Simcube Pedal price

But don’t you wonder about the features of the pedal? I find this entire thread a bit… odd? We’re talking high performing eracing tech here. How could one say whether “Euro 6’246 full set” is correct or not without fully having a grasp for the performance characteristics? The only disconnect here, not with you but with many who solely focus on price as if it’s a negative connotation aka i’m speaking generally, is that those not in the market who feel priced out are not actively researching how the pedal performs. Therefore, naturally it’s a perfect blend of those who feel priced out who simultaneously aren’t informed on the benefits of the tech. This understandably doesn’t create a positive feeling for said customer. But IMO if one were to have an issue with the price, you owe it to the product to understand what it does, first.

E.g., am I surprised the 2022 Lamborghini Countach is north of 2 million dollars? Of course not. Because I love the car and know what’s in it and how hard it is to acquire. Better example - owning a previous era NLR rig am I upset seeing their Elite series come out with a higher price tag? No because it’s a better rig. It doesn’t dilute my rig.

I am totally priced out of this pedal system currently and don’t plan to be inside its window ever but personally I see it as a very good thing. Simucube has always been about upstream, uncompromising performance. To see a small company chasing to be first benefits all the downstream loyal customers. Not only is this product an item that can exist as an upsell as we all continue to race with them so we have entirely different, meaningful technology to invest in when we can, but also it’ll give them a product that surely has a better margin to improve their bottom line in order to invest back into the entire lineup and improve their entire portfolio. I’d rather see the brands I invest in really dive into advancing the category than dumping out inferior products competing with 5-10nm into an ever-saturating marketing competing with companies with significantly larger budgets/manufacturing solutions. Never try to ‘out-Walmart’, Walmart. You lose. Simucube isn’t for entry level - so I love seeing them working things on the other end. Who knows - maybe they are using this as a spring board into their own pedal lineup which they’ll trickle down all the learnings from this launch and package up a different price tier of pedals. That frankly doesn’t sound unreasonable to me.

Idk - sorry for the ramble mate that wasn’t at you or anything at all whatsoever. I just found myself thinking about all the way this could result into new hardware down the road!

1 Like

I wait what @Alfye20 has to say about the pedal. If he is satisfied and happy, then I have a bottom line I can rely on.
I use these effects more for immersion at the moment, and I’m still happy with the performance, precision and functionality of the redesigned BJ pedals.
It’s also depending on the needs one has. Actually I would spend the money for a 2 pedal set (± Euro 4’500, plus plate, shipping (is it free?) and import fees) for a totally new PC with all the best parts available.

It’s a natural human reaction to try and convince oneself that what one can’t afford is not needed or not better than what one can afford.

Note: I can’t justify the expense either, but I can see the theoretical benefits.

I suspect any negative reaction is fundamentally based on the underlying premise that someone touched on above - albeit facetiously: How can ONE pedal require an investment above the entire direct drive unit? As they put it, can it possibly have more tech in it than the company flagship product?

Obviously I do not know nor can I speak for anyone, but I felt it was asked rhetorically when in reality, this seems like an obvious “yes”. From what I know about the pedal, it’s lightyears beyond anything on the market. People think it downgrades what they own when we should look at these pedals as an entirely new category - which they are. Totally get though how someone could think that. I’d give anything to test that pedal haha.

1 Like

I would really love to know more about the difference, especially about the performance aspects. Or better, about the potential the pedals have to perform better as a driver.
I love fancy high-tech products. But there should also be an added value. I can simulate ABS effect with a rumble motor, I can simulate wheel slip and lock too. But the Simucube pedals do it maybe differently, better. This would be interesting to know.
They are maintenance free, but other pedal sets also don’t need it, except a bit of cleaning maybe.
What is it, in your opinion, what makes this huge difference?

From my point of view, there’s way too much focus on ABS and other effects in these discussions. The way I see it, the main benefit of active pedals is continuous adjustability. There is just nothing else on the market that comes close in granularity. It’s limited combinations of springs or elastomers vs moving a slider on a continuous scale. In addition, you have more configuration channels. In particular, stiffness and travel are completely decoupled and independently configurable. With other sets, you have (at best) 2-3 options for travel, and they are coupled with braking force.

So it really comes down to how much you’re willing to pay for configurability. For me it just doesn’t make sense, but for a pro/semi pro driver I can see how it could make sense. If it allows a driver to come very close to the feel oh his car, then it’s a very valuable tool for training. Did you watch the video in the post linked below?

I recently got Fanatec CSL Elite V2 pedals. They’re nice, much nicer than the previous version, and I can see why they got outstanding reviews. But does the brake pedal feel anything like the brake pedal in a real car? Well, no, not even close (at least based on the cars I’ve driven). And, to be honest, that’s a distraction. It breaks the immersion. So yes, if my budget was unlimited I would get at a couple of active pedals, and a new rig as well because they wouldn’t fit on my rig. And maybe a new house with a larger sim studio. etc.

1 Like

Endless potential!

Im using only one AP for the brake, so dont know how they behave in the other 2 scenarios but acting like a brake pedal is awesome.

The abillity to config the pedal as you want, is a perk that not even real drivers have in their cars.

In my case, that perk plus different profiles for any car types is what i ever want for the brake pedal. So it was a must buy for me.
Then the gas… I can’t justify that price for the gas as it, Im happy with the classic HE design.
Clutch… Maybe a future buy for that scenario, but only thinking about it just make me rethink twice because is a lot of money to invest in a “gimmick” that am I going to use on rare occasions, and does not produce the same benefits as a good brake. So money Vs time is another no go for me.

AP brake pedal is magic and ABS effect gives the advantage to worth what it costs

2 Likes

Thanks bro! The most benefit is in the brake, which I assumed. Since BJ redesigned its F1 brake to the better, and with the blue Nitroflex attached, my pedals are still very good. But I totally understand how much value the Simucube brake adds to the performance.

I wish you a lot of racing luck :four_leaf_clover: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

:joy::joy:… best is: first you build your rig, then the house around, and then the family that fits everything :gorilla:

About ABS, AP pedal acts like a real ABS not like a rumble.
When you brake into a corner and starts to turn with some brake pressure, AP pedal kicks your foot to release force on the brake and try to exit that ABS state on the sim.
In some slow corners with little to no grip just a hair of pressure in the pedal forces ABS to kick in and you, as a driver, knows that thats the max pressure you need to do to turn the car without understeer.

This week on iRacing, Ferrari Challenge @ Virginia Int. for testing and im really happy and impressed about the info from the ABS

2 Likes

I understand that huge difference. What I have with the rumble motor is more a warning/indicator, rather than a pedal acting in ABS mode. I get a warning from wheel lock and wheel slip, while you actually feel the sleep and lock.
Good I drive these RSS cars without ABS and TC🫡

Sure!
No ABS in car, No ABS in the AP brake.
But at the end you can fine tune how the pedal acts in those cars and find the sweet spot with just a few clicks on the app

lol exactly. wouldn’t even fit my pedal area. I have hydraulic and it’s the best I’ve found by a long shot. the vast gap between the pedal’s performance and the rest of my hardware, to your point, would break immersion anyway. That’s why I love the idea of the pedals. it’s not like they came out with an ultra mega pro plus 50nm base or something. It’s another peripheral based on fidelity. I hope they can fine tune it bc it’s something I’d find a way to get my hands on.

1 Like

Instead of a rumble motor, just attach a small shaker on your brake pedal (for example a dayton tt25) and you can get a very nice hit very close to the ABS feel. I was actually shocked with how well it feels. But apart from that the whole thing with AP as mentioned already is the range of adjustability, travel, strength with a click of a button especially if you change cars, categories, sims…
Now would i invest based on the current asking price? no not really. Maybe in the future… These things are a state of the art and not for everyone, even for us that have already spent a shitload of money on our rigs and are in the high end category of sim racers. I cannot buy a ferrari, but i still appreciate it…

1 Like

AS BJ has its own 4 motor kit I decided to go with that. I agree, ABS (I tried it out because was curious) is so informative and accurate, it’s really impressive. I use the 2 motors on the mounting plate for a bit of track vibration, curbs Aso and the ones on brake and throttle for wheel lock and wheel slip. I added acceleration/deceleration Gforces, so I don’t have more than 2 effects on most motors.
I was able to firmly connect a Dayton bass shaker directly to the Sparco Evo seat. I use it together with a nobsound mini amplifier

What maybe is best from the active Simucube pedals and information kits for the pedals, immersion expander like bass shakers under the seat is that there is a more overall experience. Therefore one is not so obsessed with the settings of the Simucube 2. Of course it’s still very important, but it’s not the only source of FFB we rely on.

The point is that with rumble motors or shakers attached to our current pedals we can easily and inexpensively get the ABS effect or rumble or whatever. I have no idea how good is the Simucube telemetry system and how it compares to simhub, but still i think this should not be the selling point for AP. The important thing with AP is that there is practically no limitation on how you want to adjust your pedal and when i say pedal i mean the brake one cause as far as using them for gas or clutch, it does not make much sense to me cost wise. For example, i like my HE Sprints which nowadays are in the mid range, but i always hated the fact that the brake pedal does not allow for much travel (for my personal preference) and making adjustments is a pain in the ass with changing elastomers, adjusting screws, loadcell kg, etc, trying on the sim and then going again to readjust and so on. This is fine if you are dealing with one sim or one category of cars, you set your pedal and forget about it. But if you are like me for example who might hop from RBR to AC for drifting and then to ACC, then AP looks like an oasis in the middle of the desert. You can set your pedal however the hell you want with a few sliders and change profiles with a click. That is awesome and for sure the future. But does it worth spending for 1 pedal 3 times what i have spent on the HE Sprints? Well, maybe… Since AP showed up, i know for sure that my current brake pedal is a compromise (for me at least). Of course there are plenty of other pedals in the market (hydraulic, air, hybrid, etc.) better and more expensive than what i have, but none of them got my interest. Simply, i think AP is on another level.

1 Like

How many people actually bother changing brake settings between cars and sims? Muscle memory for proper brake application takes time to develop. And if it’s one time set and forget deal, most high end pedals provide variety of adjustments including travel distance.
While in software adjustment certainly adds convenience, I personally do not see it as a huge selling point or the main reason most people buying them.
But again, I am looking at it from my own perspective and experience with other pedals.

@Andrew_WOT Wrt the Active Pedal, I find it easy to adjust between different profiles, used for different cars. For example, I have a gt3 profile and one for the lmp2, and it takes less than a couple of laps to settle down each time.

Almost like changing cars in real life, it’s instinctive and intuitive. Weird, I know, but not an issue.

Sometimes something is the solution precisely because it’s funny, weird or a bit odd.

Sherlock Holmes:
There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”