Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

I was glad about that too! My dealer was Jed.

I thought the same thing too…

2 Likes

YEA! I have been waiting for (hopefully) your impressions of the Ultimate vs. Bodnar! Barry at simracinggarage.com just posted a review of the Pro this morning here in US. Sounds VERY encouraging! Sounds to me like Pro may be comparable to Bodnar in some ways for sim racers, depending on preferences, settings, etc. PS - Barry plans to do more vids with his preferred settings with the Pro for various sims, as a starting or comparison point for those who’d like his opinons/settings.

Sorry, Simon - I’m in US. Don’t recall who ‘Jed’ is? Sorry for dumb question, but I am new here! :slight_smile:

Jed is simtech racing I think.
A UK based reseller.

He is MX170 on here

Well I got a couple of hours with the Ultimate last night, thoughts so far :

Whilst it’s hard to gauge exactly how much of a difference there is without side by side testing I feel that the latency is noticeably lower than my previous DD system, Sim Steering 2. And that’s a huge plus and worth the upgrade cost alone for me. The SC2 has an incredibly direct feel to it and now I have more time for Sim Racing again I’m really looking forward to getting back to some serious hot lapping with this thing. There’s some bold claims that my friend in Oz has made with regards to the couple of tenths he expects me to shave off my lap times … right now I’m thinking he probably wasn’t exaggerating :wink:

With regards to the rest of the settings it’s going to take a lot more time. There’s so much more to play with than with the Bodnar and with my limited running last night I’ve already seen just how much opportunity there is to create very different feeling wheel. What I’m really happy about is that the reconstruction filter at around 8 gives a more muted Bodnar-Esque rubbery feel. That won’t be to everybody’s taste and I’ve already started varying that filter, again dialing this in will take time.

The only negative I’ve stumbled across is the resonance issues reported by others which seem directly affected by the amount of friction filter applied. The motor is noisier in normal operation than the Bodnar but not loud and I can live with that. However the resonance that comes through when driving over curbs is not only an unpleasant sound but is felt through all of my wheels too. I’ve heard this is being looked into and should be fixable with the firmware, very much looking forward to that!

Sorry if I can’t give a more detailed review after one nights running but the added settings available whilst most welcome are a little overwhelming for a Bodnar owner! Can’t wait to get stuck in this week and start unlocking this beasts true potential though :smiley:

9 Likes

Thanks SiPo, think I will have mine Tuesday evening so will hopefully get it mounted and a first drive on Wednesday.

Hopefully you’ll have all the settings worked out by then!!! :slight_smile:

Like Simon I’m coming from an SS2.

1 Like

Thanks for the response!

You are very welcome!

you are really a big help to Nicsos :wink:

@Tero @Mika you did the right thing, congrats! And a BIG thank you! just filled out the version2 QR form.

and 1.0.3. did fix the issue with irFFB in iRacing - it works now!

3 Likes

Does the sc2 come with rcon filter off out of the box or on 1 ?
That would be a really stupid decision. it should feel out of the box like a simucube 1 on rcon 9 and also have some damping friction and inertia set. as a out of the box experience and for the people who have a bit of knowledge just a button advanced so we can set up everything you want :wink:

You never want a totally dumbed down DD wheel with no settings. you can go buy a bodnar sim steering than if you want :wink: .
Fanatec and accuforce DD are definitely something you don’t want :wink: the fanatec dd really seems to be a non finished product!

aldough i dont know how rcon1 feels on a sc2 :smiley: but from the stories and videos which sounds it makes it isnt much better than a sc1 :wink:

Recon Filter is on 1(fast) out of the box.
On iRacing you can feel the singnal at 1. I like it at 2. More Filter causes lag for me or need other tuning to compensate, dont Know

No torque sound on my side… I dont use any dampening

Assuming SC2 reconstruction filter is the same as SC1 you want to have it set to 9.

My settings for iRacing.
Im using AUTO FFb ingame, dampermode:2 (friction) and tuning with TrurDrive Overall Force.

Smooth Like butter, no sound, no cogging, fast, responsive, and linear force is like i ever wanted

1 Like

thats what you think :wink: i bet the signall is still poop like a hacksaw :wink:
try 8 or 9.

they should never have called it slow and fast since its not adding much lag at all anyway.
the sognal of the games are so bad you need a minimum of rcon8 anyway otherwise its like a hacksaw.

just zig zag the wheel while driving and it will feel like a g25 with gears. you need rcon8 at least. or the equivalent of that on the sc2. maybe some granite dev can tell what that would be.

also the amps you use lol. time to put it high torque mode and max amps and adjust the ffb strength ingame.

you are using the wheel as its a CSW v1 :wink:

Simucube 2 is still a young product, and while the Reconstruction Filter is still about the same as in Simucube 1, we have now much more processor power available to implement more advanced filters in the future. There has not been sufficient time to develop those yet.

Also, reconstruction filter does not induce lag. However, it does induce overshoots which can show up as lag in kerb hits etc.

3 Likes

Mmm not with my settings… Nor with my SC2…

I can let the rim go at Spa straight with the RUF and the tires keep the inertias to the front. Same with VW bettle on dirt

thnx for that info mika :smiley: that helps me a lot in understanding reviews about this product ;D simracegarage still has no clue how to set a simucube 1 or 2 up with good settings imho.
and the rest of the reviewers can only be way worse :smiley:

i recommend the new people also with sc2 to watch this video which explains it all, and since its all the same for now its a good point to start with this info and use this a baseline setting for any racegame not just iracing

1 Like

Dont Know why all recomendations points to 100% Overall Force on Profile and then tune down iRacing FFb…

I can feel the diferencie between iRacingAUTO-ProfileDown and tuned Profile at 100% then iracing FFb tuned down. The last feels death on the center, the forces are not scaled…

1 Like

Hello
Is there a battery in the wheel base which is for power supply of the Bluetooth and which should be replaced over time?