Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

In my case, I had 2 complete sets of bolts and washers necessary for the star-shaped adapter and QR rim-side provided with the SC2 in the box.
The extra QR rim-side came with the extra star-shaped 70mm adapter.

2 Likes

If you want to use the v1 of the SC2 QR, you need the Ascher Racing plate. Version 2 should fix that. If you want to be safe, get the plate.

I bought a second QR from Simtag, they told me today I will receive the QR along with the star adapter + the new type spacer, therefore I should be safe with that without spending extra money on the Ascher adapter.

1 Like

i have some questions guys, I am waiting for a Sport Sc2 delivering in a couple of weeks, or at least I hope.
I am seeing some settings for various sims, but do the settings (for any sim) for the Pro / Ultimate can be applied also to the Sport? if not - as I think itā€™s the case - wouldnā€™t be much useful to have separate threads here on the forum for any different type of SC2, one for each of the three?
Last thing, I am reading a lot of people - most of the ones that write here on SC2 general discussion thread - own either the Pro or the Ultimate, but very few own the Sport ( at least thatā€™s my impression, might be wrong though) ; can somebody that already owns a Sport share his experience so far, if they are experiencing different things - or even issues - than the Pro / Ultimate owners have listed here, if they are happy so far with their choiceā€¦things like that?
That would be really helpful.
Thanks guys :+1:

I think the sport version is more stable than pro, l have see so many people talking about the noise from pro version.

2 Likes

My new all-in-one mount done, will be testing and making a video of the Simucube2 Pro on the weekend. Will post a link once uploaded. In that I will also give few comments on my take of performance between the Pro and Ultimate :wink:

More then.

6 Likes

Hi all. From what Iā€™ve read on Simucu.be news page, tomorrow is the date ā€œmost ofā€ 2nd batch units will be delivered to vendors.
Now, for once, just this time, could someone of SC team here present on this forum please reply to this and explain me what they mean with ā€œmostā€ of 2nd batch will be delivered on 2/8?

RaceWerk emailed me earlier this week to let me know they are getting things ready in anticipation of shipping Batch 2. Fingers crossed that the ā€œmost ofā€ only means just a day or so delivery delay to specific vendors due to shipping time and not missing units from Batch 2.

1 Like

You are lucky! RaceWerk sent me nothing at all. =(

I quickly mounted the new front-mount and SC2 Pro to my rig.

Did a few laps in the v8 supercar around VIR in iRacing, and I have to say, coming from the Ultimate, I was expecting a fair difference, but, the Pro surprised and impressed me. I will do a video over the weekend, more to come.

But you guys waiting on the SC2, any version of it, dare I say, you are in for a super time. Having also tested the Fanatech DD2, which is the direct competitor to the SC2 Pro, there is quite a significant performance gap in favour of the Pro.

This is after 10min with the Pro, vs extended periods with the DD2.

My settings are quite basic:
iRacing Torque-slider 35NM

True Drive:
Damping = 25
Friction = 15
Inertia = 25

Reconstruction Filter = 6
Torque/Amp slider at 100% /25NM
Static Force Reduction (SFR) = 0%

Rest is default for the moment, above feels very good to me, at least according to my likes.

More later though, let me not spoil everything.

Cheers,
Beano

4 Likes

Should have been more clear, they cancelled a second order I had for an extension, as it wonā€™t be necessary. In that same email explaining that, they gave me word they were getting ready for the next batch. Iā€™m not special :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing your further thoughts on the Pro and hopefully stealing a look at the settings you end up using.

Iā€™m going to buy some arm braces in anticipation :grin:

Lols, Paul . All good, I am almost done for the day, then I will jump in the rig again for a couple of hours. Definitely subtle differences between the servos, but I need to spent a good few hours to get my thoughts down properā€¦

More tomorrow night!

3 Likes

Maybe check your spam folder?

Beano, what SFR % you use with pro?

I typically use zero here, but only because I am used to high torque levels after 5 years of running all sorts of DD wheels, Pavel.

Feedback from real-life drivers is that they will use around 15-25%, depending on the car used. My advice is to use what you enjoy, as in practice, car-setup will make a lot if difference in real-world.

Even you might have two exact same cars, if you simply change camber, caster and toe on the front, it will significantly change the column-torque. Things like steering-ratio, tire-width and diameter, weight over the wheels will also contribute to vastly different feels between ā€˜similarā€™ cars.

Often these things are setup as per driver requirements anyway, so I do not worry really about replicating real-world feel, as there is no standard. I run what I enjoy, I would advise others to run what they like, whether it be heavy, light, dampened or over-active :slight_smile:

Just nice that we have SC2 that can cater for each individualā€™s requirements.

1 Like

A small appetiser: Below 2 pix of my current selection of DD wheels under test - yes, I have made way to many 16mm mounting plates, haha :joy:

Left is Bogeyman, middle SC2 Pro, right is the Ultimate. For such a short servo, the SC2 Pro packs the same torque as the large Mige, within 2NM, and it runs very cool. A highly efficient servo.

Below, the order is reversed, with a Ultimate left, Bogeyman, on the right. Bogeyman (AKM65L) sure as hell is one mofo of a servoā€¦

5 Likes

Yes, iā€™m using same 15-25% it really helps steering in corners. Was just curious whatā€™s your setting with Pro after Ultimate

Because Pro is slightly lower torque (25nm vs 32nm ) compared to a Ultimate, I reduced slider in iRacing to compensate. It feels very good, still not going into clipping in iRacing, at least not with the v8 supercar.

But I donā€™t typically use the SFR, tbhā€¦but I can fully understand why people should, it brings ffb much closer to reality, it is a super-Filterā€¦

I will also test with the Mercedes GT3 and BMW M8 in that sim, as they tend to load ffb quite heavily. I would suspect the Pro would be the right servo except for the most demanding, and typically stronger/fitter racersā€¦

Let me go turn more laps :slight_smile:

Please share your Merc settings in TD, if you change anything, thanks