Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

got an email for batch 9. are these batches just production batches or is there something to look out for in the older ones that one should pay attention to.

because the choice is either buy local who stocks an unknown batch (well unknown to me), or buy online and go through s&h + duties

Sort of depends where you live.
If you live in Europe I would buy from Simracingbay when he had them in stock.

If you live in the USA you could still order from Simracingbay when they have them in stock.
But if you have a warranty issue you have to pay shipping back to Europe.

If you get into a batch order from DSD then I guess if you have a warranty issue you only pay shipping to Florida.

This info is just my opinion of how it works. I do not know how either Simracingbay or DSD work internally.

2 Likes

Seems like SC2 design is getting popular.
“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” :grinning:
https://www.simagicdynamic.com/alpha-wheel-base

You can buy a SC2 Pro bundled with a Simulaje F1S from Augury for that kind of money… (add 100€… but what will the postage cost be?)
The 10M is a rip off Accuforce at the same pricetag.
The Alpha is a GD SC2 Sport/Pro rip-off but more costly (in case of the Sport!) AND with a less better wheel (imho).

Great to have new challengers enter the fray though but good luck to them. (And check those typos, guys!!!) :upside_down_face:

I was abut to post that:P For sure inspired :smiley:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Simucube 2 True Drive software feedback thread

We will release 2020.4 late today or tomorrow. It will fix the grainy feel issue.

However, some of the work we intended to release for 2020.4 is not ready/tested yet so those will be deferred to later release.

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

5 Likes

Great, thanks!

Curious, what was the issue/solution for the grainy?

1 Like

some internal servo drive algorithms fine tuning parameters had a small change that had unexpected changes to some other internal functionality. A difficult issue to find and explain.

6 Likes

Anyone want to try out 2020.4 ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

of course we do!!! send it over

Certo come sempre…

Yup send it :wink: thanks mika

Is there a way to configure buttons on the wireless wheels to any place we want?
I would like to make my own button placements so hot swapping works better for me with the f28 and b16 wheels.

^^ There is a special expensive programmer, but due to costing and support, it is available to resellers only. I am sure you might find a reseller that is willing to configure these for you, though.

Cheers,
Beano

Yes, @Mika please send it :slight_smile:

Yes please, I can feel and hear the graininess so could confirm.

Some more invites to the test have been sent. I hope to release this version today.

3 Likes

Does this version fix the beep bug?

Wireless wheel beeps will follow the audible beeps setting. Any safety related beeps will not, that is not a bug.