Simtronix SinCos Encoder with Small Mige and SimuCube

Working it… Will try and make it an almost tight connection for the cable (simtronix) not sure about others…

3 Likes

I must say, looking pretty sweet!!

You can always instruct to tighten a ziptie around the cable, inside the 3D printed casing, to provide strain relief.

Hopefully encoder arrives today and I can begin finalizing measurements,

1 Like

Ok installed the encoder, updated the Granity settings, went 64 x 921K interpolation for CPR, saved reset etc, motor indexes fine but the moment I move the wheel I get a motor fault… What am I missing ? ERN480 3600

Ok was exceeding velocity, what do you guys run as a fault limited here

Just up it to a point where you go past 6 rev/s and problem will disappear. All FEV settings here will be different, depending on encoder.

Cheers,
Beano

Slow hands Beano… was thinking about 10/s for the indycar corrections… too much boerewors in the veins I think !! LOL, thanks will up it some more then. Happy Thankksgiving.

:smile:

Yeah, I’m running 17rev/s here, just to avoid any possibility I’m that quick still at 50…hehe.

To much boerewors and beer in my vains, I think - you’re right there!

Let me know how it goes, glad you’re up and running.

ps: The DW12 indeed is an animal…almost killed me this afternoon testing a real 40NM output on my servo…glad I survived…

1 Like

Basically once I had installed the encoder the previous drawing was null and void, this thing is totally different, so back to the drawing board (literally), this is the unfinished (fillets and shaping) which I am photo printing now to test fit.

3 Likes

Cover is looking sweet.

Fresh off the printer, needs some adjustments but almost there

7 Likes

nice work and its a goo looking print

I had to extend the “box” a little to allow for easier fitting.
It lines up, can use the original screws that came with the mige.
Cable outlet is designed for the Simtronix supplied connector.
Its an 11hour print, in PLA. I am using silver because I have a lot of it, with 20% infill and 0.2mm print density its about 40 meters of product.
If you request Print a thing or other services to print the stl file its around $40.00 cost plus shipping.
If you want me to print it for you, I will do it for $30 and ship it, if you have your own printer, I will send you the STL file.

I can’t upload the video, but it just slips over the encoder and screws in.

I would love a cover. Would prefer if you can print it. Let me know where to send the money. PayPal?

Sounds like a good job for the Megaprinter in our University hobby club:

With its 0.8mm nozzle and 0.5mm layer height, the prints are a little rough, but manageable. Those in Finland who are interested, please contact me or write to this thread.

0.8 may be a bit rough… PM me email I will send you the STL

Hi Drizute would love you to print me a cover. I am in Australia. Let me know details for cost and freight and will send to you. Thanks

a number that = about 6 rev/sev

Thanks was still getting an occasional error so upped it to 7 now all good.