Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

This end-user has 3 valid hardware related issues which we are working with him to get corrected under manufacturer warranty.

1. PSU issue which is corrected via Simtag and have the PSU unit replaced
  2. Missing SQR pin, corrected via Simtag
  3. SQR parts which were old ones in with the unit which should not have happened. Not going to details with this one, but these SQR rev 2 parts have been shipped to the user.

There are also couple of challenges also which are related end-user expectations that how to manage these as a manufacturer as those differ quite much forexample that how warranty process works and how issues should be solved for him so that it satisfies the said business needs that he has.

I hope that in the end we have a happy customer, however I can also say (unfortunately) that the information he shares on his videos are to a degree one-sided and to a degree biased. I would have no issues sharing the complete discussion publicly that we have had with him, but I am not sure is it allowed under the (new) GDPR law. I can also say that the notions to have lawyer to solve the matter for him came from the youtube video maker and the tone of voice such that if the matter is not solved immediately then he must inform the public in his Youtube videos, this way of communication, e.g. sort of making public pressure towards us if we do not please him does not come from us. We simply cannot have our support and warranty process to work in this matter that we change it in anyway under & in front this sort of behavior because it would not be neutral and uniform towards all customers.

Anyhow we’re working to solve the matter for this company with Simtag and we hope that in the end we have a happy business user for the product that is manufactured by us. At the same time I can say that it is a rare thing that there would’t be even a single unhappy customer for a company when products are sold to large mass of consumers or business users.

10 Likes

Hi Tommi…good post .very well said with concise facts

You can please some of the people all the time, you can please all the people some of the time but you cant please all the people all the time. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, the trouble today is that people have a medium to share their opinion with EVERYONE.

Public forums have created their own monsters, there is no option for manufacturers to correct a mistake and put things right within a reasonable time as the consumer has massive leverage based on access, this leverage is often used to force manufacturers to comply within unreasonable times “or else”…

Most of the complaining done on this and other public forums about GD is that they are not making them fast enough… if this is the No1 complaint, then the occasional consumer having issues with the product… return their monies, refurbish the unit and resell it, its not like you dont have customers waiting…

The magic bullet is recognizing those customers early, before they have an opportunity to poison the well…

1 Like

OK, so looks like there are two options:

• money return if is not too late
  • GD/reseller will change ver.1 on ver.2 but looks like GD/reseller doesn’t want to do that.
    For him the most important is to get ver.2 becouse of the antena and this is what he was order. We all know that some ppl had mis shifting with ver.1 so I understand him. Let’s see what happens next.

Refund the guy and refuse any future service.
Afraid this is the only way to deal with people like this, nothing will ever make them happy no matter how hard you try.

1 Like

Afraid the expectations were set wrong, it was not rev. 2, but batch 2, and if I read Mika’s post right, there could be a mix of antenna and antenna less units in batch 2.

4 Likes

If the external antenna is important to you, you can tell your reseller that you only want such a model, in case you don’t have it, you can wait for another batch to bring it.
I don’t think there can be problems with that.

2 Likes

I think your questions have already been answered in the posts after mine but

@Joe Yes, it is the same person you are referring to.

@Spinelli I don’t have any concerns about the build quality of Simucube supplied PSUs. I was referring to an isolated incident that somebody had with their Ultimate PSU which was quickly resolved.

1 Like

“Most of the complaining done on this and other public forums about GD is that they are not making them fast enough…”

If they’re not making them fast enough, Sure sounds like Granite is pleasing most of the people most of the time! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Ceolmor - I have heard bad stories about Fanatec support before, and sorry you had a bad Fanatec experience, but maybe they are improving. Before I bought my SC2, I used a Clubsport 2.5 with the P1 wheel for a couple months, but began having serious troubles with it. I exchanged emails/videos of my troubles, and a couple days (I’m in US), one of their techs ID’d my problem as broken pins in the wheel/wheelbase connection due to the wheel clamp/bolt being too loose (I looked at the pins but thought the ‘broken pins’ were just not used). They would not warranty, but said they could send me instructions and parts to fix myself. I had a new base cable and a new wheel cable in my hands 1 week after I started having problems. Total cost: $10+ shipping for the 2 cables. Just thought I’d report I had good service and am satisfied after replacing the cables. :slight_smile:

There is an experimental 1.0.11 build available for testing. Note, that it does NOT include the 360 degree fix, that is being worked on before official release.

PM me if you want to test.

EDIT: Prequisite for getting to test this is to allow the new anonymous device data telemetry transmission.

3 Likes

Update: Minor adjustments required before building the test version. Will be up tomorrow for those that want it.

We would appreaciate if there was someone who is getting the 480901 fault at device startup, providing some debug values for us from such user&device would be fantastic.

how do i put my hand up? i get the code often

Hi! Great that you are here! I will PM you tomorrow, around 24h from now.

1 Like

Please sent to me too, Mika :wink: I arrive home from Tokyo in roughly 24hours, so then I can do some testing too.

Cheers,
Beano

Any other takers for the test firmware? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure ill try the test firmware.

I’ve been using the new FW for a day now.
With standard settings for AC I have the impression the wheel responds quicker (ms level) and the forces have more detail.
What also is great, the option to remove or (re)apply your anon telemetry choise in the menu!
Will have a close eye on 480901

I do find the torq off a bit a bit of a bummer, instead of less beeps I now get more beeps…

1 Like

How so? There are now less beeps, as the wheel will go to standby mode where it will not beep.

1 Like

I’ll happily test the firmware if you’re still looking for people, Planning on a full day of iRacing today :slight_smile: