Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

@Mika Do you know how the beeping notification works on the SC2? I just tried out LFS and it was beeping while their FFB was at 60% while in a drift. I had to lower all the way down to 18% game FFB to not clip when doing harsh things.
Does it compensate for recon filter when notifying of clipping? Or does it perhaps take the direct signal. Maybe the lower hz (Though they have 100) could also contribute to more likely beeping?

The clipping notification looks for when the torque setpoint is at the maximum. Recon or other filters have no relationship to this.

If you were in a drift could this infact be the hands off detection? I know in iracing if you have a big snap it can activate. You could try turning it off and re-test.

I disabled hands off detection the first time I powered on the sc2 as I mainly drift, and it messes with that :stuck_out_tongue:
The beeps were a bit weird as it was like a certain “irregular” pattern and not constant which is why I were wondering. But that could be down to the grainyness of LFS’s FFB, even if it doesn’t truly match up with that.

3 Likes

Just started using my simucube2. Is there any chance we could get a full list for all the reasons the simcube2 would beep ? And which ones can be disabled ?

Some of them are in the User Guide already. I think the following beeps are not in the User Guide now:

Initialization finished & wheel ready for use -beep
Wireless wheel beeps (these can be turned off via the audible status notification checkbox)

Idle beep, torque clipping beep, and hands of detection beeps are in the User Guide.

1 Like

Road Runner running away from Coyote beep-beep. :grin:

Wow! Granite is Amazing! :slight_smile:

I was thinking to change my SC1 to SC2 Ultimate soon but today I saw this video and now don’t know what to do… :confused:

This guy is complaining about versions like there are official versions, he is crying about not having an antenna yet he doesn’t say if he has a signal issue, not to mention if he has a wireless wheel. He is complaining about the quick release. none of these were valid for me. don’t miss the external antenna as there are no signal issues. The quick release was needed as I use a Ascher adapter plate and extension hub with Q1R.

so not sure if any of his complains are really issues.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t let that video effect your decision.

Some of his points are valid:
PSU build quality
Missing locking pin

Other points can be solved by questioning and recieving answers before placing your order to ensure you know what you will be recieving:

Will it have the wireless antenna?
Will it have the new quick release?

Points such as how often the motor beeps in low torque mode and the sporadic 360 turning of the wheel are currently being worked on by Mika and should be resolved shortly

I wouldn’t let the bad experience of a single user put you off :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Was that same guy who received his Ultimate and demanded that the beeps be disabled immediately as he ran a professional sim center?

Which turned out to be just his personal rig that he had people over to try etc.

I only watched a few minutes of the video.

1 Like

SC2 PSU build quality is a concern? Really?

I think he had some loose screws on the PSU , it is made by Meanwell… a very well known company… but maybe there QA is not always perfect .

I agree Joe . demanding is not good,asking in a polite way will almost always get results…hmmmmmmmmmmmmm i think that guy is a WHINGER , SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST BORN LIKE THAT

1 Like

The issue with the Ultimate PSU was an assembly error which was not made by MeanWell. It has been rectified now and cannot happen anymore in production.

1 Like

If It’s the guy I’m thinking of ‘he’ should be referred to as ‘they’ :joy:

3 Likes

He had a vid on YT about that prob with the screws…But i stand corrected Mika thanks for the info

Yeah not a good thing to have posted on the forums.

Not that Mirek did anything wrong posting it, but I have gotten tired of people being so negative. If you do not like a product get rid of it and move on.

2 Likes