SC2 September Batch

I believe some SRB customers might’ve received theirs today.

DHL shows mine will be here tomorrow

Ordered mine from RaceWerk on July 4th still waiting to be shipped on September but no update nor tracking information yet.

I ordered mine on july 5th from racewerk, Attila seams to think he will get them next week, so hopefully send next week

Si

Also ordered from racewerk, june 8th, i asked Attila if it’s likely to recieve my SC2 Pro within 11th September. He said(3 days ago) that it is likely, thats my latest information.

Screenshot_20190904-130743__01
you said there had been no revisions, what is this new connector on the pro base?

That’s a connector for an external BT antenna.

1 Like

I imagined I needed it for that, long ago I asked if there were revisions of the card, and I was told no. I ask it to you too, have there been other changes besides the addition of that connector?

I also take this opportunity to ask you something, I read about the possibility of connecting the SQ 1.5 gearbox directly to the SC2 base, do you have a scheme to do it?

Its a bit annoying the preference SRB seems to have got. They have units actively on sale on their site for immediate dispatch but my pre order from racewerk still has no sign of being shipped.

Whats the point of pre orders if you get it last?

2 Likes

I can only speak for myself but my base has the antenna connector (batch 2), how come you believe it’s not been there in batch 1?

Barrys (SimRacingGarage) unit doesn’t seem to have it but that may as well be a pre-production unit.

We have not advertised such possibility as we do not know the wiring scheme for that shifter.

Mine seems to me that it does not have it (I will check better at home … lot 1), if you also see on the site, in all the photos there is not.
I asked for revisions, and they said no.
This connector doesn’t change that much, but I would like to understand why it was added, and if there are other things inside that have been changed

2 Likes

mine (lot 1) Pro does not have it so I am also curious why and if we lack something else.

1 Like

My batch 3 just came today and I don’t recall seeing it… Will have to take a closer look when I get home. How helpful is the connector without a antenna ha

Maybe SRB ordered more units than just the pre-paid units so he has extra. For example paid for extra with his own money.

I would assume some resellers do not invest their own money and just order exactly what the pre-paid orders are.

I am just speculating, not sure if this is the case.

The problem is not that they have extra motors, the problem i see is that SRB Customers recieved their units, while my reseller doesn’t know when he will recieve his batch 3 shipment.
So i looks like there is a 5 days difference at minimum…
And Slovenia is even further away, it just doesn’t seem right for me.

Product optimization is an ongoing process in any company that makes electronics components.

The external antenna was added in production recently. The external antenna variant of a component has become better available during recent months, after the component orders for first batches were committed. Also, this version was no more expensive than the one without, so there was no reason not to implement it and bundle an antenna to go as well. All this was done regardless of zero reported issues with the Simucube Wireless Wheel system.

Please note, that we still have a small number of parts available with integrated antenna, so not all units that are shipping right now have the external antenna. As such, the units with and without the external antenna can be considered interchangeable.

User manual (available on our website) was updated today to include external antenna installation, SQR revision 2 installation instructions, and some new features that will be in an upcoming firmware version.

2 Likes

So I was wrong… I do have the connector and it came with a external antenna !

Ok understood.
Like I said I was just speculating.

I ordered from Augury and haven’t received anything yet