Simucube 1 vs simucube 2

Id be happy if they just shipped mine knowing the firmware and software might not be ready for a little bit. At least id have it when it is ready .Im not worried about GD getting it done. Now if was another company it would be a different story.

1 Like

Hi Beano my house does not have any earth wiring at the wall outlet …my sc1 is earthed with the copper rod system wire to motor and to the PSU and no problems…Thinking of upgrade to SC2 PRO can run my earth wire to the front bolts on the motor.But can not earth the PSU as they are plastic . Would this be a problem if the 2 PSU are not grounded…regards Denis

I think though that for the psu ground to work you need to connect it to a grounded wall socket.

Hi Loukas I think the only way to ground the psu would be if i spliced into the psu cable and attached my earth cable , to the earth wire …regards denis

Thanks for the YouTube clip Beano. Has anyone else reviewed yet?

Do you know when you’ll be shipping to suppliers?

According to Mika it should be very soon:

“Fanatec started encrypting communication between wheel base and rims, so not sure you want spend time developing support for that.”

Wont be a problem very soon keep an eye on Sim racing machines Web site!!

You got some inside information on it?

Hes making replacement boards to replace the encrypted ones. If all goes well they should be available by the end of June.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. Makes me think I’ll wait for a while until more choices open up.

Yes. I ordered my converted Fanatec Formula v2 from SimRacingMachines a while back. Looking forward to receiving it soon.

That’s great to hear Ippai. Need to send Simon an email then soon.

Hi all,

first of all congrats to GD Team on launching SC2! Great to see the evolution, all started with OSW. I’ve gone through the whole thread now and can’t understand the frustration here of some users.

I was starting to follow the OSW development right in the beginning where all was based on the Argon setup from Bernhard resulting in that I’ve build my own OSW back then. Beano posted a great history timeline above if you are interested in more detail.

What I want to share here is, that I’m still running that OSW DIY build with Argon as a base and mmos as Firmware. And you know what? It is still running smooth in every Sim and on every race I have a big smile on my face and I don’t see why this should not be possible for SC1 users as well for the next years to come. You are even in a better position with the statements here from GD that you are still getting updates, which is not the case for mmos.

Long story short my perspective is: Your investment is still valid and you are part of a community/user group using one of the best DD wheels in the market. Hope you can enjoy that fact a little more and have fun on the race track, because that’s what OSW or SC can provide every lap :slight_smile:

Take care!

11 Likes

Hello
Can you say the name of the manufacturer of the motors if it is not a secret?

It is a secret that we will not disclose. They are also custom manufactured for us.

2 Likes

Could someone tell me if you notice the change from Simucube1 to Simucube2?

In what would win?

because I do not find clear experiences in this change.

I have the top of range of SC1, 4.2million and 30nm.

Thank you very much in advance.

I have the pro now 3 days. Not enough time to give a final judgment. So far I don’t see or feel any added value.

5 Likes

that is really my biggest fear at the moment, I really don’t want to find I’ve been waiting 2 whole months without any wheel after I’ve sold my OSW and find I could have kept it all along (and by the way, I have one more reason to say this because I’ve moved from a 20nm OSW to the Sport SC2 model…which I am really not deeply convinced will be that much better). We’ll see…but not before another month and a half apparently…

1 Like

Start playing with the filters, adjust it to your liking, use it for a week or two, then switch back to OSW and we’ll talk again :slight_smile:

Guaranteed you will notice a significant improvement using the SC2. Unless of course, you’re one of those preferring totally unrealistic forces and running without any filters whatsoever. Even in that case, reduction in latency makes for a better experience.

Cheers,
Beano

5 Likes

“One of those”:joy: Some of us like hand massages once a day …