Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Yep, all good. Don’t be afraid to reduce Torque Slew Rate Filter, some even likes it as low as 0.1 - 0.25 on cars with direct (non-power steer) steering.

To reduce mid-corner torque, you can increase Torque Reduction Filter to 20-50%, whatever you fancy. And remember, you can still set Torque Reconstruction Filter 5 - 8, it is all about the feel you prefer, so do not be afraid to play with these key filters :slight_smile:

Guys, will leaving the 2x power bricks permanently powered up on standby cause any harm?

The high quality Mean Well units conform to the strictest standards for the US market, i.e less than 0.5W no load idle power consumption.

3 Likes

Thanks, Mika.

Just wanted to make sure that I don’t cause any harm to the equipment :slightly_smiling_face:

We do not know the exact date when the some of the components will arrive at the factory, so it is impossible to give exact dates at this point in time. Its not like we are magically storing components just waiting for assembly - and not that we can schedule the assembly line on day-by-day basis either.

August is the best I can say right now. Of course something unexpected that can happen - we don’t get parts that we have ordered, or the parts do not work, or something like that. Or if an asteroid strikes our factory&warehouse.

2 Likes

allright, nevermind. seems like it’s not the right time to ask something about that topic.
t’s not the first time though I got some very bitter answer from you Mika.
thank you anyway.

I wasn’t meaning to be bitter. You asked that is there a chance of delay, and I answered with the range of possibilities that could happen. My apologies if you didn’t understand some sense of humor in my answer…

My bad Mika, sorry. Really hope everything will go smoothly as planned, but I am sure it will. Cannot wait to put my hands on it :slight_smile:

Well, not sure about parts, but Bruce Willis can help you with asteroids :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah, those darn asteroids. Such a nuisance. Happens to me all the time.

Finally My ultimate came in yesterday no issues mounting the steering wheel

3 Likes

But I got that chip USB cable???

3 Likes

That’s some angle you have the wheel at! I’m guessing you sit quite high up in relation to it?

1 Like

Exact steering column angle and sitting position from our time attack car

5 Likes

I think the usb cable you receive is chosen and put into the package by the reseller.

As I understand it, GD do not supply a cable.

Tomo from SimRacinBay told me that is included from Granity

Yeah I must agree I was a little surprised with the “quality” of the USB cable on my Ultimate.

So maybe GD had different suppliers during production because some received nice, thick cables with ferrite cores and others like you and I got the cheap ones :thinking:

I opted to buy my own cable rather than use the one that I received.

product EMC tests were done with a cable without ferrites.