Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Recon Filter is on 1(fast) out of the box.
On iRacing you can feel the singnal at 1. I like it at 2. More Filter causes lag for me or need other tuning to compensate, dont Know

No torque sound on my side… I dont use any dampening

Assuming SC2 reconstruction filter is the same as SC1 you want to have it set to 9.

My settings for iRacing.
Im using AUTO FFb ingame, dampermode:2 (friction) and tuning with TrurDrive Overall Force.

Smooth Like butter, no sound, no cogging, fast, responsive, and linear force is like i ever wanted

1 Like

thats what you think :wink: i bet the signall is still poop like a hacksaw :wink:
try 8 or 9.

they should never have called it slow and fast since its not adding much lag at all anyway.
the sognal of the games are so bad you need a minimum of rcon8 anyway otherwise its like a hacksaw.

just zig zag the wheel while driving and it will feel like a g25 with gears. you need rcon8 at least. or the equivalent of that on the sc2. maybe some granite dev can tell what that would be.

also the amps you use lol. time to put it high torque mode and max amps and adjust the ffb strength ingame.

you are using the wheel as its a CSW v1 :wink:

Simucube 2 is still a young product, and while the Reconstruction Filter is still about the same as in Simucube 1, we have now much more processor power available to implement more advanced filters in the future. There has not been sufficient time to develop those yet.

Also, reconstruction filter does not induce lag. However, it does induce overshoots which can show up as lag in kerb hits etc.

3 Likes

Mmm not with my settings… Nor with my SC2…

I can let the rim go at Spa straight with the RUF and the tires keep the inertias to the front. Same with VW bettle on dirt

thnx for that info mika :smiley: that helps me a lot in understanding reviews about this product ;D simracegarage still has no clue how to set a simucube 1 or 2 up with good settings imho.
and the rest of the reviewers can only be way worse :smiley:

i recommend the new people also with sc2 to watch this video which explains it all, and since its all the same for now its a good point to start with this info and use this a baseline setting for any racegame not just iracing

1 Like

Dont Know why all recomendations points to 100% Overall Force on Profile and then tune down iRacing FFb…

I can feel the diferencie between iRacingAUTO-ProfileDown and tuned Profile at 100% then iracing FFb tuned down. The last feels death on the center, the forces are not scaled…

1 Like

Hello
Is there a battery in the wheel base which is for power supply of the Bluetooth and which should be replaced over time?

Wheel base receiver runs from the same regulator as the rest of the electronics - no batteries there.

1 Like

Thanks!
I asked because of that:

@SKeijmel I am totally with you on this one. I don’t understand anyone using iracing, no irffb and setting recon on low values. Horrible hacksaw and nothing to do with the feeling you have on a real racerim.

The recon filter of simucube is the best thing in the whole package.

1 Like

Hi,

Can you please guide how to setup irFFb?
would like to try it

For a short test just install vjoy and then irFFB, choose 360hz interpolated. No fiddling required.

But if you use recon at 8 you don’t need irffb imo. It adds inputlag and the sc2 is sooo direct on its own it would be a shame to induce artificial lag.

1 Like

well i’m on 5. but everybody is sooo happy a this irFFb :smile: and as i’m new to DD would like to try all things with it to understand it better

Testing Recon Filter @8 on Spa with the RUF, dont Know what it does but I dont have road feel and only feeling dampened bumps, overshoots like Mika said…
SC2 and TrueDrive here, dont have SC1 and dont want to Know about them

You have your ffb strength so low you will never feel anything there is no hope for you alfye… you dont even wanna learn from the people who know their stuff.

You are driving with a hacksaw and you think that noise Is feedback

3 Likes

Maybe you need recon at 8 on an SC1 but you certainly don’t with an SC2. I’m currently switching between 5 and 6 with iRacing.

1 Like

Mika said the filter is the same. So i can bet you need the same settings. the games signal is the bottleneck not the motor. And the better motor from the sc2 is not going to make a crappy signall smoother by itself. Unless the sc2 does some more filtering somewhere else :wink: maybe mika can confirm that it does or not.

Hey Mika
Is Ultimate have additional filters in the software like promised? Ore it’s not ready yet?