Simucube 1 vs simucube 2

I did try those.:grinning: Alex has been doing a nice job with the cars he has done though. Its come a long way since the last time I played it.

Can we please stay on topic.
Thanks

All improvements, especially those that are related to game compatibility, will be done for Simucube 1 firmware. Also, when we get game developer making a profile for Simucube 2, we will insist on it being made for Simucube 1 as well.

6 Likes

Simucube 1 has been out for 3 years. Do we have any titles with official Simucube profile?
Have you already started working with any game studios on official support for your new wheel?
So far our our only luck was with anything supporting generic DirectInput wheel (hope SC2 still support that mode and does not need special driver), which is disadvantage when it comes to titles like Forza, WRC, etc, even DR2, D4 did not support it out of the box without hacking config files.

Any plans for telemetry based FFB like in AccuForce, that would be a real game changer that can tip consumers in favor of your wheel over more widely recognized Fanatec.

1 Like

rFactor 2 detects the SC1 wheel as a Simucube and has an official profile, containing a number of optimisations proposed by the community.

1 Like

Many game developers have said that due to there not being manufacturer support, it would be difficult to make profiles. Also, the problem has been that we haven’t been able to supply game developers with demo units, as we don’t manufacture working systems. This will of course change with Simucube 2 and its unified hardware and manufacturer support.

But I can say it again: Simucube 1 product ID’s and documentation will be given to the game developers as well.

4 Likes

Hopefully the guys at Sector 3 will be one of the first to get a demo unit seeing they are showing interest.

RaceRoom Experience is one of hardest sim to tweak for Direct Drive. But we at SIMFAI made it well with SC1, but with WTCR car it was very twitchy and snappy. However, with similar settings on SC1 ported over to SC2 sports it works like a magic. Very nice to drive car in fact. Why so… its because of SC2 FFB consistency makes the counter steering very spot on and precise. I have recorded a short video of me driving at Zolder track. Posted on my FB page.

1 Like

how is this different from any other product you buy?

your old PC can’t run the modern games. your old car, is not compatible with the new entertainment systems. even your old phone doesn’t work with the latest software.

things progress. new products are developed. life moves forward.

how is this any different?

1 Like

Was it different for Leo’s SimSteering Systems and Accuforce, both have manufacturer’s support and are closed plug and play systems.
I don’t believe they enjoyed better support from game devs then Simucube.
Kind of indirectly related question, how many annual sales for the new SC2 do you expect and how many, if it’s not a commercial secret, SC1 boards were sold to date.

This is not a problem for sc1 players who have been using a year or about, but it is a bad time for who have just bought the sc 1(including me). If the GD team announces that it will launch sc2, perhaps more buyers will choose to wait, rather than just being abandoned soon after arriving home. Asking the GD team to make a commitment is responsible for the new player who just starts sc1.

Strange… your arguments could be valid (a little) if SimuCUBE would have reached a finished state but it will be replaced at a time when it was in a rather early stage of development.

I hope now that all the promises that Mika already made are not only meant for to calm down the disappointed proportion of the SimuCUBE users.

1 Like

Force feedback from the future.

Future proof, modular solution.:partying_face:

2 Likes

how is it not finished? what’s left to do?
it’s already the best out there. they just forgot to bump the version number to 1.0

I’am still waiting for an answer on how I will be able to mount my current shaft clamp of the MiGe Motor (22mm shaft) to the new SC2 motor shaft (24mm shaft). Will the clamping part of the SQR be removable so i can mount the 70mm plate i currently have bolted to the 22mm shaft clamp to the 24mm clamp of the SC2 motor?

Realy hoping for an answer since I seem to be one of the few not salty people who is looking forward to upgrade to the SC2, allthough i will not be an early adopter since i don’t do much Sim-Racing during summertime

Honestly If you purchased an SC1 you probably, at the moment, are not missing much, in fact if you want a high powered unit without an extraordinary price the SC1 is your only real option at the moment as every other system tops out at 25Nm. So as it is right now if you bought a Large Mige SC1 you are in pretty good shape… Now the 20Nm SC1 may be a little different as you are surrounded by new stuff but even at that you got a little more at the moment for less money.

Now in the future the products will probably diverge further but there are going to be things that the SC1 can do that the SC2 and every other unit on the market will still not be able to do (such as allow you to change your servo) Granity if you are technically inclined allows for some Cogging and ripple compensation that are set at the factory for the SC2 so someone could get that set and possibly improve the SC1 with certain Servos a bit further (if that is even an issue)… But the SC1 is really in a way different than the SC2 in some ways Better in some ways maybe worse in others being that it won’t be able to take advantage of some software advantages.

Is that official GD position as well, that is no separate SC2 controller that you can just plug into SimuCube board? Or may be the whole board to replace SC1.

It does say future proof in the sense that there would be firmware development. And there is. And continues to be.

3 Likes

Guess im going to find out how much better the ultimate is. I just ordered it. Should be interesting coming from the large mige.

2 Likes

SC2 sport beats small and large mige out of box :slight_smile: I have tested sport and compare. You will be happy person soon. Enjoy !!

1 Like