Simcube Pedal price

Maybe, we have thought about it, but the ActivePedal accepts inputs from certain passive pedals, such as Heusinkveld, but if I remember right, it is quite universal so it should accept inputs from pretty much all load cell based pedals and we also have an adapter in the design table that allows the users to install other brand pedals to the Active Pedal so that the data from the passive pedal goes via Simucube Link to PC and that those pedals are then configurable via our software.

What comes to the notion of 1500 USD for a 3 pedal set with other 2 being passive (if I understood it right), yeah, no. at least I have no clue how that could be commercially achieved so that all our stake holders are taken into account and satisfied (our suppliers, we and our resellers + taxes to governments) so that the product also is state of the art. Yeah, no. Very difficult to achieve if not impossible. There are plenty of manufacturers that maybe make fully passive pedal sets with that price point.

This is Wrong. In the discord someone got on my nerves… that doesn’t work, there is no telemetry channel and and. That guy just talked bullshit. My god, people like that annoy me. Sometimes when there is really high pressure on the boiler, I just love to flatten such people intellectually. This is Sparta!

It doesn’t matter… I recreated the logic of the pedals in Motec for iRacing. Also have the frequencies. I want some and I can recommend them without having seen or tested them.

Don’t worry, I stayed sweet anyway.

The logic of the pedals does not need a separate traction control channel. Simucube regulates this differently and quite smart. iRacing also outputs additional channels for Motion Rig or for example irFFB. And this is exactly where Simucube Activ Pedals comes in. They don’t need separate channels for ABS or TC! They use that what they can get!

You are right on that, including one of the most popular brands flagship.

I isolated the signal. So what is most likely to be taken and iRacing does not have a TC or ABS channel!

Here’s the one for the brake pedal.

I don’t really get your point. Did I wrote something wrong?

not you!
everything fine!

There was a guy on Discord who became unfriendly. Because I didn’t agree with him. And then some other guy texted me and he behaved really badly.

That’s why my short-tempered behavior.

I’m really sorry if I just bumped into you. Wasn’t meant for you.

I

No problem! I’m Swiss, English isn’t my first language, it’s actually Swiss German. It’s very different from proper German, you will understand maybe 1 percent… and this as a German!! Anyway, you are very excited about the pedals and also willing to pay this price. Could you please explain to me why? In a non engineer language please :hatched_chick:?

German - Ruhrpott
Sure I can. I’m taking a little break. cigarette and something to eat.
I’ve been watching at the monitor all day, my eyes are burning.

But after that I’ll try to make these pedals more understandable.

joining the conversation late so likely not on topic right now but is anybody else disappointed that the new product is actually pedals (well A pedal)? i mean price aside, just the fact its a pedal was disappointing to me at any price.

Thats because i just dont think the simucube ecosystem is very attractive anymore and will likely fall behind in the market more and more as time goes on because the ecosystem is almost non existent. I think granite are relying on aftermarket wheels and such to carry the simucube along but i dont think many people are attracted to that method these days.

Im not so annoyed at the price of the pedal, its gross yes and way overpriced to make any sense to most but im more annoyed that it was just 1 pedal and a pedal that will make almost zero impact on the market because barely anybody can afford it and it will likely be forgotten about within 12 months. I mean think about it - as new pedals release these pedals wont even get a mention because they simply wont be in the same price bracket, you dont see leo bodnar direct drive systems enter the conversation anymore, they are a forgotten relic at this point and its because they were always priced out of the conversation.

What i was hoping to see was an expansion to the ecosystem, more wheels tailored to work with the simucube on a more personal level, you guys are having sales and i dont see anything in the sales because you have nothing to sell in comparison to most other manufacturers. There seems to be a halt in the innovation with true drive, the last software update was a while ago and the upcoming one has nothing exciting from what i can see. Why not a simucube 3 if that’s what you need for a reason to write some new software and to innovate, why not some cheaper models, weaker motors perhaps to entice those looking at the more entry level options out there, that along with more wheel options im sure would revitalize the hunger for the brand.

as great as the simucube is i couldn’t honestly recommend it today, there is way too much competition with rapidly building ecosystems full of amazing looking well priced wheels, there is a sense of urgency and push from these other brands im not getting from granite at all.

i still think the products are great, i still think this is one of the only forums within this space where you can get clear and direct information really quickly from those who work within the company and thats all great but i feel like the simucube is being swamped right now with competition and the ultra amazing super expensive one off pedal was not the response i was hoping for.

2 Likes

‘‘I can only say that it is fairly simple; if the customers like our products they buy them, if they dont like them they won’t buy them.’’

you should see my face right now, you cant possibly think that is how it works, i dont know what fantasy land you live on if you think that if people like the product they will buy them and if they dont then they wont.

EVERYBODY likes the pedal, absolutely everybody… they are genius but unfortunately completely out of most peoples price range and not by a little, but by an astronomical amount. this is sim racing, its kids games man, videogames, its already stupid to buy any direct drive steering wheel system to play games but for those that want realism they will buy it if they can afford it, these pedals are not possible for most people, simply not possible.

1 Like

I can understand your views. I would be also happier if they cost less. But that’s the way it is.

The market for lower class, middle class and also upper class pedals is covered. From Logitech to Heusinkveld.

If Simucube wants to sell products in the market in the form of pedals, they have to come up with something else. So establish a product that is far above that of other manufacturers. They’re trying it right now. Costs 2000 alone and 6000 for a trio.

Surely no one in the community likes that. But what Simucube has shown so far from the construction, they look really expensive.

That is exactly how I think as price is also one factor of a product that determines that do I like a product or service or not (so much that I buy it).

Now, given that I know what it costs to make the product, if I remember right, more than double than what Simucube 2 Pro costs for us to make, would the community be happier without the product being available at all or should the product be of a lesser product, like not the best that what we can design and make available? I don’t understand that what is the thought out alternative here. If we want to make pedals, we want to make it like no other company and bring something new to the table.

Lol, ein kettenrauchender Computer Freak, dessen Leben dem gleicht, der jeden Tag in die Grube einfährt :eyes::goggles:
Ich sehe mich im🥚🪞😂

Ofcourse it is better that the product is available but no i dont think it needs to be the absolute best you can possibly make to be honest. It really just does not need to be so incredible its priced out of most peoples reach. the technology is incredible, it really is. Its probably the absolute best pedal that can be created today but that is part of the problem.

i dont think anybody would care as much if their were other options available from the brand, maybe these pedals could be the best product you guys make and the most expensive, you know… fanatec has their M4 GT3 wheel rim, the best wheel rim they made and its a special product, its priced high but thats ok because they have 20 other wheels below that available that are also pretty good for those that cant afford the best. You guys dont have that option, you are literally pricing yourselves out of the market because you have nothing else in the market, if you dropped 3 or 4 wheel rims at the same time everybody would be like wow this ecosystem is looking great but nothing seems to be coming and when it does its literally space grade components that are impressive but nobody will ever use unless they go to a certain sim racing expo that is going on right now.

i absolutely think you should have made the pedals, they are a wonderful show of what you guys can do and its truly impressive so please dont go away from any conversation thinking that people are taking a dump on your product, thats just not the case, its amazing but 95 percent of sim racers will never set a foot on that pedal but they do have money for a new wheel or shifter or handbrake or display… not the most incredible shifter ever made that you only can realistically use at a sim expo but a shifter that is well made and direct competition for other shifters… you know what i mean?

i would like to see a baby simucube DD hit the market, id like to see multiple wheels from granite, id like to see affordable pedals that are made to your usual high quality… i look around at moza, simagic, fanatec and i know that if you guys made competing products they would be made to a higher standard and wipe the floor with those but they have the products and you guys dont and thats where id like to see the push personally, maybe others dont feel that way, i am only 1 person.

Please, don’t call it ecosystem anymore. The term is associated with positive emotions, sounds harmless or almost innocent. In fact it is:

In economics, vendor lock-in , also known as proprietary lock-in or customer lock-in , makes a customer dependent on a vendor for products, unable to use another vendor without substantial switching costs.

The use of open standards and alternative options makes systems tolerant of change, so that decisions can be postponed until more information is available or unforeseen events are addressed. Vendor lock-in does the opposite: it makes it difficult to move from one solution to another.

Lock-in costs that create barriers to market entry may result in antitrust action against a monopoly.

vendor lock in is a good thing for the most part, because you are not truly locked in, you can sell stuff and move to another brand, i did so myself, sold plenty of fanatec stuff and moved over to a simucube and i dont regret it and that is why i want to see more products from them.

why shouldn’t they try to keep customers inside their ecosystem, maybe they can create products that more closely take advantage of their DD hardware instead of leaving it to third party manufacturers.

this in turn would incentivize granite to work on software further, imagine if they created a formula wheel with a display that had dedicated software that could tie in to the online setups system and so on and so forth.

its never difficult to move from one vendor to another, never difficult at all, but it does give you options from the manufacturer should you like the brand but want more products from them.

1 Like

I see it from the side of customers, as I am one of them.

Found some feedback from reddit users who tried it at SimExpo

2 Likes