Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Pavel, I just spent 2 hours in the Mercedes around Mt Panorama, was pretty quick, only 0.5 off the fast guys. Not to bad seeing I have not been in this car for 5 or 6 weeks.

I settled on the following, it feels really good for me:

iRacing Torque-slider 35NM

True Drive:
Damping = 20
Friction = 10
Inertia = 30

Reconstruction Filter = 6
Torque/Amp slider at 100% /25NM

Low Latency at 10%

SFR I tested at 10% and 15%, just lighten the ffb into turns enough to remove the edge. Overall, ffb felt really very good, lotā€™s of subtle detail, but no ffb ā€˜noiseā€™. Car communicated very well, I could not discern any latency in the wheel, catching slides was very natural.

The SC2 Pro servo is a very capable and special unit, I canā€™t help to like it.

2 Likes

Mine isā€¦

True Drive:
Damping = 25
Friction = 15
Inertia = 20

Low Latency at 12%

We are pretty close, but iā€™ve lowered strength to 20Nm in TD.
Will try your setting later today and comment

I think it will be similar, but mine is slightly less dampened with a bit more inertia, might add a small bit more natural feel.

What is your Reconstruction Filter at? Mine is 6ā€¦

same 6 and unlimited. And SFR i find 17% is good for me with my settings.
And your iRacing setting is 35Nm?

Yep, 35nm in iRacing. This is one place where personally, I like the extra headroom the Ultimate offersā€¦so I can get a bit more torque, without clipping.

But anyway, 99% sim-racers will most likely find that way to heavy for their likingā€¦

What means SRF?
ā€¦

Should be SFR = Static Force Reduction

I fixed it, thanx :wink:

IĀ“m a little confused, i thought Static Force Reduction and Reconstructrion Filter were the same.

Don`t wanted to correct you with a typo - SFR is for reducing FFB in corners right? What does Reconstruction Filter?

Yes, Static Force Reduction reduces the torque when you go into corners.

Reconstruction Filter definition from Wiki - the sane applies for older Simucube and new SC2 on this one:

SimuCUBE Force Reconstruction Filter

This filter is only available in the SimuCUBE firmware and allows the IONI to take a slower digitized incoming signal from a program at any frequency and reconstruct it based on a complex algorithm to increase the accuracy and smoothness of the signal while fully retaining the integrity of the original signal. This allows the SimuCUBE to update positioning and force information to the servo at the IONIā€™s maximum possible rate which smooths the action of the wheel while retaining all detail in the signal with minimal drawbacks. Setting this filter off disables it and the standard signal from the program being used is passed to the firmware. Currently the numbered options for the filter indicate the aggressiveness of the filter. At higher numbers the filter is more aggressive and will take longer to reconstruct the signal which will induce more latency (delay) into the signal. Currently the effects of the numbers are NOT linear and can result in many differing effects which vary between smooth, abrupt, or even unstable.

You can read more about the filters in the wiki, note these are for the older Simucube, but most of it will apply:

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_Firmware_User_Guide#SimuCUBE_Force_Reconstruction_Filter

Is it the max force or wheel force in iracing ?
Witch my small mige I have 20nm for wheel force and 65nm for max force. Is it correct or I may have better result with other settings ?

Here is a quote from Brion in iRacing:

[quote]Wheel Force Slider - Strength Slider Low Point Limitation: (parameter = ACTUAL WHEEL STRENGTH/USER_DEFINED) -
This is a low point cutoff for the iRacing strength slider, it sets the lowest value the iRacing Strength slider can use. This is a protection for overdriving the servo based on the telemetry provided by iRacing.

Strength Slider - 100% Feedback Strength Point: (parameter = 60-65/USER_DEFINED) -
The strength slider sets the point at which iRacing outputs a signal of 100% force[/quote]

So in my earlier feedback, I set the Wheel-Force slider (the 2nd one in iRacing) to the servo max torque, i.e. 25nm. Then, I set my actual ffb torque on the Strength-slider (the 1st one in iRacing) to 35nm.

This gives a Specific Output of 25/35 = 0.71. Because the servo is rated at 25nm, and I want to avoid clipping, I am basically forced to run this max 0.71 specific output.

For the Ultimate, itā€™s Wheel-Force is at 32nm, with the same 35nm ffb Force slider, I am at a very healthy 32/35 = 0.91 Specific Output.

This means, if you like the 0.71 Specific Output range, with the Ultimate, you can set the ffb Strength slider to 45nm, where you can totally avoid clipping in iRacing on any car wrt useable ffb. There will still be transients that are clipped, but imho, they are not providing any useable tactile feel anyway.

Hope this clarifies things a bit :wink:

1 Like

I got an update from my reseller that Granite Devices delayed the shipment again for about a week.
No comment why, just another delay.

What in freaking Hell is going on again?

This is increasingly ridiculous.

After this long wait i would be very happy if GD would offer a little compensation for us patiently waiting customers.

1 Like

How tired of that already! Iā€™ve been disappointed in buying 100 times ā€¦

1 Like

W H A T T H E H E C K ? ? ?
This is becoming a freackinā€™ JOKE.

Guys, seriously. Iā€™ve been waiting for 2nd batch delivery since the end of May.
Iā€™m thinking about getting in touch with everyone in my same position to cooperate and submit a lawsuit for misleading advertising.
Iā€™m not joking. This shit is serious.

This does not become a joke, but already is. To be honest, if it werenā€™t for the bought wheels from asher racing, I would have long ago canceled the order for sc2pro

1 Like

I paid on May 10 and Iā€™m waiting for everything :frowning:

1 Like

Me too mate, paid on 16th of May because at the time 2nd batch was scheduled to delivery around end of June/ first days of July. No way I would have bought it knowing that I would have waited untill end of August / first days of September.

1 Like

Just to be clear : Iā€™m not blaming ANY of the people that runs this forum, nor anybody that is part of the project and intervene here to give us assistance, which is by far the best kind of assistance and attention any customer could ever hope for.
Iā€™m blaming the marketing / sales division of GD / Simucube for the lack of communication and transparency about this whole preorders ordeal.
This is not the way to deal with customers, and even more not a respectful approach to them.
1 update every month on the ā€œNewsā€ section of the website, update that contains a completely misleading and deceiving information, itā€™s not what people that paid 1.3k on average and itā€™s waiting for a product that has already seen 3 delays in such a short time without any kind of communication, is expecting from them.
it is not possible that we should become aware of any delays and postponements by reading a post published by some users by pure chance, and not because there is a transparent communication by the team in charge of doing so. And thatā€™s the second time that it happens this way.
Thatā€™s not fair guys, not at all.

1 Like

Hi,

Products to almost all non EU distributors were shipped out today, and the products to EU distributors should be shipped out by Wednesday. There was an additional delay due to 2 separate reasons, but those are now solved. Apologies for the additional delay.

The production batches for end of August and during September are a bit over 3 times in volume compared to batch 1 and 2 combined and the volumes are planned equally large for October and even larger for November. As I shortly mentioned previously in this thread, the demand is in many multiples compared to SC1 generation products and some delays have caused amplification in total delay, one biggest being the summer holidays in Europe.

I know that the above information does not help the ones who have waited the longest, but eventough nothing has seemed to happen, we have still worked a lot which is soon visible to our distributors and later to the end-users.

Thank you for your patience.

7 Likes