.
But i can remember i filled in a whole list, with pictures about the QR system (the old one) too receive the newer one .
But i actually never had any answer on this whatsoever.
I have the old one mounted on a wheel,but far from ideal the new version is way better.
Is there any news on this or do i need too do something else?

We are still gathering the data via the form. Shipments will happen later, maybe end of September.

1 Like

sorrry,posted in the wrong section i see now…dint see the tread about the QR :D.

Hello everyone, I need your help. I got my new SC2 pro. Now all profiles have disappeared. Can I still find them somewhere on my PC?

Hi Stefan,

There shoudl be a profiles_autobackup.ini in the same directory as the True Drive.exe is. You can use the Import button on the profiles tab to load that file.

mh? File is empty ???