Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

The GUID value in the XML will be different for Simucube 2.

but then heā€™s the same for everyone? Dirt4, F1-2018?

Status on updates or manual things needed for Dirt 4 is unknown to me at the moment.

Iā€™ve worked with the F1 team at Codemasters, and they fixed F1 2018 and promised to include the same fix for F1 2019 as well.

I asked them contact details for the Dirt team, but they remained silent.

2 Likes

I received my SC2 Pro today and began mounting it on my GT1 Evo. The unit itself is a work of art, feels super solid and is beautiful. However, Iā€™m having some trouble with the wheel adapters. Does the 70mm adapter go straight to the back of the wheel or should there be some spacers (or nuts) in between?

If itā€™s straight to the backplate, then the bolts need to be a very specific length as the SQR wonā€™t allow the screws to go beyond the 70mm adapter thickness. Which is really odd as it looks like itā€™s missing about 1mm to go through, surely a tiny bit smaller in diameter SQR would still work as well and be more universal.

If it should go flush with the backplate and the screw length is just right, then thereā€™s screws sticking out of the 70mm adapter (ones used to connect with SQR) which in turn could damage the carbon fibre on my steering wheel. Itā€™s especially weird since it looks like connecting 70mm adapter to the 30mm spacer it perfectly flush, with no screws sticking out. I attach some pictures to better illustrate my issues. I hope Iā€™m doing something wrong, as I ordered 3 of those.

We have identified this issue and unfortunately couldnā€™t fix it in time for this production batch. We are improving the SQR product for the next production run.

The screws shouldnā€™t stick like that if you used the included locking washers. Can you confirm that you are using washers to attach the 70mm adapter?

1 Like

This is the point that Atilla spoke about in his Racewerk blog.

With this design we have to bolt through the front of our rim/hub and into the adapter.

In each case we have calculate the bolt lengths exactly so that they protrude no more than 4.5 to 5mm out of the back of out rim/hub as that is the maximum amount of thread available in the 70mm adapter plate.

If the 30mm spacer was smaller in diameter, it would allow us to use the bolts in the opposite direction i.e. bolt through the adapter plate from behind and then into our wheel.

We just needed enough clearance in the 30mm spacer for the bolt heads.

I donā€™t feel comfortable with the idea of only having 5mm of available thread in the adapter plate to secure the wheel and I will most likely modify my spacer to achieve a more secure connection.

I used the washers in both pictures (straight to 70mm adapter and with 30mm spacer). Only when I stack 2 washers on top of each other the screws are flush. When can we expect you to ship the fixed adapters? This means the wheel is unusable for me as I have no other way of connecting it

1 Like

Mika, Iā€™m terrible at explaining with words but this is what I am thinking is needed:

Sorry, the picture is as bad as my wording but I think you get the idea :yum:

Iā€™m my case I am thinking of removing this material (x6) so that I can attach my rim with some confidence that it will stay secured.

I also hope that us first and early purchasers will receive the next iteration of the sqr and not be left behind.

4 Likes

That does not sound very promisingā€¦maybe I will switch to the Buchfink Q1R. It will not have this clean and beautiful look, but I can use every rim without washers or cutting the screws. Thatā€™s a pity. :neutral_face:

I feel for you dude, shame they didnā€™t communicate this earlier then you would of had the chance to source your own 3rd party solution in time for the arrival of your motor.

I also found this problem with the adapter and screws.

Should the rim always be aligned horizontally with the SQR? If I tilt it a bit to the left or right, then Iā€™m able to pierce the SQR plug through without having to add the 30mm spacer for paddle shifters. Itā€™s a bit awkward when plugging the wheel in as you have to slide it in angled but it seems to do the job well. I havenā€™t had the opportunity to play with the software yet, but I take it that we can choose any angle as the 0 degrees position?

What about the Ascher SQR 70mm adapter? Is that going to avoid the issue?

https://www.ascher-racing.com/shop/sqr-70mm-adapter/

1 Like

You can set any angle as center in the software.

It seems the issue is with the 30mm spacer having a slightly oversized diameter. You will either have to forgo using it, buy a 3rd party spacer or cut down/purchase the screws to the required length.

Using additional washers between the wheel and the adapter might also fix the issue at least for now.

The beep for clipping is a great feature. No worries about trying to drive and watch something else.

1 Like

Great News JED!
Thanks for the update

Did anybody triy Rfactor2? The feeling is very sandy and notchy with every car I have tried, using the simucube configurazion file.
Same with RRE, I need some advice about the right configuration

I have 4x 5mm threads holding my OMP ALU 310 wheel to its hub. I have been using it for past 18months on a 38NM servo, at mostly 1:1 torque.

What makes you uncomfortable with 6x5mm threads on significantly lower torque?

:slight_smile: