Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Hello everybody, first of all I thank @Tommi for his detailed feedback on my statement.

I hope that we can solve problems in peace in the future without offending or treating each other inferior.

I will post here again 2 videos, which represent the same noise. Once in the desktop and once ingame.

My question is, if someone is able to test the same settings and tell me if he hears the same noise. Of course only on desktop and with the friction like on my movie, because ingame it is exactly the same noise while vibrations.

desktop

ingame (lags are becouse of 144fps ingame and 60fps recording

ingame the friction is on 0%

@Mika maybe it could help the team to find out where the noise comes from.

Thank you.

2 Likes

We will have a firmware out for you to try on Monday.

1 Like

@Mika

Do you know if the team have had any luck or further progress in recieving and testing out the various pcie extension cables that were spoke about a while back?

Thanks.

They have not arrived yet. It is possible that we could have those manufactured, but no decision yet.

No problem. Thank you for the update :slightly_smiling_face:

Are there schematics available how the on/off in the premium E-Stop works? Or can someone who got it take a look which pins are connected to it? I’m not paying $100 for a better on/off button.

How did you come to a figure of $100?

One of the French resellers offered the E-Stop as an addon for the Pro. Priced at €99. I looked it up after realizing it’ll not be included with my Pro. :confused:

1 Like

It’s here …

Only had 5 minutes of driving.

10/10 IGN

11 Likes

Gratz, SiPo, have fun, Mate!

Post any interesting settings you find up, do I can also give them a whirl :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool Simon!

Looking forward to your thoughts. I know you will be thorough and not not sugar coat things. :slight_smile:

Nice!! Who is you dealer if you don’t mind saying. I thought they were not going to be coming with “Simucube “ etched into the case.

Glad to see these are arriving. Can wait for your thoughts.

1 Like

I was glad about that too! My dealer was Jed.

I thought the same thing too…

2 Likes

YEA! I have been waiting for (hopefully) your impressions of the Ultimate vs. Bodnar! Barry at simracinggarage.com just posted a review of the Pro this morning here in US. Sounds VERY encouraging! Sounds to me like Pro may be comparable to Bodnar in some ways for sim racers, depending on preferences, settings, etc. PS - Barry plans to do more vids with his preferred settings with the Pro for various sims, as a starting or comparison point for those who’d like his opinons/settings.

Sorry, Simon - I’m in US. Don’t recall who ‘Jed’ is? Sorry for dumb question, but I am new here! :slight_smile:

Jed is simtech racing I think.
A UK based reseller.

He is MX170 on here

Well I got a couple of hours with the Ultimate last night, thoughts so far :

Whilst it’s hard to gauge exactly how much of a difference there is without side by side testing I feel that the latency is noticeably lower than my previous DD system, Sim Steering 2. And that’s a huge plus and worth the upgrade cost alone for me. The SC2 has an incredibly direct feel to it and now I have more time for Sim Racing again I’m really looking forward to getting back to some serious hot lapping with this thing. There’s some bold claims that my friend in Oz has made with regards to the couple of tenths he expects me to shave off my lap times … right now I’m thinking he probably wasn’t exaggerating :wink:

With regards to the rest of the settings it’s going to take a lot more time. There’s so much more to play with than with the Bodnar and with my limited running last night I’ve already seen just how much opportunity there is to create very different feeling wheel. What I’m really happy about is that the reconstruction filter at around 8 gives a more muted Bodnar-Esque rubbery feel. That won’t be to everybody’s taste and I’ve already started varying that filter, again dialing this in will take time.

The only negative I’ve stumbled across is the resonance issues reported by others which seem directly affected by the amount of friction filter applied. The motor is noisier in normal operation than the Bodnar but not loud and I can live with that. However the resonance that comes through when driving over curbs is not only an unpleasant sound but is felt through all of my wheels too. I’ve heard this is being looked into and should be fixable with the firmware, very much looking forward to that!

Sorry if I can’t give a more detailed review after one nights running but the added settings available whilst most welcome are a little overwhelming for a Bodnar owner! Can’t wait to get stuck in this week and start unlocking this beasts true potential though :smiley:

9 Likes

Thanks SiPo, think I will have mine Tuesday evening so will hopefully get it mounted and a first drive on Wednesday.

Hopefully you’ll have all the settings worked out by then!!! :slight_smile:

Like Simon I’m coming from an SS2.

1 Like

Thanks for the response!