Simucube 2 Announcement thread

SiPo, I will quickly do a vid with Bogeyman in the F3, just one or two laps, before taking it down again. Used it to test OSW FW fir Mika over the weekend.

Then, I will refit the Ultimate and flash the new FW Mika has developed for SC2 with some exciting Underwood Filter-changes. Will tweak that, then upload with the F3 around the same track.

Not sure it will be beneficial to anyone, but at least I can comment on the Ultimate vs the Bogeyman, which has been my golden std for DD wheels.

Laters, let me have brekkie, then some testing…

Cheers,
Beano

2 Likes

Ok, I have done a few Laps (and lots of talking) in the R3 around Watkins Glen, first with Bogeyman OSW, then with the Ultimate.

I am just busy converting the two videos, then will start uploading. Probably 25-28min worth of driving and waffle, hopefully I don’t bore you to death.

True to form though, I had a pretty scary moment (and a decent save) a couple laps before the end, I have done a slo-mo of it at the end :slight_smile:

Will post a link once I am done with processing and uploading.

2 Likes

Let’s see if this works…

4 Likes

good results with the new filter, I see. :slight_smile: Excellent.

Thanks for that Beano! Surprising how much noisier the Ultimate is than the AKM. Would you put that down to higher FFB run in game or is it a chattier motor like the Lenze?

SiPo: Very low-inertia servo, similar to the Lenze. Of course, with the lower latency electronics, I can make it totally behave the same as the big akm, just have to up the Recon Filter 1 or 2 clicks, or add a bit extra friction and Damping.

I know very many guys prefer the fast active behaviour, I don’t, thus usually I setup the Ultimate for a similar behaviour as the big akm, I just preferred to show the differences at the same Filter-levels.

The main thing here is that zero oscillation at the same torque- and Filter-settings, with the Ultimate being much lower inertia.

That is a feat in itself :slight_smile:
Great work, Mika, that is a pretty good achievement!

1 Like

its a team effort here, I can’t take all the praise anymore! Will need a bit more testing before we can release official 1.0.0 version on our website. However, it is required very soon as the end users are getting hardware shipped…

1 Like

24v for the ultimate. What about sport and pro?

All are 48V, Loukas…

Anyway great teamwork, I did not expect this good result at such low filter-settings :wink:

1 Like

Yeah you know I’m the same as you Beano, I never liked the super active feel, always favoured the Bodnar and AKM’s damped feeling.

Looking forward to being able to replicate that with lower latency :facepunch:t2:

Are we nearly there yet? :joy:

Yep, I remember :wink:

I will work on a good ratio for the settings as a baseline for you guys coming over from the SS2, so you have a good starting-point.

I am just waiting for a Mika to fine-tune the slew-rate Filter, so that I can finalise tweaking it in relation to the Reconstruction Filter. He promised those changes are coming soon, so I will update with those, next video will be with them harmonised.

PS: Of course, it’s got to be remembered, these open-wheelers are pretty active cars, but, even with that in mind, I can get an SS2 feel in the Ultimate with things as is, with reduced latency still, but I would not want to sacrifice to much surface detail for it, thus wanting to fine-tune slew-rate vs Recon ratio.

More later!

1 Like

This is worse then being 8 years old and Christmas is a week away………any news on when the ultimates will ship?

5 Likes

i saw the pictures you uploaded with the 2x 24v mw psu and i thought they were connected in parallel. Seems that they are connected in series.

Yep, they are connected in series for 48V x22A or something such. So ~1kw at 48Vdc output…the Sport uses a single 48V psu, but the alto uses 2x 48Vdc 280W psu’s connected in parallel…

1 Like

So,
Any resellers received there stock from last week’s batch shipment ?
Also,
Any chance of an update on when you expect/hope to ship out this week’s batch please.
Thanks

6 Likes

Beano I would like to see the IndyCar at Sebring please.:):smiley:

Was the pro that you tested at our Finnish friends place as chatty as the Ultimate?

Talk soon,
Joe

1 Like

Can anyone confirm or Deny If a grounding cable is still required for some Wheel PCB’s on Steering wheels ?

Nick, I have not needed one on my setup.

Tested with few different wheels and no issues experienced. But it might also be dependant on the quality of the button-controller in your wheel.

Can do, Joe, will upload a bit later. Tested a new FW for Mika, so ran a few laps in the DW12 around Watkins boot again.