Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

You can work as hard as you can guessing about the SC2 but without a SC2 on your hands, its only that, assumptions.

Recon Filter at 8 on SC2 sport is a crappy mess of dampened big bumps loosing any feel on the tires. Im uploading a video showing my driving skills on IRacing dirt track.

its no guessing mika already confirmed the recon filter is still the same. the sc2 is nothing more than a sc1 with a better processor and everything built into the motor except the power supply. And an all in one package coming from them instead of people building and selling kits.

And the better cpu will give you better filtering options lateron when they develop it. so far its not much more than a sc1 with a different motor but with a better cpu and a few more sliders :wink:

Seb, In my videos I mention that Recon Filter at 5 on SC2 is feeling the same as 8 on SC1. Whilst the Recon-filters are not much different between the two firmwares, the faster electronics, in conjunction with other filters used in SC2, makes a direct comparison not that easy.

The faster processors, combined with the newer filters, indeed makes a rather substantial difference vs SC1…

2 Likes

oehhh thats a whole something different “not much different”
So what @phillip.vanrensburg says you would need atleast rcon 5 on a sc2 according to my standard :wink:
but faster electronics can not make a bad 60hz signal better by itself even if it go’s faster with less latency

But lets make it clear that people here running rcon 1 or 2 here are still driving with a hack saw :wink:

You’re such a winker

1 Like

so you are acutally good with ur rcon 5 or 6 :wink: :heartpulse:

I don‘t feel like sc1 at 8 is like sc2 at 5 at least on my pro. they feel the same to me (Lenze on sc1) so there will never be a real comparison between the two because we don‘t share the same sc1 hardware.

1 Like

Just a short comment:

FFB tactile feedback is very subjective, as we can see here in this thread.

We have seen that some settings are hard to dial in, or downright confusing. Therefore, the focus is now in ease of use, as there will be a large number of newcomers to DD coming up in the August production batch. There is the summer holidays already looming, so limited time to develop new filters right now.

5 Likes

Ultimate has center damping (to be adjusted/fixed soon, it might not work correctly yet) and gamma setting.

Don‘t think anybody cares about your skills when we are discussing meaningful settings for newcomers. I just know you have never driven anything real on a racetrack when I look at your settings in the feedback thread.

Not trying to diss you but your settings make no sense. as I said each his own but we should try to help newcomers.

2 Likes

Even i in the beginning ran stupid settings. and started with weak ffb because i was used to real weak consumer wheels. that’s why i made this video explaining it all. so new DD owners would have a better idea of how and why.

you need to have correct settings before you can start to use some decent high ffb strength. not even stupidly heavy but just good so you really feel the load and details and what the tires are doing.

with the wrong settings higher strengths just feel stupid and even make you slower because the wheel kicks so much.

here is a streamer testing my settings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuRHkBAHtdk
and my settings from than have still evolved a bit more from there since i was sitting at the desk and that dampened the wheel, i got a stiff rig now so i run a tiny bit more damping than back then. since ffb improves on a stiff rig.

like in real life you need a certain amount of force, speed in wheel movement, to enable the self countersteering. so 5nm wont do… and feeling 60hz noise and thinking you feel every pebble on the track is just not helpful. even if iracing would simulate pebbles - think about how many parts are involved, how much rubber - you think you can feel pebbles in a racecar on the steering wheel?

Even with rcon 9 you can still feel every tiny little bump road texture pebble nothing disappears. its just smoother no detail is lost.

Yes, I dont race any racecar, only a '01 TypeR civilian car with steering assist and some pro karting.
If i want to feel the real deal, dont worry because I would go for it.

Im in for a SC2 because iRacing, I need to feel every little changes on forces and with the new SC2 Sport I can achieve my goal, setting AUTO FFb on iRacing and tuning down Overall forces on TD.
Take care that im using a MOMO Montecarlo with 35cm of diametern no paddles so one hand over the rim, the other on the shifter, and iRacing is a mesh of forcefeedback pikes.

I don‘t have the SC2 sport so I am cautious to say to much.

Its just some of us are racing, we have years of experience with direct drives and we are going for realism.

I do understand you have your SC2 just for a few days and its your first experience. All I can say is stay open, try different settings with different cars. your settings will evolve over time. what feels good now will be horrible in a few weeks if you go back.

there is nothing lost thats important to be fast with a high recon filter. but I know lots of people are trying to get all information of the car through the wheel instead of a motion system or at least simvibe. I was there I do understand :wink:

1 Like

Thanks!

Im not in search of every little detail… Im only trying to have self alingment torque on the tires, a sensation I lost years ago with the Porsche NewTireModel.
And im reaching my goal! But Recon filter over 3 is something that dont work for me

EDIT:
Video showing my TrueDrive Profile and changing Recon Filter from 2 to 8 and back again, self alingment torque works better for me with filter at 2
https://youtu.be/m-FmrNAQD_8

Yeah SAT with SK’s profile just isn’t really a thing, I remember trying it with the mazda and the wheel didn’t respond that well to oversteer. I kinda like the rest of it, but that’s why I’ve switched over to brion sohn’s settings with recon 5 and less filter.

Most of these comments “discussing” settings sounds kinda elitist, don’t understand that attitude. If alfye likes it one way there’s no need for you to talk down to him.

2 Likes

Hi @Mika

Any news about the new firmware?

We got another industrial client who needs attention today, so it will be tomorrow at the earliest. The User Interface side fixes for the next release is already done.

hi @ Mika,
who takes care of engines you get back for testing and how long will that take? Can you answer that for me?
Thanks a lott

Stefan Henkel