Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

Sure ill try the test firmware.

Iā€™ve been using the new FW for a day now.
With standard settings for AC I have the impression the wheel responds quicker (ms level) and the forces have more detail.
What also is great, the option to remove or (re)apply your anon telemetry choise in the menu!
Will have a close eye on 480901

I do find the torq off a bit a bit of a bummer, instead of less beeps I now get more beepsā€¦

1 Like

How so? There are now less beeps, as the wheel will go to standby mode where it will not beep.

1 Like

Iā€™ll happily test the firmware if youā€™re still looking for people, Planning on a full day of iRacing today :slight_smile:

1.0.11 testing seems to be going great so far, and we are waiting for few of the 480901 fault test reports from this version.

However, there are some things regarding the 360 degree fix (mainly testing) and we want to fix one other issue related to wheel angle reading as well - without making compromises in code quality this time - so it has been decided to release the 1.0.12 very soon but still without the 360 degree fix.

4 Likes

So far so good with the test version.

1 Like

Disappointing that the 360 bug isnā€™t getting fixed this time around. It is annoying that nearly every time i fire the base up i have to recentre after enabling high torque. Its forced me into a habit of closing the software after startup and not tweaking the setup because having the wheel yanked out of your hand at maximum force is just not fun, nor safe.

I wont be bothering with this next firmware update until the 360 fix is in as it doesnt have anything for me.

Iā€™ve still never had this 360 bug, Iā€™m not sure why?!

3 Likes

Same as @Si-Po here, but then again Iā€™ve chickened out and stayed on 1.0.7 for months for fear of grazing my delicate little pinky finger :smiley:

1 Like

I am on 1.0.10(was already in the base when I recieved it) and have never had the 360 bug either. (SC2 Pro).

same here on 1.0.10 from day one of Ultimate no issues. no complains only that fault error once in a while but figured out a way to avoid it by turning on TD before the drive. but no issues.

The 360 bug happens to me when I am doing a lot of settings tweaks with any of the filters. It seems random as far as when it will happen and which filter will set it off but it eventually always happens after a certain amount of changes are made. This is generally only when I am setting up a new car for the first time as Iā€™m making lots of small changes. Iā€™ve gotten into the habit of making sure my USB cable has plenty of extra slack as it really stressed it a couple times and I make sure to be extra careful that my fingers are not in or around the wheel spokes/shifters when Iā€™m doing any tuning.

Iā€™m actually trying not to stick my thumbs over wheel spokes at all while drivingā€¦ just try to keep thumb on the rim. Iā€™ve been doing pretty good with removing my hands when heading for a wall, also! But trying not to take chances.

How mutch Chinatec paid you to made that video ? loll

It is not his video!!!

1 Like

By not upgrading, you are actually actively refusing to help us to develop the firmware and software. But of course, it is your choice.

4 Likes

if there are updates for simucube 1 iā€™m ready to do some tests :joy: :wink:

@Mika since you put it that way, I will have to test for you as well :wink:

got an email for batch 9. are these batches just production batches or is there something to look out for in the older ones that one should pay attention to.

because the choice is either buy local who stocks an unknown batch (well unknown to me), or buy online and go through s&h + duties

Sort of depends where you live.
If you live in Europe I would buy from Simracingbay when he had them in stock.

If you live in the USA you could still order from Simracingbay when they have them in stock.
But if you have a warranty issue you have to pay shipping back to Europe.

If you get into a batch order from DSD then I guess if you have a warranty issue you only pay shipping to Florida.

This info is just my opinion of how it works. I do not know how either Simracingbay or DSD work internally.

2 Likes