Simucube 2 Announcement thread

Just now doing a final test drive on the 1.0.1 release version.

3 Likes

Jed, are you able to give us any updates in regards to your stock situation?

Thanks.

1 Like

I know they are in poland that’s all

Thanks for the update.

So June looks more likely then :thinking:

1 Like

mika
The first public version of Simucube 2 True Drive software should not be released today?

yes, it will be released today still :slight_smile: see https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

1 Like

Mika, excuse my ignorance but I was reading the known issues in your link and it mentions a temporary wheel centerpoint.

Why would such a thing be needed?

It is due to utmost respect to reliability. The STM microcontrollers are only certified for 10000 times of writes, so there is a desire to limit that somewhat. However, nobody has ever managed to break a Simucube 1 this way either…

1 Like

Delivery schedule - updated 24.5.2019

• All pre-ordered Simucube 2 Pro and Sport units have been shipped out from factory to the official Simucube resellers during this week. Depending on location and reseller’s shipping methods, we expect pre-orders to be delivered to the Simucube Drivers between 29th May and 7th June
  • Due to paramount amount of details ramping-up Simucube 2 Ultimate production with full custom 1 kW power supply, SC2 Ultimate will be delayed for about two weeks from the original schedule. We expect all pre-ordered SC2 Ultimates to be shipped out from factory to resellers by 7th June, and the deliveries to customers shall happen within 1-2 weeks after the factory shipment.

The status will be updated in this site twice per week to reflect with the latest changes and events in production.

Update 27.5.2019

Schedule from 24.5. stays valid. We have got preliminary info of last few SC2 Ultimate parts that we’re still waiting to arrive on-time.

About the confusion

Simucube Team acknowledges that the team has sent out some preliminary and mixed information about shipping dates to our resellers before the official launch of simucu.be site. Some of this early information may have ended up in the reseller web stores causing some confusion. The official delivery estimate for pre-orders is “May” as stated on simucu.be. The great thing is that we’re pretty close meeting that goal. It is likely that many of the pre-orderer’s will get their Pro and Sport during May. The biggest exception is the approximately two week delay SC2 Ultimate. The whole Simucube team is working hard to ensure minimum wait times and shortages of all SC2 models.

There is nothing about a delay for the second batch, instead it says " The biggest exception is the approximately two week delay SC2 Ultimate."

Two weeks for the Ultimate, not two months for the Pro and Sport .

Bloodyhell,
Estonia to Poland in 4 days.
Have they sent then via Donkey(lol)

Revan
I haven’t found nothing official regarding the 2 month delay on the website or facebook either.

The early communications to resellers from us was “in June at the earliest”. However, to maximize quality of the products, and based on the latest information about when we are going to receive shipments of some long-lead parts for the next batch, the June batch will be smaller than expected. As we do not know the exact dates yet, and based on the experience of the time it took to build the products, quality assurance, and to ship products from us to resellers to consumer for this first batch, the timeline shifts more towards the end of June.

In another words, the announced date on some reseller’s websites is more “if you order now” -date (August batch). We are not ruling out that batch earlier, and resellers have already orders in for products that can be produced ASAP (June batch) when we get the parts.

1 Like

That’s weird. Tomo always wrote me off in a few hours.

1 Like

Can we have more information o that wireless wheals, what can be done and limitations for diy? encoders,leds, scrins? links with already available to buy wheals?

Wireless wheel system is documented on our wiki (includes supported devices.)
https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_wireless_wheel_system

Limitations for DIY is that the default pin configuration can’t be changed.

Wheels are available from Ascher Racing and Simtech Racing. There will be more soon.
https://www.ascher-racing.com/
https://www.simtechracing.co.uk/web-shop/wireless-wheels/?Page_ID=3610&refpid=83177&id=785179

1 Like

Thank Mika
So from a look of it analog clutch, shift lights and screens are impossible with this system?

Screens will be unsupported, as doing such high power consuming devices with any kind of suitable integrated battery would limit the usage time to a few hours at the most. It would not be a care-free ‘just works’ system anymore.

We are considering a next version of the wheel side module at the moment. List on what to include are two analog inputs for clutch paddles + bite point setup for that somehow, and maybe, just maybe a few shift leds. However we are listening for additional features that could be useful.

1 Like

We have set up a new News and Updates thread here:
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/simucube-2-news-and-updates/2663/2

I made some updates to this post, now it is like I meant to say it, to avoid some confusion.