Simucube 1 and Automobilista 2 settings

Can you please share your current settings for in-game and what custom ffb file/settings you are using?

Regarding resetting the AMS2 settings, should I delete the AMS2 folder in MyDocs, and any other files within the main installation (Steam) director to get back to baseline?
Thanks!

Regarding file deletion, you should delete car-setups, the ffb_custom_settings file, and the default.controllersettings.sav file. It will require that you setup your controllers again but, also eliminates possible file corruption issues.

The custom profile I use is the latest version by Kuku (fFuktor 5.0.1.3), or the one by Karsten is mostly the same. Kuku’s version has some very minor tweaks to the Tear & Scrub effects.

This custom profile uses the in-game Damper (as do the defaults) so, I use the following settings: AMS2:

• LFB: 3%
  • Damper: 50%
  • FX: % to preference

SC2 TrueDrive settings:

• Rotation: 1280
  • TBW: 2200 - unlimited
  • Recon Filter: 1-2
  • Damping: 12%
  • Friction: 10%
  • Slew Rate Limit: 3.57
  • Direct Input settings at default.

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much!
I don’t have an SC2 (still small MiGe setup), so should I change anything to account for not having ‘Slew Rate Limit’?
Where do I find ‘car-setups’ or the ‘default.controllrsettings.sav’ files?
UPDATE: Found ‘default.controllrsettings.sav’ in C:\Users<username>\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\368580747\automobilista 2\profiles - can’t find ‘car-setups’ though?

What are the default Direct Input settings on your AMS2 profile?
What about your max force in SC? Do you have the 25nm unit?

I thought the setups were in the same folder set where controller files are but, I don’t see them there either(?) If you haven’t made setup changes since the previous update, I don’t think it matters.

SC1 settings should be pretty similar but, Slew Rate is useful to fine tune some bump-response. A bit of additional friction could be used to compensate or reduce FX.

I’m using the Sport (17Nm) / 65% SC2 Strength / 65% Gain in AMS2.

I don’t think the Direct-Input settings matter other than possibly, static force at stand-still (may be tied to the Damping channel). Other ffb effects are derived through physics or integrated into the custom files.

1 Like

Thanks Dean!
I read that for AMS2 the static force reduction slider should be set to ‘off’?

I wasn’t referring to that slider, just the stationary resistance force when parked. The Direct Input Damping may be used for that effect like it is in AC.

I hope the info is useful.

1 Like