Simucube 1 and Automobilista 2 settings

Yeah I use that custom ffb settings too, little modified gain, fx and stuff and cant describe how much I enjoy the sim now. Its really different than any other sim in the market with the content we have there, pure racing experience. I think the bummer will come when they release gt3 pack in the summer and there will be need for Spa, Monza, Nurburgring and other tracks for fully immersive experience. Even for online, how good will be to have this and have clean races, mind blowing :slight_smile:
About new ffb, I tried it and it`s a step forward even more but I like this custom ffb settings, get accostumed to them quickly. Reiza put real quality here every track and car is really unique, not to mention that tracks that are included in AMS 2 are most enjoyable to race compared to same tracks on other sims. Really want to see where this title will be after 2-3 months from now becouse every new update is step forward. We are here to share settings and stuff and of course enjoy the sim! Why not even make our online league maybe for clean races :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thoughts on the recent update patch?
Is it going in the right direction, is the FFB better?

Although there was no mention of FFB updates in the patch notes, some are reporting reduced “Jolts” with DD-wheels. I think they are right but, I may still prefer the LexxVR custom FFB over the “New Default” although, the gap is not wide. I think the custom preset allows for better road-detail tuning and more detail near center.

Thanks for the reply!
Have you tried PCars2 with same car/track back to back with AMS2 for a comparison?
I’m still on the fence with this title and trying to find reasons to overcome my hesitance.

The main driver for me is the VR performance is great, and I only race in VR.
Multiplayer will most likely end up in forum league land, as has ACC - this is where iRacing just murders the competition because there are very real ramifications for intentional wrecking etc.

Thanks again.

I haven’t tried MP at all with AMS2 or ACC but, no doubt that iRacing is (and likely to remain) king in that regard.

VR is indeed really good in AMS2 (Rift CV1 here). The day / night transitions, lighting, and other effects shine through with AMS2 much as they do in Pcars2 so, not much more to say.

Car Handling: I feel like Reiza have improved the car handling and FFB significantly over PC2. If I have a complaint in that regard, it’s that the cars generally handle too good (are too stable) but, most of the handling quirks evident in PC2 are not an issue in AMS2 for me (keeping in mind the WIP nature of EA). Compared to AMS1 handling, the margin of operating on the very edge of control is more refined in AMS1 than it is in AMS2 imo.

AMS2 FFB: It’s very good already and may receive a few more minor updates. Depending on the steering system used, reports tend to vary. But, the flexible nature of the Madness engine allows for different profile settings that should be able to suit most players. For example, there are some custom profiles (user-made) that work well for me but, the current default options are good too.

AI: Reiza are making good progress in the area of AI behavior. After having re-written some of the AI code, they have managed to solve some of the most persistent issues evident in PC2-AI. Of course this is very WIP and takes time but, steady progress is being made.

Weather: The car-handling in rain conditions seems better in AMS2 to me (over PC2) although, probably not up to ACC levels in some ways but, promising results none the less, imo.

If you have the patience to deal with the WIP nature of EA titles, I’d say give AMS2 a try while keeping one eye on the Steam refund window. If you are disappointed, you can always take the refund and wait to try it again later.

Having known how Reiza do things, I’ve been all-in from the start and think AMS2 shows great promise. I have no regrets so far. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you!
Might just pick it up today.
At least we know that VR works really well, and that’s never gonna happen in ACC
:slight_smile:

Found out that Displayfusion was interfering. Once shut off, the side monitor height corrections seem to have effectt, but still alignment is wrong. Either the horizon is projected too high or low or the wheel. Definitely a graphical bug in AMS. Still not fixed in v1.0. Dissapointing.

do we have any basic settings for adjusting the steering wheel?

I just bought it :grimacing:

thanks

Here’s the settings I use currently:
SimuCube FW

• Overall Strength: 80%
  • Force Recon Filter: 5
  • TBW: Unlimited
  • Damping: 10%
  • Friction: 5%
  • Inertia: Off
  • Static Force Reduction: Off

AMS2 FFB Settings / Default FFB Profile

• Gain: 30%
  • LFB: 0-3%
  • FX: 50%
  • Damping: 0
  • DirectInput Effects: Not Used

Reiza suggests we use the in-game Damping instead of Damping in the wheel settings. I’ve not had very good results with that so far but, will try again later.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting these! I haven’t been able to use my sim rig in weeks but finally got it set back up and tried some of the new content last night. The FFB felt nothing like it did when I last played it and not in a good way.

As AMS2 really is still WIP, there may be periods where the FFB changes due to physics related updates.

At some point, Reiza will re-tune the FFB output to the target standard again. In the meantime, there are many “Custom” ffb-profiles that are user-configurable for those who have some experience.

Triple screen issue fixed, for more info: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/another-triples-issue.9960/page-2

Any tips with the latest update?
I’ve actually got really nice FFB now, just missing some feel around centre or as force drops off with understeer. Any thoughts?
I’m on small mige. In game;
Gain - 40
LowFFB- 20
Damping - 50

Using recon filter 6

Thanks

Your settings are similar to mine. I find the Default ffb profile working better again.

You may find the best solution for the center-feeling is in a custom ffb file. I tried a recent one by Karsten and it did provide more detail around center than default.

Where might I find Karsten’s settings you refer to?
Thanks.

Karsten’s Thread Here

AMS2 (Reiza) forums.

2 Likes

hello guys. I see this thread is one year resting but I have a question and maybe someone can help. I tried AMS 2 again after all the updates and I must say I was dissapointed from the ffb. It was much better before their “overhaul” of physycs and ffb. Thing is steering wheel is very lively, jumps like crazy at every bump on the road, also while exiting the corner, wheel is fighting me like car is very nervous. I get this is raw feedback but is not realistic to feel that forces in cars with electronic steering wheel. Also I get oscilations while standing, I can kill them but I loose much more details. However I can tinker with that and find sweet spot, my main issue is when entering the corner and start to steer the wheel is dead, absolutely… I start to get ffb when starting to exit from the corner and these situation begin described above about wheel fighting me. Does anyone managed to get ffb good through all corner?
Tried latest rFuktor custom ffb but this make the oscilations even worse.
Thanks

Sounds like you use apply enough Damping but, there are some things to be aware of:

When using AMS2 Default & Default+ FFB, the in-game Damping should be used. The default setting of 50% is a good starting point but, I have used it between 60-100% (0% Damping in TD) but, still adding some Friction in TD. Also, those presets work best with higher LFB so again, the default setting of 50% is a good starting point.

Forget traditional DD-wheel tuning practices with these (Default / Default+) presets, follow the recommended settings and you should achieve better results.

When using a AMS2 “Custom” FFB file, be aware of how the in-game Damping is applied (as noted within that particular file). Sometimes it’s for Damping, sometimes it works like Power-Steering but, results are not good without enough Damping applied (one way or another), in my experience with AMS2.

Also, there are some known issues with the current release where some bump effects are getting amplified when using “Custom ffb” files so, you may find new versions being developed to remedy those issues, as we speak.

Thanks for reply. Yeah I know what you are saying. I am aware of all that. I know what damping does in default and default+, also on rfuctor custom ffb but the thing is as I said, when entering corner I can’t feel any feedback, wheel is like dead, no load, nothing simple emptines of force. I guess this is Reiza issue, don’t know… before these overhaul updates ffb and physics were much better, I mean like year ago. Now cars feel like boats on wheels. Ams1 was one of the best ffb games with rf2. Really shame for us dd users, maybe fanatec and accuforce have some profiles ready and I see all these positive reviews on youtube.

I can get loads of detail with many of the custom-ffb files. I have to ask though; sure you are not experiencing clipping? The output levels among either ffb-type / car and vary quite a bit and what you describe sounds like it could be.

As for the Default / Default+ profiles, those have indeed had details reduced recently. They work okay overall but, lack the detail I prefer.

I don’t feel like the cars feel floaty or anything, may be time for a hard reset by deleting the car-setups folder and the Controller-settings file, and custom-ffb, too.

Starting with fresh controller-settings files has solved similar case-reports for others so, may be worth a try. I find some of the recent custom files to remind me of rF2-ffb but, with a few more effects.