Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Its a cache issue. I’ve uploaded to a different name to fix it.

1 Like

To bypass previously cached version
https://granitedevices.com/w/images/3/30/Simucube_2_True_Drive_2021.1.zip?1

@Mika
Still running 2020.07 and not sure if the 2021.01 got anything major besides the Torque tuning changes which sounds like something newly introduced.
(Adjust controller tuning to reduce other audible noises from the motor. This will be tuned further based on feedback from this 2021.1 release)
Is there anything else like game auto detect or a newer ui? Or are these only available in the beta?

Game auto detect and other major ui changes are planned once we have the Online Profile management system running in a non beta version.

2 Likes

Is it possible to add an autostart option and minimize to tray to this “offline” version?

Yes. Read the tray icon instructions txt file in the package.

1 Like

About 4 weeks since I have had the SC2Pro and bar sore wrists I am enjoying it. I wish we had some options in the Simucube 2 True Drive where we can extend the “bloody beeping” time. Something like select 15 mins/30/mins/60/mins before it cuts of high torque mode

Basically the only negative feedback I have about this product

1 Like

Just open TRUE DRIVE every time you start SC2 and activate permanently High Torque Mode, you are not at full force if TD is closed

I don’t understand…maybe I expressed it wrongly but High Torque is turned off after a short period and has to be re-enabled in True-Drive.
Also a little bug…quite often I can’t close the Tru Drive Window …its there but basically just the image and have to turn it off by clicking on the TD icon in the taskbar and selecting close.

then you either are on a very old firmware or you didn’t enable auto high torque.

only about 5 weeks old sO I think its new firmware and I cant see in the options anything to engage auto high torque…I assume its there somewhere but I keep missing it

Open the safe-torque dialogue warning, scroll to the bottom…there is a greyed-out timer that will start to count down in the bottom left, once it highlights, tick the box and follow on-screen prompts.

It is easily missed though. Mika should make this more visible imho.

1 Like

even then it took me a few mins to find it and wouldn’t it be better to have it located in the Hardware Settings Tab ( the wheel cog )…thanks again Beano, I think that beer count is up to 11

Haha, all good, Mate, will catch up one day and have a frosty :wink:

hi guys, anybody knows where I can find a sc2 motor side qr hub?
Immagine 2021-04-13 005127
the only thing that I found on sale is the version for Mige motors with a 22mm clamp diameter…does it even exists as a stand alone product?
thanks all

The install shows 2021.4_2 during FW upgrade while zip is 2021.4_3. Was wrong version packed in?
Somehow quality of recent releases went downhill. Is it because of online features distraction?

2 Likes

Just a small issue - I forgot to change it to read _3. Firmware was the same in both, as the issue was only that the restore window position code didn’t work afterall, and one-line fix to the PC application was enough to fix that.

I agree, we should have tested the 2021.1 version more, as it had bad issue with the USB things we added in that release, and the servo drive tuning was in fact more noisy than previously.

The other things that have affected us are just from being busy with major firmware rewrite to facilitate us to develop things that we really can’t yet tell you about :wink:

The USB fix seems to work, great! Just when it started getting on my nerves :slight_smile:

After updated my sc2 pro (rev 2)…It’s me, in my mind or it feels a liitle bit grainy than 2021.1 ?