Simucube 1 and Automobilista 2 settings

then why Reiza decided to include all cars at this stage, why didn’t they just released the ones that were near a finished stage? imho quality is always more important than quantity, just like Kunos did with ACC when still in EA they released 1 car and 1 track at every update…might have been wiser for Reiza maybe

Hi, I can`t find this post on Reiza forum. Where is it?

Thanks,

I won’t speculate as to Reiza’s decision to release as they have. They know they’ll have to endure the “slings and arrows” that come from this approach. There is always going to be more demanded by the community - no matter what they do.

For example, as good as ACC is, I’m not happy with the FFB, nor the lack of dynamic drive-train modeling. I still supported development of ACC financially but, I don’t play the title - other than the rare 20-minute session to see what’s new.

The good news for you is that Reiza is totally fair with those who feel they are not getting what’s promised. Just ask Reiza for a full refund and problem solved. Then you can wait to see how things play out over time and decide later. I wish I had that option with some other titles.

3 Likes

thx, it worked. Set up triple screen, one thing I think is a bug: the FOV setting ingame: With my widescreen triples I would expect a horizontal angle of view of around 180 degrees but setting the FOV there to that value certainly doesn’t result in the correct view. So once I set it to my side monitor angles (in my case 60 degrees) it results in a correct FOV.

1 Like

After more playing I’ve decided that it depends largely on which cars you test drive… some cars are pretty rubbish - some are so insanely fun on the handling and well sorted. I’m guessing this is because they’re still dialling everything in. So I have a lot of hope on this title

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback.
After being very disappointing with ACC I will wait this one out, especially as iRacing is really where I spend most of my sim racing time.

which cars do you find the best to drive and more refined all around?

The P cars feel pretty good, although I’ve done most my time in the p3 - I still think they could be refined further, but they’re so much fun.

Also the f3 has proven great fun too.

Anyone else get some crazy oscillations with some cars when sitting in the garage and/or pits?

That can happen in Pcars2 but, I’ve had very minimal oscillation in AMS2 and only when turning LFB higher (50%+).

What are your Friction / Damping settings? I’m using 0.8% Friction / 1.5% Damping (Not Direct Input).

They were similar to yours but a little less so I just bumped them up. I have the Recon filter at 1.

My settings (AMS2 v0.8.2.0+)

SimuCube1 @100% Output (20Nm / Small Mige)

• Recon-Filter: 6-8
  • Friction: 0.8%
  • Damping: 1.5%
  • Direct-Input effects not used by AMS2

AMS2

• Gain (30-40%) Balance with LFB.
  • LFB (15-25%) At zero, high-end forces may be exaggerated.
  • FX (15-25%) may become harsh above 30%.

Gain / LFB combined: Has the effect of narrowing the FFB range to normalize forces to some extent. Very strong spikes during hard cornering+high (suspension) loads may be solved by increasing LFB / lowering Gain to reduce those extreme forces.

6 Likes

What overall strength are you running in Simucube?

See my revised post.

2 Likes

please a screenshot it will help us a lot

Reiza solved an issue with the Fast Dampers that seems to addess some of the handling issues. I tested the beta last night and was pleasantly surprised with both the car-handling and FFB improvements.

Note: Increasing LFB can act as a range-limiter in combination with lowering the Gain.
If you experience strong spikes in FFB during hard cornering+high suspension-load, increasing LFB & reducing Gain can help.

Overly sensitive brakes seems to be mostly a non-issue now but, some players report that re-calibration of the pedals may solve it in some cases.

IMPORTANT : In order to ensure you completely reset your build to the latest changes, it´s strongly recommended to delete your MyDocs/Automobilista 2 settings folder and start anew".

1 Like

Hello guys. Maybe stupid question becouse I know what kind of machinery Mige motor is but anyway… I use reconstruction filter 1 in AMS 2 and other titles too becouse of the details, now in AMS 2 we can feel the motor from the car rumbling which is insane mixed with other stuff from the ffb, my question is, can this stuff cause damage to the mige motor becouse I feel like tooths from the motor like they are more stressed than other sims? thanks :slight_smile:

I don’t think you have to worry about breaking the motor but, I’m using Recon-filter at 8 with AMS2. Even lowering it to 5 or 6 makes the FFB too harsh.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply :slight_smile: I am using custom ffb and really cant go back now, even the "new default" ffb isnt this good for me. This game gives pure adrenalin, my gt1 rig have little vibratuions from the motor of the car, I can feel that rumbling in pedals also. Adrenalin all over the place :smiley:

I’ve tried LexxVR’s custom FFB and I like that but, haven’t tried it with the latest update.

I think Reiza may need to provide a FFB preset just for DD-wheels to get best results because preferred settings vary so much among different hardware users. As long as we have the option to use a custom profile, there should be something available that works good for us.

1 Like